Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mummy meets south brisbane

Mummy meets south brisbane

Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Nadia_Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

I went to Lollipops this week with Jonty, it's quite good, but more expensive than the other one mentioned as costs about $14 to get in (adult + child), but you get a free coffee/tea voucher with this. Maybe they'll do a discount if there's a regular group going. Sounds like a good idea to alternate the venues.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Hi girls

Its been too long since I've seen everyone, don't know what I've been doing!!
Anyway, the indoor playcentres sound a good idea to me, we've been to Lollipops and Alex always enjoys it there (they also have a tea cups ride that the kids, and adults, can go on for free). I haven't been to the others but we could drive over to them if you are meeting there.

Hope to see you all soon
Sue
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

liannems is an unknown quantity at this point

Next week meet on Fri 5th Dec at Little Tigrrs at Homezone, 142, Newmarket Road, Windsor. Time still to be decided! (it's just down the road from Wilston Railway station for anyone without transport)

So far for next week I think it's:

Jo + 2
Stella + 2
Nadia + 1
Lianne + 1
Maria + 1
Jacqui + 1

Stella, If you're going to book for next week we'll let you decide on the time!!
10.30am? 11am?

lianne

P.S Anyone got a cure for a 7 month old stubborn child who no longer wants to sleep during day and wakes every 3 hours through the night instead of sleeping 11 hours? I'm about to go crazy through the exhaustion!!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:05 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by liannems
Next week meet on Fri 5th Dec at Little Tigrrs at Homezone, 142, Newmarket Road, Windsor. Time still to be decided! (it's just down the road from Wilston Railway station for anyone without transport)

Jo + 2
Stella + 2
Nadia + 1
Lianne + 1
Maria + 1
Jacqui + 1

Stella, If you're going to book for next week we'll let you decide on the time!!
10.30am? 11am?

lianne

P.S Anyone got a cure for a 7 month old stubborn child who no longer wants to sleep during day and wakes every 3 hours through the night instead of sleeping 11 hours? I'm about to go crazy through the exhaustion!!
Karen +2
not sure but think Nikki +2

Oh lianne you poor thing. I would say he is over tired and that is why he is so wakeful at night. I had the same the other day with Xavier and he is 8wks. Luckily he decided to sleep the following daytime and was up less frequent the next night. As to how you get him to sleep in the day not sure I used to take Erykah for long drives, or long walks, or put her in the pram covered in the garden and let her cry herself to sleep while I chatted on phone to take my mind off her crying. She was usually asleep when I went to check on her.

Let us know how you get on. Have you got anyone who could take him while you get some sleep in the day??

Also went to New Farm Park yesterday at 2:30 and it was lovely and shaded and a cool breeze coming through what do people think of moving the wed morning meet to be in the afternoon? Just a thought but I find it much cooler than in the mornings
Old Nov 29th 2008, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

Gaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the roughGaz & Sue is a jewel in the rough

Jo + 2
Stella + 2
Nadia + 1
Lianne + 1
Maria + 1
Jacqui + 1

10.30am? 11am?

lianne

Hi
Can you count me and Alex in please.
Cheers
Sue
Old Nov 30th 2008, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Update for 5th Dec meet.

Jo + 2
Stella + 2
Nadia + 1
Lianne + 1
Maria + 1
Jacqui + 1
Nikki + 2
Karen + 2
Sue + 1

Stella, did you decide on a time? and are you still ok to book it? thanks

Looking forward to catching up with you all.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Update for 5th Dec meet.

Jo + 2
Stella + 2
Nadia + 1
Lianne + 1
Maria + 1
Jacqui + 1
Nikki + 2
Karen + 2
Sue + 1

Stella, did you decide on a time? and are you still ok to book it? thanks

Looking forward to catching up with you all.
I'll book for 10.30 (under British Expats) but may not be able to make it myself.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Nikki R is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
My 2 went the other day and loved it so would go but depends on the time as I am going to Sydney at 1400 and need to be at CBD by 1230 so might not be worth it.
I will let you know if not would be up for the next time
Nik
Old Dec 1st 2008, 9:42 am
Forum Regular

kissfritz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there, been following this thread but got a bit confused .
Do I need to let you know if I am coming if I have an under 1 year old? Just not sure as at today if I can make it or not.

