Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mum of three wants to meet friends

mum of three wants to meet friends

Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

ozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: mum of three wants to meet friends

Originally Posted by Scotschick
Hi

Hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread. Just wanted to know what Ormeau is like as that is the main area we are considering living in. We have a 5 year old son and are hoping to move over at the end of June and will be in the same boat as you wanting to meet some people to chat to. Especially me as hubby will be working and I am hoping to go part time once our son is settled in school.

I also love shopping, going out and having a laugh and at the mo do lunches with my mates at least twice a week so you sound like you are just up my street!!!!

Any info you could give me about the area and the school would be great.

Thanks

Jacqui
hi jacqui

hooray a woman after my own heart we will have to do the shopping and lunches when u get here in june, i so miss it, they just don't seem to do this girly activity here much (i do not understand it who would not like retail shopping and lunch), when i lived in the uk (never ever going back) i use to go shopping and lunch with friends at lease one or twice a week plus we would take the kids out or do tea at each other place may we could do this as well if u are coming to ormeau.
ormeau: quite,rent not to high we pay 340 bucks a week for a four bed house,oldest son goes to local state school call ormeau state school u can find them on the queensland govenment school page ,my son is 8 and has fitted in very well i am sure your son will love it too, when did he turn five because he will be in prep here not year 1, my other son who is four and turns five at the begin of next year starts ormeau state prep, he can,t wait i should tell u once your son is a little older he can get the before and after school bus picks them up at different bus stops from about 8:00 am in the morning and drop them off at about 3:15 pm in the afternoon plus the bus pass is free. the post code for ormeau is 4209 this should make it easier for u to find a house in ormeau on www.realestate.com.au this post code will show u all the places near ormeau as well. ormeau is only 20 to 30 mins drive to brisbane cbd and only 20 to 25 mins drive to southport this is one of the reasons we picked ormeau is because i go to college in southport and my hubby goes to work in bris cbd, there is a little row of shop that have a iga supermarket, fish and chip shop things like that plus they have a great pub the does a free bus pick up and drop off for locals in ormeau if there is anything else i can help u with u know where i am if u just want to chat i am here.
look forward to meeting u and your family u will love ormeau
ozziegirl
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

ozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
Hi, we are moving out to Gold Coast on 6th June and would love to meet some new friends for activities for the children..mine 13,11,7&5 and shopping, lunches etc. Hope to hear from anyone wishing to meet up.
hi sarahjane

where in the gold coast are u looking to move too?
how do u do it i thought three was hard enough but u have four good on u girl u have more patience than me are your herd all boys or girls?
when u get here we can sort out some where to meet that will entertain all of them how does burleigh beach sound great for all ages the surf is cool, great park on the beach for the little ones and if your 13 and 11 year old want me and my 8 year can teach them to body board. burleigh beach is good as well because it's more a locals beach and the rips are not to bad there and u have to go over a sand dune in the sea to get to the deep part.
hope u are looking forward to leaving the uk and starting to live your dream i can say i am, with no fear or regret, i only miss the friends and family i left behind not the country again if friends are good friends they will come over
here to chat and help
ozziegirl
Old Apr 16th 2007, 2:19 am
Just Joined

paulaos is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: mum of three wants to meet friends

Hello Ozziegirl,
I'm Paula at sahm with two girls aged 11years and 5 months - small gap. eh!
I live on pacific pines and I'm always on the lookout for new mates! If you ever want to meet up on mon or fri I'll be up for it. No car at the mo, just looking for one, but I can probably get across to Helensvale on the bus if you want to do lunch

I've met other mums thru this site, lovely people, and I'm sure you will too!

