Muck-Up Day?

Old Oct 23rd 2008, 2:30 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Muck-Up Day?

Is it any wonder society is turning to shit?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muck-up_day

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news...351412920.html

FFS! What is happening to the world?
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:06 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muck-Up Day?

Originally Posted by tictac

Completely agree.

I have often wondered why on earth Australian society still accepts as legitimate this destruction every year from teenage kids (and anyone else who wants to use it as an excuse to vandalise stuff!)...

It makes you pissed to know that all the fundraising, "voluntary" contributions etc that you participate in to provide the schools with valuable resources is partly spent cleaning up after these vandals.

Charge them with criminal damage and do not glorify it as a "harmless bit of fun that got out of hand" that Sunrise and others regularly label it as.

rant over
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 3:19 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevemich
Completely agree.

I have often wondered why on earth Australian society still accepts as legitimate this destruction every year from teenage kids (and anyone else who wants to use it as an excuse to vandalise stuff!)...

It makes you pissed to know that all the fundraising, "voluntary" contributions etc that you participate in to provide the schools with valuable resources is partly spent cleaning up after these vandals.

Charge them with criminal damage and do not glorify it as a "harmless bit of fun that got out of hand" that Sunrise and others regularly label it as.

rant over
Today's mucker-uppers = tomorrow's hoons
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Today's mucker-uppers = tomorrow's hoons
Except a lot of them seem to be from top end private schools, which hoons usually aren't (too busy snorting coke and toting Country Road bags! ).
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:20 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

There's a lot of feeble-minded thinking which equates "pranks" and grafitti-ing, violence occasioning actual bodily harm and vandalism.

Where will it end? Well, I think we are seeing the end *now* - the end result of the lax "do your own thing" attitudes of the last thirty years.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
Where will it end? Well, I think we are seeing the end *now* - the end result of the lax "do your own thing" attitudes of the last thirty years.
Which to be fair was in response to the 'seen and not heard' brigade.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 12:54 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Its the plants!

Its "Happening"
Old Oct 24th 2008, 7:43 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Which to be fair was in response to the 'seen and not heard' brigade.
I know which I prefer.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Wol
I know which I prefer.
somewhere in the middle for me
Old Oct 25th 2008, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

If I recall correctly, there was a line which we were taught not to cross by our self-respecting elders and our own common sense of decency.

All 3 of the above have now largely been confined to the history books, though I suspect the silent majority of society have just about had a gutful of anti-social behaviour in it's many guises.