Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mums in Mona Vale please !

Mums in Mona Vale please !

Old Feb 9th 2009, 5:50 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future
Default Mums in Mona Vale please !

Hi all, We finally arrived in Sydney last Thursay and will be living in Mona Vale from next Saturday.Does anybody know if there are any good kindys nearby,i know the waiting lists are quite long,but i'd like to get my daughters name down in a good kindy rather than a bad one...And like all 3 year old girls she is despo wanting to play with friends,if anybody is free in the day to play or know of any play groups please could you let me know,Cheers, Lisa!
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Mums in Mona Vale please !

Originally Posted by hettie
Hi all, We finally arrived in Sydney last Thursay and will be living in Mona Vale from next Saturday.Does anybody know if there are any good kindys nearby,i know the waiting lists are quite long,but i'd like to get my daughters name down in a good kindy rather than a bad one...And like all 3 year old girls she is despo wanting to play with friends,if anybody is free in the day to play or know of any play groups please could you let me know,Cheers, Lisa!
Mona Vale playgroup

Memorial Hall
Pittwater Road
MONA VALE NSW 2103
Phone 1: 9944 6943
Email: [email protected]

Day Time Type
Monday 09:30 Under 1's
Monday 09:30 General
Wednesday 09:30 General
Thursday 09:30 General
Friday 09:30 General

Preschools are usually pretty good but if you go along for a look see to any in the area if they do have a vacancy, you can start immediately. The preschools usually do 9-3 but there is long day care and some day care centres that may do mornings. I myself was offered three places this week when people took places elsewhere...

http://www.careforkids.com.au/search...asp?areaID=248

HTH
PP
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:52 am
Three of us

hettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant futurehettie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by plantpot
Mona Vale playgroup

Memorial Hall
Pittwater Road
MONA VALE NSW 2103
Phone 1: 9944 6943
Email: [email protected]

Day Time Type
Monday 09:30 Under 1's
Monday 09:30 General
Wednesday 09:30 General
Thursday 09:30 General
Friday 09:30 General

Preschools are usually pretty good but if you go along for a look see to any in the area if they do have a vacancy, you can start immediately. The preschools usually do 9-3 but there is long day care and some day care centres that may do mornings. I myself was offered three places this week when people took places elsewhere...

http://www.careforkids.com.au/search...asp?areaID=248

HTH
PP
Hi (SNIP),Cheers for that geat info ! When things settle down i ll give you a call and we could meet up if you want,we move to Mona Vale next Sat then the container arrives 7th March,its mad,cheers for the mes' on FB,see you soon Lisa x

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Feb 9th 2009 at 9:32 am. Reason: Name removed
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Hettie, welcome to Sydney (and northern beaches). We live in Dee Why and as it happens, we live opposite to a kindy. It's on Maroubra road, in Dee Why. The kids seem to be very happy and we see them arrange a lot of activities for them. If you want, we can get you more details and post them here tomorrow night.

Maybe a bit of a trek but on the flip side, it's just a bus ride away and there are a lot of coffee shops for parents to enjoy...In any case, welcome to Sydney!!
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:10 am
Three of us

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hey Hettie, welcome to Sydney (and northern beaches). We live in Dee Why and as it happens, we live opposite to a kindy. It's on Maroubra road, in Dee Why. The kids seem to be very happy and we see them arrange a lot of activities for them. If you want, we can get you more details and post them here tomorrow night.

Maybe a bit of a trek but on the flip side, it's just a bus ride away and there are a lot of coffee shops for parents to enjoy...In any case, welcome to Sydney!!
Hi,thanks for the info,we have got Hettie (my daughter) in Jack & Jill Kindergarten in Mona Vale,we went there today,she is on the waiting list but they happen to have a full day on Mondays,so we're going to try that one,we went to visit a few today and one was terrible,i wouldnt of put my dog in there!!!!! Hope you're well,Lisa x
Old Feb 10th 2009, 9:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,thanks for the info,we have got Hettie (my daughter) in Jack & Jill Kindergarten in Mona Vale,we went there today,she is on the waiting list but they happen to have a full day on Mondays,so we're going to try that one,we went to visit a few today and one was terrible,i wouldnt of put my dog in there!!!!! Hope you're well,Lisa x

Yep, that's also how we felt in regards to properties round here in nothern beaches. Some were utter disgrace and unfit for animals, let alone humans!!

Glad to hear that you've got that sorted. The one I mentioned is really clean and we can see it clearly from our balcony. Even when it was closed, we could see cleaners coming in and out. Place does look very children friendly.

Anyway, if at anytime you need that info, let us know. It's only round the corner from us.
Old Feb 12th 2009, 9:09 pm
Just Joined

ellliemermaid is an unknown quantity at this point

Syedney,
I have lurked for ages now but our plans are back on for an imminent move to OZ so hope you can help. We are hoping to come out to Sydney from Dublin soon, we are just going through the spouse visa application now (my husband is Irish and I am Australian but I have endured too many rainy summers to mention!)
Anyway, I would be interested in the name of your creche as we are hoping to move to Dee Why and have two daughters, aged 15months and 3 and a half.
I know this is off topic but is the rental market still difficult? Thanks and look forward to your reply.
Angela
Old Feb 12th 2009, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ellliemermaid
Syedney,
I have lurked for ages now but our plans are back on for an imminent move to OZ so hope you can help. We are hoping to come out to Sydney from Dublin soon, we are just going through the spouse visa application now (my husband is Irish and I am Australian but I have endured too many rainy summers to mention!)
Anyway, I would be interested in the name of your creche as we are hoping to move to Dee Why and have two daughters, aged 15months and 3 and a half.
I know this is off topic but is the rental market still difficult? Thanks and look forward to your reply.
Angela

We feel exatcly the way you do about too many rainy summers back in UK.

