Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Municipal golf down under

Municipal golf down under

Old Nov 19th 2004, 11:58 am
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light
Default Municipal golf down under

I know that they have muni/council golf courses in oz.

I have never liked the idea of private clubs / snobbery that goes with it and just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of the number of muni courses there are and more importantly and idea of the cost per round?

Thanks.

Andy
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:17 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Municipal golf down under

Originally Posted by cadman
I know that they have muni/council golf courses in oz.

I have never liked the idea of private clubs / snobbery that goes with it and just wondered if anyone could give me an idea of the number of muni courses there are and more importantly and idea of the cost per round?

Thanks.

Andy

Around $20 to $25 a round in Perth
Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:49 pm
crashbandicoot

I love golf - can't wait to play a round with an amazing view...Manchester isn't that inspiring!!!!

Old Nov 19th 2004, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks brian, similar price to here then?

(not played for years myself but believe £8-12 is the norm these days.)

I'm planning on taking it up again when I move to Oz you see.
(got my old man's clubs, will be 40 by the time I get there so may be the time to hang up the fottie boots and go for long walks hitting a ball into a small hole again, particularly if we move to Tropical Cairns)

Originally Posted by Siren
Around $20 to $25 a round in Perth
Old Nov 19th 2004, 9:21 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cadman
Thanks brian, similar price to here then?

(not played for years myself but believe £8-12 is the norm these days.)

I'm planning on taking it up again when I move to Oz you see.
(got my old man's clubs, will be 40 by the time I get there so may be the time to hang up the fottie boots and go for long walks hitting a ball into a small hole again, particularly if we move to Tropical Cairns)
Good isnt it... pay $20 walk 7 kms and if your a hacker make it 14km as you continually look for the damn ball, and try to get it inot a tiny hole some 450 metres away, all for a beer at the end of it. Sheeesh the lengths we go to, just to have a beer