Reload this Page >

murder in glenelg

Wikiposts

murder in glenelg

Old Feb 1st 2004, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default murder in glenelg

Good god, I put thread on the other week about petty crime in glenelg.Yesterday we were walking along the esplanade only to find what I can only describe as a scene out of taggart"thers been a murder"as he used to say.Some media guy here killed his wife ,or other half and tried to barbacue her because she"I`m told"wanted to pack him in for someone else.All 2 hundred yards from our place!!!what`s next for glenelg????:scared:
Old Feb 1st 2004, 7:23 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: murder in glenelg

Originally posted by jockney
Good god, I put thread on the other week about petty crime in glenelg.Yesterday we were walking along the esplanade only to find what I can only describe as a scene out of taggart"thers been a murder"as he used to say.Some media guy here killed his wife ,or other half and tried to barbacue her because she"I`m told"wanted to pack him in for someone else.All 2 hundred yards from our place!!!what`s next for glenelg????:scared:

REPRODUCED without KIND PERMISSION !!

February 2, 2004

FLAMBOYANT Adelaide businessman and former radio newsman John Trenorden has been charged with murder following the discovery of a woman's body in a Glenelg apartment on Saturday.

The 53-year-old, whose interests range from mining to fashion, was arrested at Warradale early yesterday after a five-hour police search.

He was charged with murder and arson over the discovery of the 51-year-old woman's body whose identity and relationship to Trenorden have not been released.

Without elaborating, the Acting Chief Inspector of Sturt CIB, Sid Thomas, said there was a "bizarreness to the incident".

"There were some injuries to the body," he said.

A postmortem examination was carried out on the woman's body yesterday afternoon but police did not release the cause of death.

They said the woman's family made the discovery at the South Esplanade apartment.

The Metropolitan Fire Service was called to the apartment about 11pm and extinguished a "small" fire.

An SA Ambulance crew took a 27-year-old man – believed to be a relative of the victim – to the Flinders Medical Centre with a suspected broken wrist.

Police used the Rescue One helicopter in an attempt to locate Mr Trenorden. He was eventually apprehended about 4am at Warradale by a patrol. It is understood he was in need of medical assistance when arrested by police.

Police forensic investigators returned to the apartment yesterday to continue investigations.

Mr Trenorden, who is expected to appear in the Adelaide Magistrates Court today, began his career with The News in the late 1960s.

He became its pictorial editor and later worked as a newsreader for radio station 5AD and 5AA.

In 1987, he was appointed national media relations manager for Mitsubishi Motors.

His arrest has stunned Adelaide's radio community, many of whom worked closely with `JT'.

Former 5AD program manager Trevor Cowling said the news about the "flamboyant" personality was "stunning".

"It's a big shock, for me and everyone I've talked to," Mr Cowling said.

Another former colleague, who asked to remain anonymous, said news of the charges spread quickly.

"One friend said it was almost as unbelievable as the death of David Hookes, another radio man," he said.

"We all knew JT quite well – he was the sort of guy you had lunch with two or three times a year, even after he went to work for Mitsubishi."

Mr Trenorden left that position to run his own business, the Trenorden Group. "I last saw John two years ago at the Capri Theatre, and he was handing out business cards," Mr Cowling said.

The other former colleague said Mr Trenorden "was involved in exporting jade from Cowell on the Eyre Peninsula".

"At one stage, he was importing things like windows and doors from Scandinavia," he said.

In last week's Sunday Mail, Mr Trenorden ran an advertisement for his newest business, Desire Me Fashion. It offered the chance to sell an "on-line retail fashion range" – including swimwear and wedding gowns – from home.

The Advertiser
Old Feb 2nd 2004, 2:14 am
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: murder in glenelg

Originally posted by jockney
Good god, I put thread on the other week about petty crime in glenelg
Just like the guy who said his brother had just bought a house in Kersbrook so I posted a report of a shooting in THE local pub that Saturday. Doesn't matter where you live. My sis in law gets plenty of calls to domestic violence in Norwood too:scared:

Bloody snobs