Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mrs Scossie jons the fray...!!!

Wikiposts

Mrs Scossie jons the fray...!!!

Old May 4th 2005, 12:47 am
Just Joined

Mrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Mrs Scossie jons the fray...!!!

Originally Posted by soapy
ha ha ha its funny when shes more liked than u mate lol
good to hear from u mate !
u keep tellin me u cant send karma....what a lot of pish. your just too blooody greedy to send it. ill just have to get it from Gillian....well.....shes nicer than u (she has plenty of karma to prove it)
Cheers Soapy. Don't worry I will be sending you some karma because you very funny. I hope it is ok to do that, after all I am pretty new to this malarkey!

John tells me your from EK. Where abouts? I come from the Murray. Does this scare you? Apparently it is rough, I didn't think so. It was great growing up there although I think Perth is a better place to bring up kids now.

So what school did you go to in EK? I went to Claremont. John went to Hunter and that is the school Claremont fought with and won!! So I heard, I am a shy and quiet girl by the way.

This is so cool. I think I will be on this now more than John. He will be getting annoyed with me when the dinner is getting cold.

We will chat again soon, I am sure!
Old May 4th 2005, 1:44 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome

Can't send you karma, because I was spreading it before, and now I've run out for the day!

I'll try tomorrow and I bet I can make it 5 boxes!
Old May 4th 2005, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough

Get him to cook the dinner lol, you have ladies nights to plan
Old May 4th 2005, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Mrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant futureMrs Scossie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Simone
Welcome

Can't send you karma, because I was spreading it before, and now I've run out for the day!

I'll try tomorrow and I bet I can make it 5 boxes!
Thanks Simone

I am sure I am going to have lots of fun posting.

Speak to you soon, need to go off to bed now.

Gillian
Old May 4th 2005, 9:45 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome Mrs Scossie.......r u as daft as him lol
Old May 4th 2005, 10:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by biggy
Welcome Mrs Scossie.......r u as daft as him lol

Thanks Biggy.

I am dafter!!
Old May 4th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gillian and welcome to the forum
Old May 4th 2005, 3:17 pm
Lanarkshire Lass

sandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the roughsandradee is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mrs Scossie
After years of John posting on the Expats forum I have found myself becoming addicted to it as much as he is!
So I thought I would register as a member in my own right.

Please feel free to send me loads of karma so that I can become, "A splendid one to behold!" just like the original Scossie, my hubby John.

Gillian
Nothing against Mrs Scossie, but the people who do send Karma to people who request it, make a total farce of the whole thing. New members may feel they would like to take advice from people with a lot of karma, thinking that person will know what they are talking about, as they have a considerable amount of karma, and therefore, by definition, must be a respected member of the forums. To give it out to anyone who asks for it makes a mockery of the whole system.
Old May 4th 2005, 4:42 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandradee
Nothing against Mrs Scossie, but the people who do send Karma to people who request it, make a total farce of the whole thing. New members may feel they would like to take advice from people with a lot of karma, thinking that person will know what they are talking about, as they have a considerable amount of karma, and therefore, by definition, must be a respected member of the forums. To give it out to anyone who asks for it makes a mockery of the whole system.
I agree, but it's too late to fix(unless they put everyone on 0 again). From the start there has been karma swapping, karma threads etc.
I've got heaps of karma from people in the lounge for example, not in there anymore much, but it's still there.....
Old May 4th 2005, 6:22 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

I agree too with the sentiments above, it makes the whole idea a nonesense. We must massage those egos though eh!
Old May 4th 2005, 6:24 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Rubbish It's a bit of fun and light relief from the stress of the visa application it's helped me in that way. Is that wrong I don't think so
Old May 4th 2005, 6:28 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers
I agree too with the sentiments above, it makes the whole idea a nonesense. We must massage those egos though eh!
Easy for you to criticise what gives me light relief from the stress as you're already living your dream. Massage my ego I'm at my wits end excuse me
Old May 4th 2005, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond reputeRachel1978 has a reputation beyond repute

For me personally, I think that the giving and exchanging of Karma is a fun way of getting through the visa process. I am very stressed at the moment waiting for my visa to be issued and its a fun way of taking my mind off of things as I am sure other people will agree. You should really lighten up about the whole thing.

Mrs Scossie I have sent you some Karma
Old May 4th 2005, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I agree with you, I have to say, this Karma thing was never going to work.

I mean look at me, I haven't a clue how many boxes I have, but I know I get most of my Karma from the stupid posts I do (as opposed to the informative ones). Usually the posts I do late at night, or drunk, or late at night and drunk get the Karma.

Whereas Mrs JTL gives very detailed helpful, informative, and most importantly, correct information, and she get B****r all Karma. If we'd got seperate logins, I'd have about 5 times more Karma than her.

So, if the two of us posted differing information, you'd believe me!

The only way it would work, is if Karma could only be given for good correct helpful information. As it is, its just a game, and anyone who uses the Karma thing to judge the trustworthyness of a poster is mistaken.

Cheers,
JTL
Old May 4th 2005, 8:01 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Whilst I agree with you, I have to say, this Karma thing was never going to work.

I mean look at me, I haven't a clue how many boxes I have, but I know I get most of my Karma from the stupid posts I do (as opposed to the informative ones). Usually the posts I do late at night, or drunk, or late at night and drunk get the Karma.

Whereas Mrs JTL gives very detailed helpful, informative, and most importantly, correct information, and she get B****r all Karma. If we'd got seperate logins, I'd have about 5 times more Karma than her.

So, if the two of us posted differing information, you'd believe me!

The only way it would work, is if Karma could only be given for good correct helpful information. As it is, its just a game, and anyone who uses the Karma thing to judge the trustworthyness of a poster is mistaken.

Cheers,
JTL
Very good, that's what I was trying to say/meant to say.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.