Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:20 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MRS JFW's Australian Adventure!

Day 15

Today was the day that we went to meet Gina and her family on Mount Tamborine. As Gina hasn't lived there too long getting directions was a bit tricky. Off we headed. It wasn't too long before we were lost as we were not sure which exit to take from the motor way.

Jon was getting stressed as he didn't know where he was driving and I wasn't sure how to direct him. Then his mum started chipping in about wouldn't it have been better to get directions before we left! (another large bite of my tongue was needed!). In the end Gina got on the phone and stayed on the phone directing us to the mountain. I was hoping that we were following her directions ok as I was worried jon might have wanted to abandon the trip.

After about half an hour we identified that we were indeed on the right track and soon arrived at Ginas house on the top of mount tamborine! Well what can I say.....an absolutely stunning view right over the Gold Coast. Her house is stunning too - a gorgeous queenslander. I am so jealous! After giving us a tour of her house we sat on her verandah and had a few drinks chatting away while the kids went playing in the huge garden.

We decided to go to the pub for a late lunch. Unfortunately we were too late for lunch and a bit too early for tea. We stopped for a drink there. Jasmine was having loads of fun collecting geckos in a glass. As were quite hungry we decided to drive over the other side of the mountain to Eagle Heights. Again we were still a bit early for tea but decided to stay there. The views from here again were spectacular. It was really lovely to see Gina and her family (thank you mate!). We had a truly wonderful day.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:23 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I was being polite I'd just about suffer my MIL for a trip like that, but over my dead body would I have brought hubby's MIL along for the ride I congratulate you on your perseverance
Thanks moneypen. it was very trying. Its not an experience I will be repeating! My relationship with her is very rocky at the best of times
Old Nov 29th 2006, 7:23 am
Living the Dream!

Will be back with week 3 after I take the kids to school!
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

h1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to allh1tvd is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
The kids don't need an education. Forget about school and keep posting.
Really enjoying your post. Know what you mean about kids getting bored in the car tho'. We're coming for a reccie by ourselves - the MIL will watch the kids. Don't think I want to sack her just yet?? - she might change her mind. :scared:

Tracy x
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Hurry up will ya. I feel like ive been with you as your account is so good
Mandy
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

I'm really enjoying your posts. They are great. It sound like you had a brilliant time.

Looking forward to reading the rest of them.
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
Hurry up will ya. I feel like ive been with you as your account is so good
Mandy
Isn't she back yet I'm waiting for the next installment
Old Nov 29th 2006, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
Isn't she back yet I'm waiting for the next installment

so was i but , i'll just have to catch up later, as ive got studying to do

Jackie , do you realise you have people holding their breath waiting fo your next instalment LOL
Mandy
Old Nov 29th 2006, 9:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
so was i but , i'll just have to catch up later, as ive got studying to do

Jackie , do you realise you have people holding their breath waiting fo your next instalment LOL
Mandy
Yes I'm sat here and really should be doing some housework before you realise it it's time to fetch the kids out of school
Old Nov 29th 2006, 12:37 pm
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

I keep on nipping on while at work waiting for the next installment. (I could get sacked )

Joex
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:03 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

its a bloody long way to that school and back
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Do you think she's lost?
Tracie
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:41 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Do you think she's lost?
Tracie
No, I think she enjoyed herself so much in Oz - she's gone back!

Great post(s) Jackie.
Tracey
Old Nov 29th 2006, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
No, I think she enjoyed herself so much in Oz - she's gone back!

Great post(s) Jackie.
Tracey
Oh good then she can come and join us tonight cause this bottle of vodka is going down a treat It's the first time in nearly 4 weeks that I've managed to stay up past 9.30!! The joy's of vodka!!
Tracie
Old Nov 29th 2006, 2:39 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

QUOTE]

This must be the best rekkie report of all time ! magnificent, superb.

Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.