Reload this Page >

Multi Cultural Britain

Wikiposts

Multi Cultural Britain

Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

Meridian is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Multi Cultural Britain

Seeing that ethnic minorities now make up over 9% of the population. Is it a good or bad thing?
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:17 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Multi Cultural Britain

Originally posted by Meridian
Seeing that ethnic minorities now make up over 9% of the population. Is it a good or bad thing?
Good as long as efforts are made to integrate. Most of these countries problems come from locals, NOT from immigrants.
Old Aug 6th 2003, 10:54 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

I am not in the least bit bothered about legal immigrants. Those who have undergone the screening that the immigration process dictates. Its those that are coming in claiming refugee status and awaiting descision, or the illegals who concern me.

Read an interesting stat in the E Standard last night.

Did you know that one in seven of the population of our prisons are foreigners ?

And before anyone jumps on my back......yes i know the problem IS found in other countries.....including oz....
Old Aug 6th 2003, 11:06 pm
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

it's a good thing I'd say. Today's immigrant is tomorrow's 'born and bred' Brit, Aussie, NZer whatever...

Don't forget the NZ and Aus we know today were founded by immigration. It would have been interesting for the Maori or Aboriginal people to look at the 'stats' in the 1800's and say 'gee look, 80% of our country are immigrants - is that good or bad?'.

9% looks insignificant in comparison

(interestingly, rereading the original post, the stat is for 'ethnic minorities', which is a completely different thing from an immigrant...
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:35 am
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

What is an Ethnic Minority?
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:15 am
(Jon) returning to NZ 04

jandjuk is an unknown quantity at this point

dunno, brits in NZ/AUS? No because they're white....

NZers in Britain.... no because they're white.....

'Asians' anywhere..... mmmmm
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Meridian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
What is an Ethnic Minority?
To be unPC, people who aren't white.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:42 am
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

For every 100,000 coming in there's 100,000 Taxpayers leaving, we will we be calling them ethnic majorities in just a few years.

Slater
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:39 am
The Tooth Fairy

To be unPC, people who aren't white.
Britons are Australia's largest ethnic minority.

Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slater
For every 100,000 coming in there's 100,000 Taxpayers leaving, we will we be calling them ethnic majorities in just a few years.

Slater

It always gives me a smile to read stuff like yours. You are of the opinion that you are more likely to be outnumbered by non-whites in a few years time in the UK than in Oz/NZ? You are either sadly deluded and know less about Oz/NZ than any emigrant should, or you are a comedian.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:09 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Neither good nor bad it just is. As long as they are working, paying taxes, not breaking the law, what does it matter?

Now, I am not suggesting that you do but anyone who has a problem with ethnic minorities is in for a shock when they get to Oz.
ACE
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PeteY
I am not in the least bit bothered about legal immigrants. Those who have undergone the screening that the immigration process dictates. Its those that are coming in claiming refugee status and awaiting descision, or the illegals who concern me.

Read an interesting stat in the E Standard last night.

Did you know that one in seven of the population of our prisons are foreigners ?

And before anyone jumps on my back......yes i know the problem IS found in other countries.....including oz....

Why does a refugee waiting for a decision bother you? You are against someone waiting for decisions? You do not like the way they queue?

Why do you care anyway? You are leaving the UK to come to paradise are you not so it is none of your business now.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:44 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Only 9% try Australia.

Today out of a total population of just over 17 million peoples, well over 20% of Australians were born in another country. Of these, more than half came to Australia from non-English speaking countries in Europe, Asia, Middle East and South America. People from non English speaking background, both those born overseas as well as their Australian born children, constitutes 25% of the population.

http://www.immi.gov.au/multicultural/
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:47 pm
Not here

Florida_03 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pommie bastard
more than half came to Australia from non-English speaking countries
Met a lot of Aussies who meet this criterion.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 1:49 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

if you check the figures within that 9% also included are Scots ,Welsh and Ulster. Ulster are the lowest "ethnic" and then welsh people 1. point something percent Ulster, and I think it's it 2.1 per cent for Welsh, or 1.9 something like that ... next comes "foreigners such as Arabs, Pakistanis, Indians etc who outnumber the Welsh and Ulster. people.. then it is Scottish. - These are included in the "ethnic minorities" figures and are in that "ethnic breakdown". All these ("foreigners"- ie non brit born, Scots, Welsh and Ulstermen" are less than 10% the other 90% are English born people. I did have a link to these figures my other computer .. I haven't got the link on me at the moment.

Anyway, don't worry, You're far from a dying breed, English people are still the biggest majority by far.. around 90%. You've a long, long way to go before you are an endangered species

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.