Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

mozzie bites aaaarrrghhh

mozzie bites aaaarrrghhh

Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:02 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Question mozzie bites aaaarrrghhh

Anyone got any remedies that actually work to calm down mozzie bites? We ate diner outside last night on the GOR and I'm covered in them and they're driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:10 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: mozzie bites aaaarrrghhh

Originally Posted by herrchook
Anyone got any remedies that actually work to calm down mozzie bites? We ate diner outside last night on the GOR and I'm covered in them and they're driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
antihistamine tabs....or eucylyptus oil
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:15 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
antihistamine tabs....or eucylyptus oil
I think I have some antihistamines somewhere, will go se eif I can find them, and off to the chemist for oil for me tomorrow,

cheers mate
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:21 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I have some antihistamines somewhere, will go se eif I can find them, and off to the chemist for oil for me tomorrow,

cheers mate
no worries hope it helps....you can also put the Off repellant on it takes the sting out of the bites
Old Dec 29th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Glasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond reputeGlasgowlass has a reputation beyond repute

Saliva stops the itching a treat.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Stingo(e)s works for me but you need to do it quickly (before you scratch too hard). I find Rid is the best repellant.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:07 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

A swim in the ocean helps

Its the salt water - also good for sunburn. We used to also stick honey on them or vegemite (before a shower of course) for about 10 - 15 mins.

Make sure you dont have any stagnant water around the house - once bitten they leave special scent too attract other mozzies.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:08 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glasgowlass
Saliva stops the itching a treat.
use either eucalyptus or lavender oil in your body wash/soap....put on aerogard before sunset...and if you get one.... rub saliva into it until it stops itching
they are worse at sunset and sundown so staying inside at these times can help
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:14 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

PS don't drink the eucalyptus oil.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:46 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Make sure you dont have any stagnant water around the house - once bitten they leave special scent too attract other mozzies.
We had a bit more than stagnant water in the back yard over Chrimbo with a leaking pipe, and have loads of mossies They especially seem to like me

any tips (pipe fixed for now) on getting rid of the buggers, especially as they seem to have told all their mates it is a good place for dinner?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:50 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
We had a bit more than stagnant water in the back yard over Chrimbo with a leaking pipe, and have loads of mossies They especially seem to like me

any tips (pipe fixed for now) on getting rid of the buggers, especially as they seem to have told all their mates it is a good place for dinner?
Leave dish of water in neighbours garage
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Have to say it's one of those 'what works for one person....' things. Personally, having gone through the chemist shelves, the one thing I was advised to use and now the only thing I use, is tea tree oil. You can get it from anywhere, it's got to be the 100% stuff and as soon as you feel the sting or the itch, get some tea tree oil on it. I got 2 earlier on this evening, didn't see them, just felt them, slapped on the magic and within a couple of mins the itch was gone. Also works equally as effectively on older bites.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

tayella is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently the little Bastards hate Garlic so if you eat it regularly and its in your paws they wont bite you. Also another one that worked for me when I used to go pre season training in the summer was to spray deodorant all over my legs, I saw our Goalie do it and thought he was mental but after trying it for myself I recommend it. Spray b4 you go out and NOT after you get bitten.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

bicarbonate of soda mixed to a paste and applied to the effected area, let it dry, leave for an hr or so then rinse it off. this will take away the itch and its a natural remedy. it always works for me and it works on prickly heat also
goodluck
annkc
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:35 pm
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Try getting a normal bar of soap and scraping some onto finger and mix with small amount of water to form paste and apply on mozzie bite ,takes itch away .Then try taking vitamin B tablets or the product called mozoff ,which is in a bottle and is taken orally .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.