Wikiposts

Muck and Money

Old May 22nd 2003, 5:34 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Muck and Money

Originally posted by Megalania
BHP Billington is owned 63.31% by Australians and 28.53% by UK residents.

Brits really are up themselves a bit too much I think.

But that's using today's share prices and exchange rate with shareholdings of 29 August. Hmmm... try again.
Old May 22nd 2003, 5:36 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jayr
But that's using today's share prices and exchange rate with shareholdings of 29 August. Hmmm... try again.

You are using a chart with no breakdown of what the A-F is ?

Old May 22nd 2003, 5:36 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by jayr
Agreed but that is as close as we can get as far as I know. You care to try again?
Old May 22nd 2003, 5:42 pm
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed but that is as close as we can get as far as I know. You care to try again?
Where do Australians come into this when a Muti-National walks in?

Head of the Australian Tax Office's (ATO's) international tax division, Mr Jim Killaly, told the Herald (Paul Cleary, Economics Correspondent, Sydney Morning Herald, October 28, 1996) that in 1993-94, 60 per cent of foreign-owned and Australian multinationals claimed to be in loss and paid no tax, while the "great bulk" of the remaining 40 per cent claimed to be marginally profitable and paid only a small amount of tax. Multinationals, numbering just 7000, claimed $30.5 billion in interest expenses, or 60 per cent of total interest expenses claimed by all Australian-based companies. Mr Killaly also revealed that this taxpayer group generated transactions with related companies, including financial transactions, of $60.4 billion in 1993-94. The group is defined as companies that have "related-party international transactions," which meant they traded with or shifted funds to related companies overseas.

http://www.multiline.com.au/~johnm/taxcons6.htm

Old May 22nd 2003, 5:49 pm
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

An Australian view on Australian business:

http://www.crikey.com.au/business/20...oreigncos.html
Old May 22nd 2003, 5:52 pm
Banned

Try and eat this ?

Included in the Wallis report was a table which showed that foreign investors owned $450 billion worth of OUR assets yet Australian companies only owned about $150 billion worth of assets overseas.

Australia's three fold deficit when it comes to foreign investment is close to the most lopsided record of any large, modern, western economy. Now Crikey is not about to advocate foreign investment restrictions but it is very sad that our companies have made relatively little headway overseas while the foreigners have swooped time and again on our prime assets.

We can barely come up with 40 Australian owned companies that generate more than $200 million a year offshore yet there is more than 100 foreign companies doing exactly that in Australia.

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 22nd 2003 at 5:55 pm.
Old May 22nd 2003, 6:16 pm
Karma Comedian

From the ABS

"Of the total equity on issue by Australian enterprise groups at 30 June 2001, non-residents held equity valued at $354b (29%), while residents held $870b (71%)."

So, if you think of this relative to the land mass of Australia, its the eqivalent of all of WA being owned by foreign investors.
Old May 22nd 2003, 6:57 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

I thought Brits were fond of education. Looks like you have learnt nought from my teachings. I realise it is painful for such pre-programmed creatures to re-arrange their neurons.

All I get is composted selective cut and paste unsubstantiated and pig-ignorant assertions.
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:07 pm
Banned

I thought Brits were fond of education. Looks like you have learnt nought from my teachings. I realise it is painful for such pre-programmed creatures to re-arrange their neurons.

All I get is composted selective cut and paste unsubstantiated and pig-ignorant assertions.

You have shown me a man who changes his name has none to call his own?
As for you teachings they are worthless , I will fill up at a BP petrol station on the way home , go down the Pub drink Brit beer .
Watch ABC mainly Brit TV programs , do shopping tomorrow fill the trolly with Brit Brands , could buy a Brit car and insure it with Norwich Union ? bank with Bankwest (Royal Bank of Scotland).
Get my phone with Vodafone connection , fly off on an Airbus with Rolls Royce engines , the list is endless.
Your words are empty as is this worthless country?

Old May 22nd 2003, 7:08 pm
Banned

Originally posted by pommie bastard
As for you teachings they are worthless , I will fill up at a BP petrol station on the way home , go down the Pub drink Brit beer .
Watch ABC mainly Brit TV programs , do shopping tomorrow fill the trolly with Brit Brands , could buy a Brit car and insure it with Norwich Union ?
Get my phone with Vodafone connection , fly of on an Airbus with Rolls Royce engines , the list is endless.
Your words are empty as is this worthless country?

Wasn't much point in invading it was there?
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Watch ABC mainly Brit TV programs , do shopping tomorrow fill the trolly with Brit Brands , could buy a Brit car and insure it with Norwich Union ? bank with Bankwest (Royal Bank of Scotland).
Get my phone with Vodafone connection , fly off on an Airbus with Rolls Royce engines , the list is endless.

An Aussie expat in the UK could do exactly the same - using Aussie brands/companies in the UK
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:14 pm
Banned

Wasn't much point in invading it was there?
Why make a point I like you style regardless of your lack of standing?

Old May 22nd 2003, 7:16 pm
Banned

Originally posted by bryank
An Aussie expat in the UK could do exactly the same - using Aussie brands/companies in the UK

Yeah name them get passed a few wines and a couple of beers and whats left , dream on.
As for TV programs the Brit stations sell 100 times as many programs here than is sold to the UK , half the TV shows here are Brit ideas .

Last edited by pommie bastard; May 22nd 2003 at 7:20 pm.
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

bryank is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah name them get passed a few wines and a couple of beers and whats left , dream on.

you're the dreamer PB. wasting your life debating pointless arguments on this forum. GET A LIFE

I'm surprised Megalania hasn't brought up sporting performances.....as he'd have you stumped there for sure
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:19 pm
Banned

Originally posted by bryank
Sorry bryank, have to disagree. They are more likely to go for bangs for bucks and forget the branding fluff.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.