Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mrs Merton - Australians know sweet f.a.

Mrs Merton - Australians know sweet f.a.

Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:36 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mrs Merton - Australians know sweet f.a.

She got really critical about anything trivial I'd said or done. She'd scream, ‘What do you know—you're Australian!' It was hurtful and annoying.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz2.shtml

And Mrs Merton has an IQ of 176.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:08 am
Oz bound I hope

EricB is an unknown quantity at this point

I would take that comment with a pinch of salt. People with these mood swings often say really hurtful things as it maintains the mood. I would say there is always some belief in what is said but it would need expanding. In this case I take her as saying "Fortunately as an Australian your life experiences differ so greatly that you have no idea what has brought me to this". That is certainly not derogatory to Australians, - more like envy.

I think it a shame that "Brad" has felt the need to spill the beans to a national paper on a person we all knew to be fragile. As someone who supposedly loved and knew her well surely he can see that potentially all the further damage this sort of thing does may prove to be the straw that breaks the camels back.

As regards the IQ. I would be staggered if it was really that high, she doesn't strike me as stupid mind you . Odd how high IQ is often accompanied by obsessional behaviour, black moods, and that feeling of something missing or being trapped.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 8:17 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by EricB
Odd how high IQ is often accompanied by obsessional behaviour, black moods, and that feeling of something missing or being trapped.
I must be a right Einstein then.