British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   mr moderator (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mr-moderator-111465/)

shaun/lor Sep 16th 2002 12:34 pm

mr moderator
 
although i can understand your eagerness to moderate some peoples threads.
i myself am waiting on citizenship by decent whithout which i am unable to migrate. so i feel the statment about this site being for imigration and not citizenship is a tad harsh to say the least. i feel the two are linked.
not just for me but for anyone wishing to eventually aftre 2yrs pr wishing to become an oz citizen.
others please coment
thanks shaun

Sue Sep 16th 2002 4:26 pm

Re: mr moderator
 
Shaun,
You are quite right, citizenship and immigration are closely linked and your thread should not have been deleted. I think one of the moderators might have got slightly carried away.

Sue


Originally posted by shaun/lor:
although i can understand your eagerness to moderate some peoples threads.
i myself am waiting on citizenship by decent whithout which i am unable to migrate. so i feel the statment about this site being for imigration and not citizenship is a tad harsh to say the least. i feel the two are linked.
not just for me but for anyone wishing to eventually aftre 2yrs pr wishing to become an oz citizen.
others please coment
thanks shaun


Grub Sep 16th 2002 4:33 pm

Re: mr moderator
 
Only wish they would moderate other items (havent replied to but have sadly read 'Hope for the hopeless'. )I am not being funny but surely anyone moderating this site would try and keep people like PB and Howard away as it seems to waste so much of everyone's time- we would gain far more from talking about relevant issues instead of bitching back to these dickheads.


Originally posted by shaun/lor:
although i can understand your eagerness to moderate some peoples threads.
i myself am waiting on citizenship by decent whithout which i am unable to migrate. so i feel the statment about this site being for imigration and not citizenship is a tad harsh to say the least. i feel the two are linked.
not just for me but for anyone wishing to eventually aftre 2yrs pr wishing to become an oz citizen.
others please coment
thanks shaun


baldbutts Sep 16th 2002 4:46 pm

Re: mr moderator
 
It's got to be a difficult job being that there moderator,think we need to count to ten before we reply to certain threads.
Yes, we do need pro's & cons about Oz,we also need to have a mental picture of members sitting back,waiting and laughing when we bite at their off-track threads.
Maybe we could just ignore the posts we don't like,then moderators could go part-time.
I'm just a bit worried,as if it comes to erasing any posts that are not relevant,none of mine will ever appear,and I still ain't told the one about the bird with the smelly...............


:scared:

shaun/lor Sep 16th 2002 4:50 pm

Re: mr moderator
 

Originally posted by baldbutts:
It's got to be a difficult job being that there moderator,think we need to count to ten before we reply to certain threads.
Yes, we do need pro's & cons about Oz,we also need to have a mental picture of members sitting back,waiting and laughing when we bite at their off-track threads.
Maybe we could just ignore the posts we don't like,then moderators could go part-time.
I'm just a bit worried,as if it comes to erasing any posts that are not relevant,none of mine will ever appear,and I still ain't told the one about the bird with the smelly...............


:scared:



ooooooh tell me, tell me
shaun

Sue Sep 16th 2002 4:51 pm

Re: mr moderator
 
We could never erase one of your posts baldbutts, they just too entertaining!!!

Sue


Originally posted by baldbutts:
It's got to be a difficult job being that there moderator,think we need to count to ten before we reply to certain threads.
Yes, we do need pro's & cons about Oz,we also need to have a mental picture of members sitting back,waiting and laughing when we bite at their off-track threads.
Maybe we could just ignore the posts we don't like,then moderators could go part-time.
I'm just a bit worried,as if it comes to erasing any posts that are not relevant,none of mine will ever appear,and I still ain't told the one about the bird with the smelly...............


:scared:


Grub Sep 16th 2002 5:00 pm

Re: mr moderator
 
Hi Sue
Any chance of moderating PB's posts ie if they are constructive and valid and not merely irritating then keep on, if they are as they are normally e.g. cutting and pasting off papers etc then can we delete them. No one can stop him responding maybe but some of the ones he starts are sooooo pointless.
Thanks for all your efforts (creep creep)
Keep it up Baldy (oo-er)

Nicky


Originally posted by Sue:
We could never erase one of your posts baldbutts, they just too entertaining!!!

Sue



baldbutts Sep 16th 2002 5:17 pm

Re: mr moderator
 

Originally posted by Sue:

. I think one of the moderators might have got slightly carried away.



To be fair,it was getting pretty heated over the weekend (unlike Barrymores pool) and editing was needed.Maybe some threads were chosen so as not to suggest that any one tos--i mean person --- was not being singled out.
Or maybe they were p****d----i should be, i hate writing serious posts

Juls Sep 16th 2002 7:49 pm

Re: mr moderator
 

Originally posted by baldbutts:


To be fair,it was getting pretty heated over the weekend (unlike Barrymores pool) and editing was needed.Maybe some threads were chosen so as not to suggest that any one tos--i mean person --- was not being singled out.
Or maybe they were p****d----i should be, i hate writing serious posts

Yes it must be pretty hard to moderate some of the post but there seems to be more vindictive posts recently and by the same few peeps not mentioning no names!

I must say tho that I'd certainly miss the humourous ones by dear old Baldy oops sorry Baldy I know what your thinking less of the old! Oh by the way you can come and fit me an outside light any day.

But I do think some thing ought to be done.

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003

Juls Sep 16th 2002 7:52 pm

Re: mr moderator
 

Originally posted by shaun/lor:
although i can understand your eagerness to moderate some peoples threads.
i myself am waiting on citizenship by decent whithout which i am unable to migrate. so i feel the statment about this site being for imigration and not citizenship is a tad harsh to say the least. i feel the two are linked.
not just for me but for anyone wishing to eventually aftre 2yrs pr wishing to become an oz citizen.
others please coment
thanks shaun

Oh have I missed something here but isn't this site for all those trying to get to Australia?

Immigration & visa's plus the misc. ?
Must be just me bit of a "thicko" really !

Julie
Adelaide by early 2003


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:59 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.