Trying this place sounds like a great idea. Also thought what Jo said about places like New Farm being much cooler in the afternoon would be worth a go.

BTW Lianne - my mate Fil (she came to the Bjorn Again thing) has just managed to get her 14 month old sleeping through the night for the first time ever - she was raving about a book. I'll find out what it was and let you know. I know your boy is much younger than that but there may be something useful in it for you.

Cheers Chrissie and Grace
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

dejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud ofdejags has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kissfritz
Hi there, been following this thread but got a bit confused .
Do I need to let you know if I am coming if I have an under 1 year old? Just not sure as at today if I can make it or not.

Trying this place sounds like a great idea. Also thought what Jo said about places like New Farm being much cooler in the afternoon would be worth a go.

BTW Lianne - my mate Fil (she came to the Bjorn Again thing) has just managed to get her 14 month old sleeping through the night for the first time ever - she was raving about a book. I'll find out what it was and let you know. I know your boy is much younger than that but there may be something useful in it for you.

Cheers Chrissie and Grace

Hi all,

I have booked as follows:

Little Tiggrs @ 10am (reserved for British Expats)
Unit 410b
HomeZone
142 Newmarket Rd
Windsor QLD 4030
Ph: 33579701

I have told them that this will be a trial week and that if it suits everybody location wise, we'll make a regular booking. So for Friday it will be $9 per child (over 1). If we go ahead with a regular booking (highly recommended for school hols) then it will be $7.50 per child. They have asked that the booking start at 10am (presumably so that if we don't pitch up they can give the table to waiting customers).

I am having a crazy week, so I hope to make it for at least an hour on Friday. If not, I'll watch the thread for the details of the next meetup.

Stella
xx

Last edited by dejags; Dec 2nd 2008 at 12:33 am. Reason: forgot some info
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Nadia_Roberts is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for sorting that out Stella. See you on Friday if you can make it.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

tonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant futuretonik25 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by joh117
Toni has had the baby then!! Congrats Toni tell us more. Xavier will be gutted he enjoyed being the youngest of the group
Hi girls, sorry about the delay, I haven't been online for a while. Yes, Charlie arrived at 6:04am on 25th November weighing in at 7lb 8oz. We are both doing fine and I said to Stella I will be joining you at the meets again just as soon as I figure the little one out. Seems to be a mad frenzy of feeding and nappies at the moment but I'm sure you all know about that!

See you soon hopefully.

Antonia
x
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 8:41 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by tonik25
Hi girls, sorry about the delay, I haven't been online for a while. Yes, Charlie arrived at 6:04am on 25th November weighing in at 7lb 8oz. We are both doing fine and I said to Stella I will be joining you at the meets again just as soon as I figure the little one out. Seems to be a mad frenzy of feeding and nappies at the moment but I'm sure you all know about that!

See you soon hopefully.

Antonia
x
Congrats Antonia on baby Charlie. I am with you there with the feeding and nappies and trying to get him to sleep its like an ongoing rollercoaster ride but great fun and extremely rewarding wait a few more weeks and you will be getting the little smiles.

Be good to catch up once you get yourself settled in to some sort of routine.

Take care

Jo x
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Mummy meets south brisbane

Not sure if I will make it tomorrow but if I do, I'll be late.

Started Cian on Save our Sleep book by Tizzie Hall yesterday (thanks for that Chrissie) and lots of it makes a lot of sense (unlike the 4 I read when I had olivia) and crossed fingers, things are started to improve but I think I need to stay home for his naps for a few more days just to get him used to the new routine before one of us ends up leaving home!

So if I don't see you tomorrow, I'll see most of you on Saturday at 6pm at Chez Laila. Looking forward to it!

Lianne
Old Dec 5th 2008, 2:30 am
Pass The Post

The meet next week will be on WED 10th DEC at NEW FARM PARK at 14:30

Please note the change in time this is due to the afternoons being cooler and more shade.

The friday meet has been booked with Little Tiggrs for the 19th Dec at 10am as it was a huge success this morning.

The next friday meet fell on the 2nd Jan and most today said they would be away so a regular booking has been made from the 16th Jan for Friday at 10am every fortnight. They are doing it at $7.50 those under 1 are free and there is plenty of parking.

See you tomorrow night for those able to make the night out

Jo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.