Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mr GG got a better offer ...

Wikiposts

Mr GG got a better offer ...

Old Apr 14th 2005, 8:58 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Mr GG got a better offer ...

Indulge me, 'cause I'm giddy! Because Patrick has a job! He got the offer this afternoon and starts at ResMed as a Manufacturing Engineer a week on Tuesday. It's a company that makes sleep apnea (spel?) breathing stuff. Apparently. No idea what that means, but I expect I'll be an expert in no time <sigh>. And best of all, it actually pays more than the job he left in Oxford! Yay!

I'm still applying for jobs and going for interviews and stuff and am waiting to hear on at least three that I'm reasonably confident about. But now there's no pressure, I can afford to be a bit picky and not necessarily just go for the first thing I'm offered. So, I'm just a bit over-excited and needed to share!

Right, giddiness over! I'm off to celebrate.

Yay!

Nichola
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud ofSteve2438 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Mr GG got a better offer ...

Originally Posted by Geordie George
Indulge me, 'cause I'm giddy! Because Patrick has a job! He got the offer this afternoon and starts at ResMed as a Manufacturing Engineer a week on Tuesday. It's a company that makes sleep apnea (spel?) breathing stuff. Apparently. No idea what that means, but I expect I'll be an expert in no time <sigh>. And best of all, it actually pays more than the job he left in Oxford! Yay!

I'm still applying for jobs and going for interviews and stuff and am waiting to hear on at least three that I'm reasonably confident about. But now there's no pressure, I can afford to be a bit picky and not necessarily just go for the first thing I'm offered. So, I'm just a bit over-excited and needed to share!

Yay!

Nichola
good for you GG have a few bottles of your finest...chilled of course
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:02 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!

Nichola
Congrats Nichola, I'll join you for a few in the lounge when I get in from work
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:03 pm
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Dave and Steve.

Aus is awesome, init?!

GG

Originally Posted by walla1
Congrats Nichola, I'll join you for a few in the lounge when I get in from work
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:04 pm
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Dave and Steve.

Aus is awesome, init?!

GG
no worries
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:15 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Fan...bloody...tastic news Nichola.

You can be a lady of leisure now so get the slippers/flip flops on and start chillin

Good luck with your jobs too. Make sure you don't make the same mistake as I did.

I was having a second interview and it was getting hot....so I asked the two guys who were interviewing if they minded me taking my top off :scared: :scared:

I meant my jacket ...oops

Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:17 pm
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Yay!

Nichola
Top news! Hope you find gainful employment soon too ... if you wanna

Good stuff to work on too, they are scary when the alarms go off though
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:41 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

tell paddy boy i said good luck
Old Apr 14th 2005, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Congratulations to you both, excellent news . I'm in the middle of typing a job application at the moment. Your good news has lifted my spirits and I may have to have a glass of wine (any excuse). Perhaps I will wait until I've finished typing the application
Rachel x
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats GG, I remember the feeling well, was chuffed to bits when ste got offered his job, takes the pressure off, eh?!

Best wishes,
Old Apr 14th 2005, 11:54 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
You can be a lady of leisure now so get the slippers/flip flops on and start chillin
I wondered who'd be the first to say that .....

Congrats to Mr GG. I take it there will be some vino supped in celebration tonight? Actually, the celebrations are probably well under way by now
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:05 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by wmoore
I wondered who'd be the first to say that .....
You read me too well Wayne. How much d'ya charge for councelling

BTW Nichola: Hope you are celebrating the good news with a fancy night out at the chippy and a few gottles of geer [chuffed 4 ya both]

Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:07 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
You read me too well Wayne. How much d'ya charge for councelling
I don't charge, I just work on expenses
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:07 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Good news & best of luck to you both

Donna.
Old Apr 15th 2005, 12:23 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

When I first read the title I thought he had a better option than you, Nichola.

Congrats to you both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.