Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

multi stop or flying west?

multi stop or flying west?

Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Question multi stop or flying west?

good morning all,

i wonder if any of you lovely experienced people can help me.
As the golden ticket day may be drawing closer I am trying to gather information on everything from, if there are football clubs for my youngest to attend, schools in areas that we may be able to afford to buy in the future, shipping companies(numbers and measurements of a teachest and bookbox etc) but am having trouble about finding which companies fly west stopping off via LA maybe Las Vegas then on to sydney(to see the opera house? etc) then adelaide.
The internet sites through the uk want you to return to cold and rainy england and dont give you an option to do a one way and when gone on,say, Air NewZealand can do one way but starting from anywhere but the uk. just want to get an idea of what trips to do for a holiday on the way to our ever hopeful newlife down under (if that day ever arrives:curseand how much it will be.
I have tried various words in this search but to no avail.

thank you in advance for any replies

kathx

is anyone else thinking of going the other way round?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: multi stop or flying west?

Just about all of the sites offer a one way option.....if you are looking to stop in the US then you should be selecting Multi-city or multi-stop to pick the dates you want to leave each city.

If you go to.....

http://www.airnz.co.uk

..then the flight box on the left of the screen offers you one-way or Multistop...you need to be selecting one of those.

If you're not getting anywhere then book the UK-US and US-Aus flights as separate bookings and this may open up more options for you....not all combinations are combinable into a single ticket.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:41 am
sub
Forum Regular

sub will become famous soon enoughsub will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kjc79
good morning all,

As the golden ticket day may be drawing closer I am trying to gather information on everything from, if there are football clubs for my youngest to attend, schools in areas that we may be able to afford to buy in the future, shipping companies(numbers and measurements of a teachest and bookbox etc) but am having trouble about finding which companies fly west stopping off via LA maybe Las Vegas then on to sydney(to see the opera house? etc) then adelaide.
The internet sites through the uk want you to return to cold and rainy england and dont give you an option to do a one way and when gone on,say, Air NewZealand can do one way but starting from anywhere but the uk. just want to get an idea of what trips to do for a holiday on the way to our ever hopeful newlife down under (if that day ever arrives:curseand how much it will be.

kathx

Hi
We did heathrow-Los Angeles-Sydney-Brisbane a couple of years ago with Air New Zealand but rang a flight company up cos found it to hard doing it online!!!
I think we used Airline Network, they also booked some accommodation for us in LA and Sydney which was nice and not dear.
Good Luck
Susan
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:53 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sub
Hi
We did heathrow-Los Angeles-Sydney-Brisbane a couple of years ago with Air New Zealand but rang a flight company up cos found it to hard doing it online!!!
I think we used Airline Network, they also booked some accommodation for us in LA and Sydney which was nice and not dear.
Good Luck
Susan
Try ebookers.com as it gives you the one way multi stop option and provides several airline options with prices in the results. I did that today for our London-Singapore-Sydney trip in March with a 2 day stopover in Singapore, not suprisingly Singapore Airlines were the cheapest and having flown with them before they will be my choice.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

kjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant futurekjc79 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: multi stop or flying west?

Originally Posted by bcworld
Just about all of the sites offer a one way option.....if you are looking to stop in the US then you should be selecting Multi-city or multi-stop to pick the dates you want to leave each city.

If you go to.....

http://www.airnz.co.uk

..then the flight box on the left of the screen offers you one-way or Multistop...you need to be selecting one of those.
thanks for that will check that out
If you're not getting anywhere then book the UK-US and US-Aus flights as separate bookings and this may open up more options for you....not all combinations are combinable into a single ticket.
thats what il probably end up doing but just wanting to get a rough idea online as if its going to be LOTS more ££'s then may need to rethink.

Originally Posted by sub
Hi
Good Luck
Susan
I've used Airline Network before(not for Oz) and seem competetive prices.will keep searching ta. x
Originally Posted by paddyo
Try ebookers.com as it gives you the one way multi stop option and provides several airline options with prices in the results. I did that today for our London-Singapore-Sydney trip in March with a 2 day stopover in Singapore, not suprisingly Singapore Airlines were the cheapest and having flown with them before they will be my choice.
will take a look but when ive tried them before for other flights they have always been more expensive. I want to be one of these people that find the fantastic deals like 2-4-1 - 20% on top but there are always others that can get it cheaper

thankyou all. I will keep trudging through the internet sites to find that family bargain
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:35 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

We flew one way from Heathrow - San Fran - Las Vegas - LA - Brisbane about 3 years ago with BA/AA/QANTAS. We dealt directly with a company in Nottingham (cant remember who it was) who organised it all with no real problems. The cost was slightly more than the equivalent flight going east but certainly not astronomical.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:32 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

thats what il probably end up doing but just wanting to get a rough idea online as if its going to be LOTS more ££'s then may need to rethink.

I've used Airline Network before(not for Oz) and seem competetive prices.will keep searching ta. x

will take a look but when ive tried them before for other flights they have always been more expensive. I want to be one of these people that find the fantastic deals like 2-4-1 - 20% on top but there are always others that can get it cheaper

thankyou all. I will keep trudging through the internet sites to find that family bargain
Ebookers was the cheapest today...but like you I am always looking for good deals
Old Jan 17th 2008, 6:34 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

good morning all,

kathx

Try this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463889

entitled "How to fly to Australia via the USA and automatically get 46kg luggage allowance each"

If you want any more info on flying via the USA ask away - I have done it about 8 times now.

Buzzy
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: multi stop or flying west?

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Try this thread - http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463889

entitled "How to fly to Australia via the USA and automatically get 46kg luggage allowance each"

If you want any more info on flying via the USA ask away - I have done it about 8 times now.

Buzzy
thanks for that buzzy--bee. I remember over the past months seeing varying posts about going the other way but trying to find them??

have now saved that thread to refer to later and if we have any questions though I may just take you up on that offer seen as how u are a west flying expert now with all those trips

thanks again.

kath x