Paula
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:00 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ozziegirl
hi sarahjane

how do u do it i thought three was hard enough but u have four good on u girl u have more patience than me are your herd all boys or girls?
when u get here we can sort out some where to meet that will entertain all of them how does burleigh beach sound great for all ages the surf is cool, great park on the beach for the little ones and if your 13 and 11 year old want me and my 8 year can teach them to body board. burleigh beach is good as well because it's more a locals beach and the rips are not to bad there and u have to go over a sand dune in the sea to get to the deep part.
hope u are looking forward to leaving the uk and starting to live your dream i can say i am, with no fear or regret, i only miss the friends and family i left behind not the country again if friends are good friends they will come over
here to chat and help
ozziegirl
Hya agai, I have 1 girl (11) and three boys 13,7&5. We are not enriely sure where we want to settle until we get there but are looking at maybe Mudgeeraba and Arundel?? We havent got any definate plans in mind and advice would be greatly received! Burleigh Beach sounds nice...the kids already enjoy bodyboarding and surfing as we are living in Cornwall at the moment so plenty of opportunaty when the sun shines (which isnt enough!) Would love to meet you and your clan when we get there so please keep in touch, perhaps you could PM me your email/MSN so I can contact you when we get there. I will be offline for a few weeks from the end of April as we are selling our house and have to move into short term rented until we leave the Uk on 29th May. Take care and hope to hear from you soon. Sarahx
Old Apr 16th 2007, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulaos
Hello Ozziegirl,
I'm Paula at sahm with two girls aged 11years and 5 months - small gap. eh!
I live on pacific pines and I'm always on the lookout for new mates! If you ever want to meet up on mon or fri I'll be up for it. No car at the mo, just looking for one, but I can probably get across to Helensvale on the bus if you want to do lunch

I've met other mums thru this site, lovely people, and I'm sure you will too!

Paula
hi paula

thanks for the offer would u like to meet up next friday at helenvale mall i will only have the two my 4 year old and the 22 mth with me lunch sounds great it would be good to have a chat.
ozziegirl
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:30 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

hi sarahjane

here to chat and help
ozziegirl
Hya again, Just this morning booked 3 weeks accomodation on Broadbeach, is that anywhere near to you? We will be there from 23rd June to 15th July. I am so excited now as things are really coming together. Sarah x
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:38 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

the expats meets are a great thing. we have made loads of friends from them, both here and in sydney.
its not something seedy, its just a bunch of expats getting together and having a natter. if you happen to make friends from it, well then its a bonus.

if u have been to a meet and dint like some of the people there, then try another.

this might sound harsh, but if anyone has been out here a year and have not made friends then there must be something wrong with them. there has been about 16 meets on the gold coast since we moved here last year. we missed the first two, pac pines has had about 5, we have been to one on the beach, one at the benowa tavern, the ladies have had at least 4 days out, and im sure theres another group having meets (last one was at labrador) i think.

if you want an easier start to your life in australia, then get your arse to a meet!

not everyone likes the meets, but then they just go off and try a bit harder to find friends some place else
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

hi julia

i am so gald u feel the same! . if u do go to the next one i will to with the kids would love the support and safety of already knowing a lease one person before we go.

we will have to meet up before hand at helensvale shopping centre for some lunch, how does that sound i only have mondays and fridays off college i am a hairdresser redoing my qualification here, i hope this is ok with u .

forgot to tell u i live in ormeau just up the road

ozziegirl (stacey)

Hi Stacey,

Hopefully I will get a chance to meet up sometime soon, I normally work Monday to Thursday and have Friday off, but we have been really busy lately so I have been working some Fridays. Next time I have a Friday free I will contact you to arrange to meet.

Julia
Old Apr 16th 2007, 12:50 pm
Enjoying the good life!

hi sarahjane

here to chat and help
ozziegirl
just booked 3 weeks on Broadbeach and had look on the map, it dosent look too far away from you?? or burleigh beach we arrive there 23rd june. sarah
Old Apr 16th 2007, 3:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

billy0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nicebilly0911 is just really nice

Hi ozziegirl

We are in robertson south Brisbane i know how you are feeling having left a large network of friends i have a son of 4 and daughter of 10 going on 28
let me know if you want to meet for coffee well infact can't be coffee i don't like it lol

Vicki
Old Apr 16th 2007, 4:51 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

hi andrea

when u move this way give me a shout on the forum and we can arrange a meet up .
i don't want u to get lonely it's such a horrible feeling , and swear it bring on the homesickness a little bit for the friends u left behind

stay in touch through the forum (even if u just want to chat)
ozziegirl
Hi Ozziegirl,

That would be great! My 2 are a boy aged 10 and a girl aged 4! will keep in touch and meet when I get there hopefully in June We are also looking at ormeau, upper coomera, helensvale areas but won't decide until we arrive.

