Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Mozzies Are Back !!!!!!

The Mozzies Are Back !!!!!!

Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:08 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Mozzies Are Back !!!!!!

yip, now that spring has arrived here, the damn mozzies are back in full force , i woke up yesterday morning with attractive red lumps on my arms and legs, and ive made them more attractive looking by covering them with calomine lotion, so yeh i look really good :scared: . Needless to say, im going to Bunnings this morning to buy the biggest bug zapper i can buy to kill the little buggers
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Mozzies Are Back !!!!!!

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
yip, now that spring has arrived here, the damn mozzies are back in full force , i woke up yesterday morning with attractive red lumps on my arms and legs, and ive made them more attractive looking by covering them with calomine lotion, so yeh i look really good :scared: . Needless to say, im going to Bunnings this morning to buy the biggest bug zapper i can buy to kill the little buggers

Fi,

What works just as well...if not better in my opinion is the Raid repellant candles. They cover a 5 metre area and get rid of just about all bugs.

We had them when camping and were fantastic!!!

Hels
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:13 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hels
Fi,

What works just as well...if not better in my opinion is the Raid repellant candles. They cover a 5 metre area and get rid of just about all bugs.

We had them when camping and were fantastic!!!

Hels

You can be assured my back yard will be aglow with blue zappers and candles to keep them away
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

You can be assured my back yard will be aglow with blue zappers and candles to keep them away

LOL....I can just imagine.

Honestly though, before going out and spending a fortune on those zappers (which I have never really believed work that great anyway) try the candles. The really do work and are cheap and portable.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:19 am
Made the move -

Originally Posted by Hels
LOL....I can just imagine.

Honestly though, before going out and spending a fortune on those zappers (which I have never really believed work that great anyway) try the candles. The really do work and are cheap and portable.

Thanks Helen,

im heading out now !!!

my arms and legs are agony dont fancy a summer covered in lumps!!!!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 12:29 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a huge zapper! Really!
Works very well for most bugs and I use candles etc for the mozzies. When I made the purchase, if I recall correctly, I think there are two different types of blue light available (excluding the strength for coverage), one tyoe covers your smaller bugs like the mozzies and the other light takes care of the moths, beetles, flies and other larger type bugs.
At least I think so.
Sure a bug expert may confirm!

Andrew
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:15 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

My folks have got one of those big electric zapper light things. Pzzzzt ... pzzzzzt .... every couple of seconds. They're great until a big bug gets caught and then you get that horrible smell wafting around
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:50 am
Living the dream downunde

Location: MeadowBank, Sydney, Aussie Land of Sea,Sun and Seashells
rapitts is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah sure are back, noticed a mozzie bite on my leg yesterday, also the flies are in force again :scared:
Old Oct 5th 2005, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

I love my back zapper, it gave me the freedom of my back yard. Remember when you first use them, it takes 2 weeks at least before it becomes really effective, as you have to break the breeding cycle.

I leave mine on 24/7 at this time of year, as I dont have a timer connected to it, and I may forget to switch it on. One night switched off can undo two weeks of work, and cheaper to run than using aeroguard etc.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:21 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Hello, I don't know if you can get 'Clickers' in Oz. I bought one last year, from Asda, before I went to Goa. It cost me about £.50. it's a little plastic yellow cone shaped 'thing' with a button on the top. Basically you put it over the mozzie bite, and click it about 10 times, it puts a small charge into the bite, which stops it itching and takes down the swelling. Much more useful than calomine lotion, creams or any of that stuff.

Have a look in your local pharmacy? If not, then I can feel a business opportunity arising....

Sonic x
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:25 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SonicBird
Hello, I don't know if you can get 'Clickers' in Oz. I bought one last year, from Asda, before I went to Goa. It cost me about £.50. it's a little plastic yellow cone shaped 'thing' with a button on the top. Basically you put it over the mozzie bite, and click it about 10 times, it puts a small charge into the bite, which stops it itching and takes down the swelling. Much more useful than calomine lotion, creams or any of that stuff.

Have a look in your local pharmacy? If not, then I can feel a business opportunity arising....

Sonic x
Never heard of them. Prevention is better than cure though. These buggars leave marks.

Dartboard looook aint a good one
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Sonic x
Sonic - just noticed that you've received acknowledgment from TRA and you're following similar timelines to us. Are you MODL ? Did you have an agent ? Don't mean to fire all these questions at you - just hate waiting for anything !

Heather
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:40 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Sonic x
You can buy them in Australia -

http://www.hotofftheshelf.com.au/

I can only recommend them. My wife is allergic to mossie bites and the lumps she comes up in are huge. This has frankly beaten everything and no chemicals or anything and lasts ages and ages. They are brilliant.
Old Oct 5th 2005, 8:51 am
Now a Mummy!

SonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud ofSonicBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Centurion
You can buy them in Australia -

http://www.hotofftheshelf.com.au/

I can only recommend them. My wife is allergic to mossie bites and the lumps she comes up in are huge. This has frankly beaten everything and no chemicals or anything and lasts ages and ages. They are brilliant.

Excellent - I'm glad you can get em in Oz... They are fab!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Ozceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the roughOzceltic is a jewel in the rough

I suffer with these biting bugs very badly. Not just mozzies but anything that is there bites me.
I have tried experimenting with intake of high odour garlic and vitamin B which had a limited effect, I have also gone through the citronella candle stage, nothing has 100% success but the placebo is half the battle.

Anyone who suffers at this time of year has my sympathy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.