Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mozzies any tips?

mozzies any tips?

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:42 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute
Default mozzies any tips?

i am a member of a forum in turkey where we have regular discussions on ways to combat mozzies.
most of us agree that the best thing we have found to stop the little critters biting you is marmite.

have you had the same discussions on here?have you any good tips on the little bleeders

Marcus.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:48 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: mozzies any tips?

Originally Posted by aston man
i am a member of a forum in turkey where we have regular discussions on ways to combat mozzies.
most of us agree that the best thing we have found to stop the little critters biting you is marmite.

have you had the same discussions on here?have you any good tips on the little bleeders

Marcus.

Doesn't it make an awful sticky mess when you put it on though.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:56 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Marcus.
Some love marmite and some hate it......how about vegemite?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 12:58 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Doesn't it make an awful sticky mess when you put it on though.
you dont rub it on you eat it.lol :scared:
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:01 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

you dont rub it on you eat it.lol :scared:

Awww ok.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Marcus.

I feed my sheep garlic granules, not only do the flies hate the smell it pre- marinates them as well!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:33 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I feed my sheep garlic granules, not only do the flies hate the smell it pre- marinates them as well!!!!!!!!
But why do you want to marinate flies???
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:37 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

But why do you want to marinate flies???

Good point! I think i ment the sheep but im not sure!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:39 pm
The Godfather

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Good point! I think i ment the sheep but im not sure!
Having plenty of sheep I can say the good ol Aussie saying........ You Dag.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 1:47 pm
Straw Man.

Having plenty of sheep I can say the good ol Aussie saying........ You Dag.

My sheep dont have dags, they are clean sheep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

There's an avon product (not designed for mizzie repelling, I think it's a body spray or something) which is supposed to be fantastic, everyone I know in the UK/in the US and on this forum who knows anything about mozzies recommends it, but the name of it escapes me. I might try to find ut and get some though, the deet is not working on the noseeums
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond reputeSorchar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suzimc
There's an avon product (not designed for mizzie repelling, I think it's a body spray or something) which is supposed to be fantastic, everyone I know in the UK/in the US and on this forum who knows anything about mozzies recommends it, but the name of it escapes me. I might try to find ut and get some though, the deet is not working on the noseeums
I think you mean the Skin So Soft body lotion, woodland fresh scented. It works very well indeed, and is also good at repelling the infamous Scottish midges as well as mosquitoes.
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

Marcus.
Yes ,I have heard yeast extract discourages fleas and mossies...other ways? hmmm, stinky citronella I s'pose.Somtimes the bite me sometimes not. Maybe it depends what we eat?
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 4:21 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sorchar
I think you mean the Skin So Soft body lotion, woodland fresh scented. It works very well indeed, and is also good at repelling the infamous Scottish midges as well as mosquitoes.
It is the SSS range which they do a spray in too.....I tried while in Turkey 2 years ago and no bites to speak of...... C x
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

suzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond reputesuzimc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
It is the SSS range which they do a spray in too.....I tried while in Turkey 2 years ago and no bites to speak of...... C x
That's the one! Off to the Avon website to place an order now..... 'Avon Calling'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.