I'll get the creche info for you this evening (Sydney times!) as I am right now in North Sydney. Like I said, our balcony overlooks the creche and both my OH and myself noticed how well it's ran.

About the rental market, in Dee Why, imo, it seems that rental prices have come down in the last few months. If you want a decent 2 bed flat, then you're looking at $500 per week (maybe less now). Most flats at that price tend to be brand new development and have mod cons. I can recommend you some agencies if you like. Ours is really good. They act quickly to fix anything!

Obviously, the plusses of living here are:
1) The beach is 10 minutes walking distance away
2) Local market has fresh produce
3) We have Woolies here
4) For us, Dee Why Public school is the one our little girl liked and still does!
5) The beach has two public swimming pools (Free) and a barbeque facility (free)
6) The Beach has a large rock pool which is really a plus with our little one!
7) Plenty of coffee drinking places!!
8) Close to Palm beach!!

Anyway, I am sure you knew all that!

Let me know if you need any other infos.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ellliemermaid
Syedney,
Angela
Hi Ellie

Sorry about the delay in replying...Here's the info you requested regarding the creche:

Redman House Early Childhood Learning Centre
10-12 Redman Road
Dee Why
Telephone: 61 (0)2 9971 8518
You can find more info about it here:Redman House

I hope this helps you
Old Feb 24th 2009, 6:56 am
Just Joined

mark28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Myself and my wife have been here for 7 months now and are living in fairlight, have met a number of people and always happy to get to know others, we have a 3 year old girl.

Loving it here so far and our daughter is now at pre school 2 days a week, my wife has a friend in Narrabeen so is up there a fair bit and said she would be happy to meet if you like ?

Regards Mark
Old Mar 10th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Syedney!

Could you please let me know the name of your agents? We're thinking about moving to Dee Why in Aug.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Syedney
We feel exatcly the way you do about too many rainy summers back in UK.

I'll get the creche info for you this evening (Sydney times!) as I am right now in North Sydney. Like I said, our balcony overlooks the creche and both my OH and myself noticed how well it's ran.

About the rental market, in Dee Why, imo, it seems that rental prices have come down in the last few months. If you want a decent 2 bed flat, then you're looking at $500 per week (maybe less now). Most flats at that price tend to be brand new development and have mod cons. I can recommend you some agencies if you like. Ours is really good. They act quickly to fix anything!

Obviously, the plusses of living here are:
1) The beach is 10 minutes walking distance away
2) Local market has fresh produce
3) We have Woolies here
4) For us, Dee Why Public school is the one our little girl liked and still does!
5) The beach has two public swimming pools (Free) and a barbeque facility (free)
6) The Beach has a large rock pool which is really a plus with our little one!
7) Plenty of coffee drinking places!!
8) Close to Palm beach!!

Anyway, I am sure you knew all that!

Let me know if you need any other infos.
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

ShoppingJoJo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lisa,

We live in Bayview and my youngest, who is 2 and a half, goes to Jack and Jill but towards the end of the week - he loves it and I think the staff are incrediable! We also go to the Mona Vale playgroup on a Wednesday, which is a fab way of meeting new friends.

If you are ever at a loose end and fancy meeting for a coffee, drop me a pm.

Jo
x
Old Mar 17th 2009, 9:34 am
Three of us

Originally Posted by ShoppingJoJo
Hi Lisa,

We live in Bayview and my youngest, who is 2 and a half, goes to Jack and Jill but towards the end of the week - he loves it and I think the staff are incrediable! We also go to the Mona Vale playgroup on a Wednesday, which is a fab way of meeting new friends.

If you are ever at a loose end and fancy meeting for a coffee, drop me a pm.

Jo
x
Hi J,we ve been here 6wks now so far so good,i ve met loads of people,having children makes it alot easier where is the mona vale play group,hettie is 4 in oct and looks and acts like shes 6 !! do you think she ll be too young for the group,also she started at Jack and Jill but we took her out in the end as she hated it Shes now in a kindy with her best friend in Freshwater and thankfully she loves it,Kids there a worry arent they!!!!! Might get to catch up with you some time,lisa x
Old Mar 17th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryem78
Hi Syedney!

Could you please let me know the name of your agents? We're thinking about moving to Dee Why in Aug.

Thanks!

Hi mate...Sorry about the delay in replying...been one hell of a few days..glad it's all over
Anyway, our agents details:

Tulo Sila (name of agent)
Mackinnon Estate Agents
Dee Why
Sydney 2099
www.macagents.com.au

Tel: 61 (0)2 9971 2299
Fax: 61 (0)2 9971 2206

Another agent not too far from here (in Manly):

L J Hooker
61 Sydney Road
Manly
NSW 2095

Tel: 61 (0)2 9977 8666
ljhooker.com

If you're looking to see what properties available here, check these out:

www.domain.com.au (click on Rent first!!)
www.gumtree.com.au

Good luck mate...
Old Mar 17th 2009, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Ryem78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Syedney!! Hope everything's ok??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.