Andreaxx
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
the expats meets are a great thing. we have made loads of friends from them, both here and in sydney.
its not something seedy, its just a bunch of expats getting together and having a natter. if you happen to make friends from it, well then its a bonus.

if u have been to a meet and dint like some of the people there, then try another.

this might sound harsh, but if anyone has been out here a year and have not made friends then there must be something wrong with them. there has been about 16 meets on the gold coast since we moved here last year. we missed the first two, pac pines has had about 5, we have been to one on the beach, one at the benowa tavern, the ladies have had at least 4 days out, and im sure theres another group having meets (last one was at labrador) i think.

if you want an easier start to your life in australia, then get your arse to a meet!

not everyone likes the meets, but then they just go off and try a bit harder to find friends some place else
When's your next meet at the beach Soapy. Would love to come along to it as we missed the meet in Feb when we were over. We won't be flying out until 21 June though.

Cheers
Old Apr 16th 2007, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

hi jacqui

hooray a woman after my own heart we will have to do the shopping and lunches when u get here in june, i so miss it, they just don't seem to do this girly activity here much (i do not understand it who would not like retail shopping and lunch), when i lived in the uk (never ever going back) i use to go shopping and lunch with friends at lease one or twice a week plus we would take the kids out or do tea at each other place may we could do this as well if u are coming to ormeau.
ormeau: quite,rent not to high we pay 340 bucks a week for a four bed house,oldest son goes to local state school call ormeau state school u can find them on the queensland govenment school page ,my son is 8 and has fitted in very well i am sure your son will love it too, when did he turn five because he will be in prep here not year 1, my other son who is four and turns five at the begin of next year starts ormeau state prep, he can,t wait i should tell u once your son is a little older he can get the before and after school bus picks them up at different bus stops from about 8:00 am in the morning and drop them off at about 3:15 pm in the afternoon plus the bus pass is free. the post code for ormeau is 4209 this should make it easier for u to find a house in ormeau on www.realestate.com.au this post code will show u all the places near ormeau as well. ormeau is only 20 to 30 mins drive to brisbane cbd and only 20 to 25 mins drive to southport this is one of the reasons we picked ormeau is because i go to college in southport and my hubby goes to work in bris cbd, there is a little row of shop that have a iga supermarket, fish and chip shop things like that plus they have a great pub the does a free bus pick up and drop off for locals in ormeau if there is anything else i can help u with u know where i am if u just want to chat i am here.
look forward to meeting u and your family u will love ormeau
ozziegirl
Yep my hubby will testify that I am a shopaholic - will take a mighty force to wrench me from my Next Directory but hey ho I am sure it will be worth it.

Look forward to having lunch when I get over.

Our son will be 6 at the end of December - he has nearly completed a full year of school here so don't know how this will work out in Queensland.

Thanks for the info - Real Estate.Com is already in my favourites so will go back to having another look.

Jacqui
Old Apr 16th 2007, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: mum of three wants to meet friends

Hello Stacey,

It'll be good to meet up, I'll pm you my phone numbers and we'll have to arrange it. If anyone else wants to come along, don't be shy, just join in!!

Looking forward to meeting you, Paula
Old Apr 16th 2007, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SarahJane2007
just booked 3 weeks on Broadbeach and had look on the map, it dosent look too far away from you?? or burleigh beach we arrive there 23rd june. sarah
Hey sarahjane, you will love Broadbeach!! It has got everything you will need, beach, restaurants, shops (lots of shops!). And the kids will have a great time. Make sure you check out the surf club for cheap meals!

Paula

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.