Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mum of three wants to meet friends

mum of three wants to meet friends

Old Apr 12th 2007, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

ozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the rough
Default mum of three wants to meet friends

hi anyone out there!

i arrived in the gold coast area in dec , and go to college three days a week tuesday,wednesday,thursday and need some friends not just for myself but for my kids aswell, am starting to feel very lonely and finding it hard to make friends with kids to do days out to the beach and park, plus missing the big one shopping and lunches with a good friend ...

does anyone else feel the same or am i just a very sad person who needs to get a life!!!!!

have tried to find places to go with no luck as limted to only mondays and fridays off.

please contact me ozziegirl
Old Apr 13th 2007, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Katherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really niceKatherined0 is just really nice
Default Re: mum of three wants to meet friends

Originally Posted by ozziegirl
hi anyone out there!

i arrived in the gold coast area in dec , and go to college three days a week tuesday,wednesday,thursday and need some friends not just for myself but for my kids aswell, am starting to feel very lonely and finding it hard to make friends with kids to do days out to the beach and park, plus missing the big one shopping and lunches with a good friend ...

does anyone else feel the same or am i just a very sad person who needs to get a life!!!!!

have tried to find places to go with no luck as limted to only mondays and fridays off.

Feel the same -- unfortunately not in the same area as you -- Good Luck!
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

hi anyone out there!

Hi Ozziegirl,

We are a family of 4 on the Gold Coast, I am sure there are plenty of people out there in the same boat as you. Whereabouts are you living and how old are your kids?

Julia
Old Apr 13th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute

Hi its me again, just noticed the thread about the meetup for mums in Pacific Pines, perhaps this is something you could try??

Julia
Old Apr 13th 2007, 12:59 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

hi anyone out there!

Hi Ozziegirl have you checked out the meet ups section?

I can imagine how hard it must be to get a network of friends once your there I do hope you manage to meet some soon.

Myself and OH and 2 kids are moving to the Gold Coast are in June so I'm sure you'll be seeing a similar post from me soon.

Andreaxx
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:44 pm
Forum Regular

ozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the roughozziegirl is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
Hi Ozziegirl,

We are a family of 4 on the Gold Coast, I am sure there are plenty of people out there in the same boat as you. Whereabouts are you living and how old are your kids?

Julia

we are living in ormeau my boys are 8 going on 18,4 years old and 22 mths
did see the pacific pines meet up am going to send a quote to them to find out the next meet up date feeling a bit worried never been on expats before to meet friends. have u ????
Old Apr 13th 2007, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

we are living in ormeau my boys are 8 going on 18,4 years old and 22 mths
did see the pacific pines meet up am going to send a quote to them to find out the next meet up date feeling a bit worried never been on expats before to meet friends. have u ????
I have only ever been to one expat meetup when we first arrived down at Burleigh but I am not really comfortable with it. I was thinking about going to the next Pacific Pines girls meet though so perhaps if you are we could go together for moral support?

I have 2 kids, a boy who is 8 and an older girl who is 14 and we live in Upper Coomera.

Julia
Old Apr 14th 2007, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi anyone out there!

Hi,

My 8mth son and I are moving to north Brisbane toward the end of May, but there is a good possibility that I will be studying in Southport, Gold Coast and will prob stay down there during the week. Would be great to meet up with others for my son and I and to make some new friends. Where abouts on the Gold Coast are you?

Sam
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samlee31
Hi,

My 8mth son and I are moving to north Brisbane toward the end of May, but there is a good possibility that I will be studying in Southport, Gold Coast and will prob stay down there during the week. Would be great to meet up with others for my son and I and to make some new friends. Where abouts on the Gold Coast are you?

Sam

hi sam

good luck with the move!. Where in north brisbane are u looking to move? i live in ormeau which is at the very end of the gold coast area we are only 25 mins from brisbane cbd and 20 mins from southport only friend i do have lives in bribe island and that takes 1 hour to drive there,i hope this helps.
what are u going to study in southport? i ask because thats where i go to college redoing my hairdressing, my school is on nerang street if u are close we could meet up for lunch once u have started.
or we could meet up once u have moved at southbank for a picnic with the kiddie winks

ozziegirl
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAYMAC
I have only ever been to one expat meetup when we first arrived down at Burleigh but I am not really comfortable with it. I was thinking about going to the next Pacific Pines girls meet though so perhaps if you are we could go together for moral support?

I have 2 kids, a boy who is 8 and an older girl who is 14 and we live in Upper Coomera.

Julia
hi julia

i am so gald u feel the same! . if u do go to the next one i will to with the kids would love the support and safety of already knowing a lease one person before we go.

we will have to meet up before hand at helensvale shopping centre for some lunch, how does that sound i only have mondays and fridays off college i am a hairdresser redoing my qualification here, i hope this is ok with u .

forgot to tell u i live in ormeau just up the road

ozziegirl (stacey)
Old Apr 14th 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acbh2
Hi Ozziegirl have you checked out the meet ups section?

