British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mr Mover - Perth to Sydney ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mr-mover-perth-sydney-297337/)

Tass Apr 18th 2005 1:40 pm

Mr Mover - Perth to Sydney ?

Hi MM ! Are you still out there somewhere ? :)
Need your advice.We left 3 standard size boxes behind in the UK , cost to ship them here , RIDICULOUS !!!! We have had kind offer by friends moving to Perth to put them in their container BUT is it going to cost us a small fortune to move them west coast to East coast ?
Can you give me names of companies that do this kind of thing ?and your advice ?
Anybody done this ?
Thanks in advance,
Tass. :D

Perthforme Apr 18th 2005 6:52 pm

Re: Mr Mover - Perth to Sydney ?

Originally Posted by Tass
Need your advice.We left 3 standard size boxes behind in the UK , cost to ship them here , RIDICULOUS !!!! We have had kind offer by friends moving to Perth to put them in their container BUT is it going to cost us a small fortune to move them west coast to East coast ?
Can you give me names of companies that do this kind of thing ?and your advice ?
Anybody done this ?
Thanks in advance,

Post office ? no really your makin us scots look tight :rolleyes:

Tass Apr 18th 2005 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Post office ? no really your makin us scots look tight :rolleyes:

You think ? Really ? :(
We could only afford to ship 10 boxes out here , which was very hard after 15 years and 2 kids , but the quote from the company for the 3 boxes left behind was the same as the intial 10 !!! They said costs have gone up since November ! :eek:
I am asking this seriously but if you guys reckon it's just being tight fisted then I guess it's not worth the replies.
Thanks anyway.
All the best ,
Tass. :o

mr mover Apr 19th 2005 1:02 am

Originally Posted by Tass
Anybody done this ?
Thanks in advance,

By standard boxes i assume you meen Teachest size removal cartons, ? Which in volume is >.50cm3 , the rate from Perth to Syd is probably about $300 per cubic meter. Most companies have a cubic meter as a minimum, you could try a general freight company they are cheaper ,but dont do door to door, and their handling practices, ar,nt always gentle. The company i contract to is www.grace.com.au ..........they are at Kewdale, give them a ring........ :beer: mm