MrsOwieB's Weblog

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:34 am
owieb

Originally posted by NedKelly63
Fraid so....
Sorry to have wasted your time!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:41 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Im loving it so keep it coming, if anyone doesnt like it well the simple answer is not to read any more.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:28 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Boomerang
Im loving it so keep it coming, if anyone doesnt like it well the simple answer is not to read any more.
I was looking forward to seeing what everyone else had to say after enjoying reading through the whole lot (I'm meant to be doing something else!)

I have to say that I was pretty disappointed when I saw what Ned Kelly had to say. The least offensive thing I could say is "impolite."

Thanks for posting Owieb
Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:32 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

hiya

Keep it coming OwieB!! I'm enjoying reading the missus' account of life here.....I think very much like her and can relate to loads of what's she said....particularly enjoying the bit about not watching where she's driving cos she's too busy looking at everything else (that sounds sooooo familiar!!!hmmmm!!) I also have "random" shopping days...had one today in fact
As for people that aren't interested, simple mate, stop reading!!

love sophia xx
Old Jul 29th 2004, 5:21 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

i'm enjoying it! like a good book. next chapter please.....
Old Jul 29th 2004, 6:21 am
T&P
Forum Regular

T&P is on a distinguished road

Keep posting I say - it's your thread!

T x
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Paylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nicePaylia is just really nice

Please dont stop Mrs OwieB

Great reading,humorous and recognisable - both in emotion and geography

Keep it coming,

Peter
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:37 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Boomerang
exactly!! I really enjoyed reading it all and wish I was there RIGHT NOW! Thanks for posting it!

Lucy
xx
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:25 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

took me awhile to get through it only coz
a)i am slow
b)people kept interrupting me at work(talk about inconsiderate)

good stuff keep it up
Old Jul 29th 2004, 10:11 am
Good news everyone...

davidclifford is an unknown quantity at this point

thougt this was excellent, very funny & well-written. Mrs OwieB should publish this! More please!
Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:34 pm
owieb

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, MrsOwieB will be chuffed to bits!

I shall continue loading more up over the next couple of days.

To fill in the gaps here are the pics that were mentioned in these entries.

First up is the house we rented.
Attached Thumbnails MrsOwieB's Weblog-ourhouse1.jpg  

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:35 pm
owieb

Our airfreight!
Attached Thumbnails MrsOwieB's Weblog-airfreight.jpg  

Old Jul 29th 2004, 2:36 pm
owieb

My surfing wound!
Attached Thumbnails MrsOwieB's Weblog-surfingwound.jpg  

Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:03 pm
owieb

Thursday, 18 September 2002 - confusion reigned and we all got wet.

There seems to be an unjustified fascination with my name (the ****** bit, not the other). Everyone comments on what an unusual name it is (????) and how they have only ever seen it before in Shakespeare. I think they mean Jane Austen. However the issue was somewhat confused when a story appeared in the local rag about a woman from England who had bought a plot of land in Perth in a place named Brighton (no relation). She was pictured sitting astride a carpet bag waving the union jack (her first mistake, we are very patriotic on the Other Side of the World) on her plot of land. And guess what her name was?? Exactly. Now they think that every single woman in England is called ******, or that I have bought a plot of land in Brighton. They are not sure which. Either way the intense discussion around the subject is contributing to the avoidance of work in our office. Give me students to teach any day!

Old Jul 29th 2004, 3:04 pm
owieb

Sunday, 21 September 2002 - Heavenly peking duck and other great let downs

Up with the lark today – we’ve been here a month (can you believe it!) and to celebrate we are going to see Boney M in concert. And I’ve been practising all week.

First however, there are other more mundane things to get out of the way, like our morning cycle along the coast and lunch at our favourite café on the beach front.

As we were celebrating we treated ourselves to dinner at ‘Perth’s Premier Chinese Restaurant’, the Genting Palace. Our favourite Chinese dish is crispy duck so when we saw Heavenly Peking duck on the menu we really did think we were in heaven (is that too cheesy, sorry!) Not only did we get crispy pancakes, but as it was a whole duck there was enough left over to have a whole different second duck course of your choosing as well. We ordered with gusto!

Eventually (after lots of people watching and scoffing of prawn crackers) a waitress wheeled out the most enormous duck we had ever seen – crisp and golden and begging to be eaten. The waitress began by delicately scoring the skin into ten equal portions. With skill and precision she deftly skinned the bird until it lay naked and gleaming in front of us. She then laid out ten pancakes and smothered over the soy sauce and laid a crisp, green spring onion in each. On to each pile was laid a moist and succulent piece of……….skin.

We looked at the waitress expectantly for her to start slicing up the duck for our pancakes. She quickly returned the smile and departed with our duck in the direction of the kitchens.

It soon became apparent that she was not in any hurry to return which left us with the following dilemma – do we eat the pancakes filled with skin and risk an embarrassing social gaffe (this is perth’s premier Chinese restaurant remember!) or do we potentially risk embarrassing ourselves even more by not eating the pancakes, and waiting for her to come back with the rest of the duck? What if they are waiting for us to eat the pancakes and don’t come back and we miss boney M? What if we eat the pancakes and then the waitress reappears ready to add the duck? Horrified we try and see if anyone else is eating the same meal – but they are all eating the set menu out of little china dishes! What to do???. Eventually OwieB succumbs and decides that if there is food there he is going to eat it, skin or no skin. We were starving so between us devoured the pancakes. This seemed to be the right thing to do as our smiling waitress once again reappeared and cleared our plates. We presume she wasn’t muttering anything about crazy skin eating Poms in Chinese under her breath! Phew! Our (crispy) skins had been saved and disaster averted once again.

Boney m was too disappointing for words (I shall file proper dispatches on that once the raw emotions have subsided) but we finally saw our first roos (tomorrow)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.