Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mum told me not to...............................

Mum told me not to...............................

Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:00 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Mum told me not to...............................

marry a toyboy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My OH is 9 years younger than me we have been together 15 years and married for 13 of those but our CO needs further proof of an ongoing relationship
No reason behind the request but our agent seems to think it's because of the age difference so after being on cloud 9 last week cos things were moving we are now getting copies of bank statements, joint bills and statements from rellies and friends to prove that we are indeed a couple

If mum was still alive I bet she would have said 'told you not to marry a toyboy!'

Ah well back to the bottle

Loz x
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:20 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mum told me not to...............................

Originally Posted by loz

My OH is 9 years younger than me we have been together 15 years and married for 13 of those but our CO needs further proof of an ongoing relationship
No reason behind the request but our agent seems to think it's because of the age difference so after being on cloud 9 last week cos things were moving we are now getting copies of bank statements, joint bills and statements from rellies and friends to prove that we are indeed a couple

If mum was still alive I bet she would have said 'told you not to marry a toyboy!'

Loz x
It's probably just a crusty old woman who is jealous and wants a younger man for herself.

(Shouldn't have said that they could be watching and this could be why I am still waiting for a CO after 5 1/2 months)

You enjoy your young(er) man
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:42 pm
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz

Loz x

Oh b****y hell - my OH is 11 years younger than me. We've been married for 9 years, together for 12 and have 2 kids - what more evidence can they need. Reminds me of when I wanted a home birth with DD 2 and they came up with any reason possible to stop me (I got my way BTY)...

Lou
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:49 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Mum told me not to...............................

Originally Posted by loz

Loz x
For other people reading this thread, be aware that the process involved in this type of application can feel uncomfortably intrusive at times. (I have this advice from my twin brother, whose American wife was grilled rather thoroughly.)

The visa blokes will want to see personal correspondence, photos of the happy couple together, testimonials from friends who have watched your love grow over time, etc. In other words, things which prove that you have a deep and abiding relationship.

I have been advised that the officials who review people's applications will also keep an eye out for photos with different scenes and different clothes, demonstrating a genuine life together. (Apparently some people who try to fudge their application with a sham marriage, often shoot a whole roll of film in the same set of clothes!)

I have attached images of the guideline documents to give you some idea of the material you will need to provide. It is pretty serious stuff.

Take care not to underestimate the volume (or intimacy) of the evidence they will ask to see.

And best of British luck to you all.
Attached Thumbnails Mum told me not to...............................-visa-2.jpg   Mum told me not to...............................-visa-3.jpg   Mum told me not to...............................-visa-4.jpg  
Old Mar 16th 2006, 9:59 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
For other people reading this thread, be aware that the process involved in this type of application can feel uncomfortably intrusive at times.
It's the price everyone has to pay for those who DO try to fiddle the system.

G
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

storms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant futurestorms has a brilliant future

Long story,

Had 3 wedding ceremnonies 2 wedding certs, have two wedding albums (wedding cake smaller in 2nd) third selection of wedding photos and all this happened in under a month!!!!! (not a freak religion either!!!) All to the same guy (he had his chance to get away more than once!!!)

Hope they don't start asking to see more proof then we've sent - nightmare!!!!

:scared:
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

For other people reading this thread, be aware that the process involved in this type of application can feel uncomfortably intrusive at times. (I have this advice from my twin brother, whose American wife was grilled rather thoroughly.)

The visa blokes will want to see personal correspondence, photos of the happy couple together, testimonials from friends who have watched your love grow over time, etc. In other words, things which prove that you have a deep and abiding relationship.

I have been advised that the officials who review people's applications will also keep an eye out for photos with different scenes and different clothes, demonstrating a genuine life together. (Apparently some people who try to fudge their application with a sham marriage, often shoot a whole roll of film in the same set of clothes!)

I have attached images of the guideline documents to give you some idea of the material you will need to provide. It is pretty serious stuff.

Take care not to underestimate the volume (or intimacy) of the evidence they will ask to see.

They MIGHT go indepth, however when we applied for my Hubby's spouse visa they didnt at all.

We gave pictures, a letter from each of us telling how we met and where we see our relationship heading etc, some financial statements and just 2 letters from my family and not too much else.

They didnt ask for any more than that and we didnt feel like they wanted anything more in depth.

I am 4 years older than my Hubby and we had been together for 3 years in total and married for 1 year when we applied.

Dont be TOO terrified if you have a genuine relationship and you are applying for visa. Its not always that bad.

Hels
Look at moi!!!

Weasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond reputeWeasy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't these things usually apply to spouse visas? We married here 9 years ago!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:08 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Mum told me not to...............................

Originally Posted by charles.edington
Don't these things usually apply to spouse visas?
Yes, they do. I thought that's what the OP was applying for, hence all the stuff about proving the legitimacy of her relationship.

We married here 9 years ago!!!!!!!!!
Belated congratulations.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: Mum told me not to...............................

Originally Posted by Hels
They MIGHT go indepth, however when we applied for my Hubby's spouse visa they didnt at all.

We gave pictures, a letter from each of us telling how we met and where we see our relationship heading etc, some financial statements and just 2 letters from my family and not too much else.

They didnt ask for any more than that and we didnt feel like they wanted anything more in depth.

I am 4 years older than my Hubby and we had been together for 3 years in total and married for 1 year when we applied.

Dont be TOO terrified if you have a genuine relationship and you are applying for visa. Its not always that bad.

Hels
Oooh, thanks for that; I shall tell the missus.

She's only one year younger than me, and we'll have been married for two years by the time we apply.

But if necessary, we have boggins of proof; they'll be sorry they ever asked to see anything!
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:11 pm
Fighting my corner

Wink Re: Mum told me not to...............................

Originally Posted by Grayling
It's the price everyone has to pay for those who DO try to fiddle the system.

G
Yes, exactly - and a bloody good thing too, in my opinion! I don't want some dodgy geezer and his "wife" sneaking into my country under false pretences.

I believe they have a section on the forms which reads:

People with "wives" called "Dave" need not apply.
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:14 pm
Look at moi!!!

Yes, exactly - and a bloody good thing too, in my opinion! I don't want some dodgy geezer and his "wife" sneaking into my country under false pretences.

Especially if his "wife" is called "Dave."

V funny vash - I agree wholeheartedly though...
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by loz

Loz x
What type of visa are you applying for?

Jane
Old Mar 16th 2006, 10:15 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz

Loz x
That sounds really strange to me. What did you provide as proof originally?
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:35 am
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

That seems really strange to me too !!

I am 11 years older than my partner and we had no problems getting our Spouse Visa. We had known each other for just over 2 years and had lived together for 18 months at the time of applying. We weren't asked to provide any further proof of our relationship. Seems a bit weird that someone who has been married for 13 years should be asked for more proof

Wendy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.