British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mullaloo / Ocean Reef - Perth - comments pls (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mullaloo-ocean-reef-perth-comments-pls-323067/)

warbs4 Aug 30th 2005 7:14 am

Mullaloo / Ocean Reef - Perth - comments pls

Hey oh,

we're now nailing down areas in Perth and would appreciate any comments on Mullaloo and Ocean Reef. I've looked through the archives and would also like to hear any up to date feedback.

We're a family of four - two girls (18 months and 4 years), ideally looking to be as close to the coast as affordable.

Many thanks
Lee

Wave the Sails Aug 30th 2005 7:35 am

Re: Mullaloo / Ocean Reef - Perth - comments pls

Originally Posted by warbs4
Hey oh,

we're now nailing down areas in Perth and would appreciate any comments on Mullaloo and Ocean Reef. I've looked through the archives and would also like to hear any up to date feedback.

We're a family of four - two girls (18 months and 4 years), ideally looking to be as close to the coast as affordable.

Many thanks
Lee

Depends what you can afford! Will be happy to help but your best bet is www.realestate.com.au - I can also recommend which Ocean Reef/Mullaloo Agents to avoid (or use). We've been doing this for the past 6 months! We have now bought and are just a few houses back from the Ocean in Iluka (newer suburb beside Ocean Reef).
I wouldn't recommend Ocean front as you get blown away during the winter and the hoons play squealy tyres all summer. Delightful.
We have a (nearly) 2 year and a 3 month old - finding the coastal walks fabulous and the local Childcare Centre outstanding.
HTH

Mrs J

warbs4 Aug 30th 2005 7:51 am

Many thanks Mrs J,

We've spent the weekend browsing the real estate sites, certainly gives us a good idea of what we can, and cannot, afford.

It's good to hear that you've found good child care. That's obviously a key factor, along with schools. The missus will be pleased.

The coastal paths are certainly a big attraction, and we'd love to be able to get within walking distance, which would encourage us to get off our arses and make use of them.

We're hoping to be in Perth before Xmas and will obviously rent initially so we'll get a better flavour after spending a good amount of time there.

All this upfront advice helps no end :) .

Cheers
Lee

simonlacey Aug 30th 2005 4:33 pm

hi really nice to hear from people who aremoving to the same areas we are considering, there is a website link on one of the posts on here that show you all of the suburbs, love to be kept informed on how you are going, i am married with 4 children all girls aged 5,6,10,12, and the areas around perth look ideal for a growing family who like good family values and are not just interested in the drinking and party and following all the fashions like here in blighty, sorry for rabbitting on good luck cheers simon