Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MSN Spaces Weblog

MSN Spaces Weblog

Old Feb 10th 2005, 9:36 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default MSN Spaces Weblog

For anyone thinking about setting up a website / weblog for the folks back home once you get out there I can really recommend MSN Spaces. I stumbled across it yesterday and it is really easy to use (it even uses the same password as my hotmail and MSN Messenger accounts). Uploading photos is an absolute doddle. It is free though limited in size to 10Mb but it compresses photos for you and will take about 150-200 from my digital camera. I have thrown one together in the last 24 hours. I have a few more photos to upload but you can have a look at it as work-in-progress as an example here:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/3downunder
Old Feb 11th 2005, 11:34 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: MSN Spaces Weblog

Originally Posted by worzel
For anyone thinking about setting up a website / weblog for the folks back home once you get out there I can really recommend MSN Spaces. I stumbled across it yesterday and it is really easy to use (it even uses the same password as my hotmail and MSN Messenger accounts). Uploading photos is an absolute doddle. It is free though limited in size to 10Mb but it compresses photos for you and will take about 150-200 from my digital camera. I have thrown one together in the last 24 hours. I have a few more photos to upload but you can have a look at it as work-in-progress as an example here:

http://spaces.msn.com/members/3downunder
Good one, Iain! *thumbs up*

Where are you heading for?

Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:34 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MSN Spaces Weblog

Originally Posted by ProofReader
Good one, Iain! *thumbs up*

Where are you heading for?

Who knows! If I find a job before we go that will determine where we go. If not Perth is the current favourite but we keep changing our mind.
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:39 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Worzel!!

How come your skills assessment was so easy?
Old Feb 13th 2005, 10:45 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Iain,

That looks really interesting. How do I get started?
Old Feb 14th 2005, 1:08 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by bridiej
Thanks Worzel!!

How come your skills assessment was so easy?
It depends on which assessment agency you use. Being an accountant I have a very tightly defined qualification so there is no hassle proving epxerience. ICAA are normally very quick. Others have got their's within 2 weeks so mine was actually long. I blame it on Xmas coming in the middle of it.
Old Feb 14th 2005, 1:14 am
A former regular of BE

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Iain,

That looks really interesting. How do I get started?
Just go to http://spaces.msn.com, register and follow the instructions. You will probably want to use the Customize tab to change Themes / Layout / Modules (I have kept mine simple) but otherwise you just click on add entry and away you go with the wordy bits. The photos bit is easy to. When you create a new album click add photos and it presents you with an Explorer-type window. Double click all photos you want and then Upload.
Old Apr 1st 2005, 2:35 am
A former regular of BE

I have updated my weblog every couple of weeks and also put loads of photos on if anyone wants to have a look.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/3downunder/

Most of the content has been written on here in one form or another and as the main readers at present are family I have kept it fairly bland. But maybe it will inspire a few others to follow my lead.