British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Mr Lombard please help....points for work experience (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/mr-lombard-please-help-points-work-experience-108593/)

MrFlibbleUK May 28th 2002 2:44 pm

Mr Lombard please help....points for work experience

Hi George...really sorry to bother you but I am wondering if you (or anyone else who reads this) can help.

I have just discovered a major cock up in my application on the Work Experience front (I need the 10 points for this)....I got my MCSE (which I have been assessed on by the ACS) in June 1999 and it would appear that my related work experience will only count AFTER this date (although not been able to verify this with my ACS letter yet).

I sent my info to DIMA about 3 weeks ago with my work references up to about February 2002 (same ones I sent to ACS), this gives me less than 3 years experience!!!!! Can I send them an updated Reference up till June 2002 (and so giving the 3 years?)..ie just change the date and get my boss to re-sign it? or am I stuffed?

Please please help!!!....

Thankyou.

MrFlibbleUK May 29th 2002 7:58 am

Re: Mr Lombard please help....points for work experience

Just pushin' this back to the top so its not lost under the piles of new stuff

Ed Bradley May 29th 2002 11:20 am

I don't remember how the question is worded on the form, but I do remember receiving
a form (with the request for our passports) that allows you to make corrections to
the application. This may be a means for you to update information or correct any
mistakes you've made on your application.

Wish I could help more.... good luck!

Ed. "MrFlibbleUK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi George...really sorry to bother you but I am wondering if you (or anyone else
    > who reads this) can help.
    >
    > I have just discovered a major cock up in my application on the Work Experience
    > front (I need the 10 points for this)....I got my MCSE (which I have been assessed
    > on by the ACS) in June 1999 and it would appear that my related work experience
    > will only count AFTER this date (although not been able to verify this with my ACS
    > letter yet).
    >
    > I sent my info to DIMA about 3 weeks ago with my work references up to about
    > February 2002 (same ones I sent to ACS), this gives me less than 3 years
    > experience!!!!! Can I send them an updated Reference up till June 2002 (and so
    > giving the 3 years?)..ie just change the date and get my boss to re-sign it? or am
    > I stuffed?
    >
    > Please please help!!!....
    >
    > Thankyou.
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

George Lombard May 29th 2002 11:20 am

Dear Mr Flibble

First, I am very happy to answer enquiries but I do resent being mentioned in the
header, because it obligates me to answer. You can always send me a personal email. I
will probably still feel obligated to answer, come to think of it :)

Second, your three years post-qualification experience conundrum is a common one. I
don't think Adelaide are as yet uniform about this, but the rule is that you need the
three years up when you apply, not when they come to assess you. So if you applied in
May, you are probably going to find that it depends on how officious your case
officer is. There are many different kinds. But the good news is that if you do not
have sufficient recent work experience you can just lob a new application in (with
your updated reference).

Cheers

George Lombard

MrFlibbleUK wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Hi George...really sorry to bother you but I am wondering if you (or anyone else who
    >reads this) can help.
    >
    >I have just discovered a major cock up in my application on the Work Experience
    >front (I need the 10 points for this)....I got my MCSE (which I have been assessed
    >on by the ACS) in June 1999 and it would appear that my related work experience
    >will only count AFTER this date (although not been able to verify this with my ACS
    >letter yet).
    >
    >I sent my info to DIMA about 3 weeks ago with my work references up to about
    >February 2002 (same ones I sent to ACS), this gives me less than 3 years
    >experience!!!!! Can I send them an updated Reference up till June 2002 (and so
    >giving the 3 years?)..ie just change the date and get my boss to re-sign it? or am
    >I stuffed?
    >
    >Please please help!!!....
    >
    >Thankyou.
    >
    >
    >
    >--
    >Posted via http://britishexpats.com

MrFlibbleUK May 29th 2002 11:30 am

Sorry 'bout that...thought it was the norm in the group.

Thanks for your help it is very much appareciated (as always).