I can imagine how hard it must be to get a network of friends once your there I do hope you manage to meet some soon.

Myself and OH and 2 kids are moving to the Gold Coast are in June so I'm sure you'll be seeing a similar post from me soon.

Andreaxx
hi andrea

when u move this way give me a shout on the forum and we can arrange a meet up .
i don't want u to get lonely it's such a horrible feeling , and swear it bring on the homesickness a little bit for the friends u left behind

stay in touch through the forum (even if u just want to chat)
ozziegirl
Old Apr 15th 2007, 6:44 am
Just Joined

samlee31 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi sam

good luck with the move!. Where in north brisbane are u looking to move? i live in ormeau which is at the very end of the gold coast area we are only 25 mins from brisbane cbd and 20 mins from southport only friend i do have lives in bribe island and that takes 1 hour to drive there,i hope this helps.
what are u going to study in southport? i ask because thats where i go to college redoing my hairdressing, my school is on nerang street if u are close we could meet up for lunch once u have started.
or we could meet up once u have moved at southbank for a picnic with the kiddie winks

ozziegirl
Hi,

I will be about 5 mins from Bribie Island! I will be studying Childcare so that I can hopefully apply for permenant residence afterwards (thats the plan anyway!) I really aqm unsure of definate plans, as i am just going to come over and then sort student visa and such when im over there! SOuthbank is a lovely place for kids, would be great to meet up there. Shall keep you posted on move and go from there.

SAm
Old Apr 15th 2007, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Scotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond reputeScotschick has a reputation beyond repute

hi anyone out there!

Hi

Hope you don't mind me jumping on your thread. Just wanted to know what Ormeau is like as that is the main area we are considering living in. We have a 5 year old son and are hoping to move over at the end of June and will be in the same boat as you wanting to meet some people to chat to. Especially me as hubby will be working and I am hoping to go part time once our son is settled in school.

I also love shopping, going out and having a laugh and at the mo do lunches with my mates at least twice a week so you sound like you are just up my street!!!!

Any info you could give me about the area and the school would be great.

Thanks

Jacqui
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:37 am
Enjoying the good life!

SarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud ofSarahJane2007 has much to be proud of

hi anyone out there!

Hi, we are moving out to Gold Coast on 6th June and would love to meet some new friends for activities for the children..mine 13,11,7&5 and shopping, lunches etc. Hope to hear from anyone wishing to meet up.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 11:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by samlee31
Hi,

I will be about 5 mins from Bribie Island! I will be studying Childcare so that I can hopefully apply for permenant residence afterwards (thats the plan anyway!) I really aqm unsure of definate plans, as i am just going to come over and then sort student visa and such when im over there! SOuthbank is a lovely place for kids, would be great to meet up there. Shall keep you posted on move and go from there.

SAm
hi sam

are u coming out on a student visa with your family or as perm residences? i can fill u with some hope on the student visa, thats the visa i am on, i started my course in jan of this year and love it after two years i can apply for pr (perm residence). the only thing i would say is organize it all before u leave the uk, i found it made it easier and u can save more monies to come here with. i bet one of your worry's is u and your husband only being able to work 20 hrs a week well thats what we worried about because it's not that cheap living here when u are living dollar for dollar which u will be. what does your other half do ? i ask this because there is a loop hole if your husbands has a professional jobs like (city banking,insurance,manager of people) here can apply for a 457 visa long term working visa here would have to us one of the agencies that deal with this to help him, as long as a employer is willing to sponsor him and give him work he can change his visa plus after two year u can apply for pr as well so will give u two routes student and 457 work visa, plus this visa allow him to work full time because belive me child care is not cheap. i have three kids as u know 8,4and 22 mth old and go to child care facilities three times a week it costs me :
8 yrs 32.00 dollars a week for just after school care from 3:00 to 6:00 pm four afternoons a week with a local child minder at 3.99 a hour and for three full days 120.00 dollars a week in school holidays.
4 and 22 mth old go to the local abc centre it's 45.00 dollars a day for 4 year old and 44.00 dollars a day for my 22 mth old thats from 6.30 am to 6.30 pm three weeks of care for them cost near 800.00 dollars, this is what i pay every three weeks.
because on student visa u get no goverment help.sounds cheap when u think sterling but remember u will be living in dollar it add up and it hurts!!!

i am glad u like the sounds of southbank look forward to making the arrangements to meet your family..

good luck if u just want a chat u know where i am.
i hope what i have written is not to forward or off putting.
chat soon ozziegirl

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.