Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MSN Messenger Problems - bondipom?

MSN Messenger Problems - bondipom?

Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

dolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the rough
Default MSN Messenger Problems - bondipom?

Hi when my computer did not work you said that it was a loose wire. & it was a guy fixed it for 60bucks. ( I did not know where to look!!!)

Can any one help nw as I cannot get into messenger- for webcam- is anyone else having problems?
Can you help. Thanks Dolly x
Old Feb 15th 2005, 1:59 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MSN Messenger Problems - bondipom?

Originally Posted by dolly1
Hi when my computer did not work you said that it was a loose wire. & it was a guy fixed it for 60bucks. ( I did not know where to look!!!)

Can any one help nw as I cannot get into messenger- for webcam- is anyone else having problems?
hi dolly sorry cant fix your prob, but ive just finished using msn webcam to the uk
Old Feb 15th 2005, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

richie.y is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.
On the msn uk website there is a message to carry out a manadatory security
update if you are using Messenger 6.1 or 6.2 on your pc. Check which one you are using (it shows you how on the website). Hope this helps as this may be your problem.
Richie.y.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 3:27 pm
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by richie.y
Hi.
On the msn uk website there is a message to carry out a manadatory security
update if you are using Messenger 6.1 or 6.2 on your pc. Check which one you are using (it shows you how on the website). Hope this helps as this may be your problem.
Richie.y.
Mine just told me I needed to upgrade and when I did it it came up with version 7.0, now I cant get audio, why cant they just leave it as it was, at least it worked.

Kala
Old Feb 15th 2005, 6:23 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you using MSN messenger or Windows messenger? I do not use the apps myself but I remember on MSN messenger that one has to press the button with the web cam on as well as the one with the microphone.

Windows messenger is different but I am not using a webcam at the moment. Do the other functions work?
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:36 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

What happens on the PC when you run messenger? Do you get anything on screen or does it appear as though nothing has happened?

If messenger starts, does it show any 'activity'? i.e. online contacts, messges in your inbox etc. (you may have to start your internet connection and sign in to messnger before this happens).

If this is all ok, then I assume it is just the web cam + mphone not working. this could be a number of things, but see how you go with the first Qs. You could send me your messenger account name on a PM, and I could see from my end if you get on-line.

Good luck, Chris.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 9:01 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayDeee
Mine just told me I needed to upgrade and when I did it it came up with version 7.0, now I cant get audio, why cant they just leave it as it was, at least it worked.

Kala

7.0 is the beta version and does have some bugs in it. We had it and it was booting us offline regularly, rolled back to version 6.2 and not getting booted off now.
Old Feb 19th 2005, 4:20 am
Forum Regular

dolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the roughdolly1 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Siren
7.0 is the beta version and does have some bugs in it. We had it and it was booting us offline regularly, rolled back to version 6.2 and not getting booted off now.
Hi this all started - when I went on to broadband.
I installed norton internet & big pond broadband. ( the helpline knows me before I say Hello!)

In Internet explorer I cannot get into any websites that require a pasword- hotmail, msn, internet banking ect.
I have then downloaded Opera which I can get into apart from MSN messenger.
Has the norton blocked access to certain sites & if so where will I find this out?
I acn browse using IE but not see password sites- page canot be displayed.
Hope that someone can help.
also lost sound on sykpe LOL.
DollyX
Old Feb 19th 2005, 8:11 am
Living the Dream

RockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant futureRockHopper has a brilliant future

Hi

It sounds like you could be experiencing a problem in your MTU fragmentation, fragmentation is the result of IP packets, larger than the 1500 byte maximum attempting to the pass across the network, I had the same problem when going to broadband resulting in not being able to log on to certain sites. Following the link and install the tool provided by BT, it could resolve your problem. Also make sure your PC is patched up to date with all Microsoft security updates and check your virus definitions are current. Please let me know if this resolves your problems?
Unfortunately I cannot put the attachment on this site as it is over the permitted size but the Web site required is: http://www.bt.com/broadband/
Look for update and find MTU ADJUSTMENT TOOL (you will have to scroll down the list)

Steve

Hi this all started - when I went on
o broadband.
I installed norton internet & big pond broadband. ( the helpline knows me before I say Hello!)

In Internet explorer I cannot get into any websites that require a pasword- hotmail, msn, internet banking ect.
I have then downloaded Opera which I can get into apart from MSN messenger.
Has the norton blocked access to certain sites & if so where will I find this out?
I acn browse using IE but not see password sites- page canot be displayed.
Hope that someone can help.
also lost sound on sykpe LOL.
DollyX