Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mozzie Bite Effects?

Mozzie Bite Effects?

Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:05 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future
Default Mozzie Bite Effects?

Sorry if this has been mentioned loads of times, but I've got about 6 mozzie bites in the same area in the centre of my back and they don't itch but really ache.

It comes and goes and I've tried using Lanacaine cream and nothing is really happening apart from this bl**dy aching.

Any ideas for medication?

Last edited by Comer; Jan 10th 2006 at 3:08 am.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:09 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mozzie Bite Effects?

Originally Posted by Comer
Sorry if this has been mentioned loads of times, but I've got about 6 mozzie bites in the same area in the centre of my back and they don't itch but really ache.

It comes and goes and I've tried using Lanacaine cream and nothing is really happening apart from this bl**dy aching.
Are you sure its mozzie bites? We use Paraderm cream,very effective.

Donna.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:12 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Comer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant futureComer has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madsad
Are you sure its mozzie bites? We use Paraderm cream,very effective.

Donna.
Well this is it. I can't really see them and they feel quite big. They happened overnight and I didn't find any dead insects in my bed. This was a few days ago and I swear the pain is slowly getting worse, unless that part of the back feels more sensitive.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:20 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is it. I can't really see them and they feel quite big. They happened overnight and I didn't find any dead insects in my bed. This was a few days ago and I swear the pain is slowly getting worse, unless that part of the back feels more sensitive.
Maybe because you have so many on the one spot,i always thought mozzie bites itch like mad & ive had quite a few!! unless you scratch to the point there sore!

The little buggers have a habit of biting at night,you wake up with lumps everywhere buy a mozzie plug in for your bedroom.

Go into your nearest Pharmacy & ask them to have look just to be sure.

Donna.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:20 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

doesnt sound like a mozzie bite mate, could be spider imo
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath

Donna.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:28 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Don't!!! Whatever it was, it enjoyed my back! I've made an appointment for the Docs tomorrow but I'll feel stupid if it's something minor. Then I must have a low pain threshold!
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:32 am

Don't!!! Whatever it was, it enjoyed my back! I've made an appointment for the Docs tomorrow but I'll feel stupid if it's something minor. Then I must have a low pain threshold!

Dont go to the doctor,just go to the Pharmacy,If they are unsure then go to the doctor?

Donna.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:41 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Dont go to the doctor,just go to the Pharmacy,If they are unsure then go to the doctor?

Donna.
Oh I see. I'll do that first then. Cheers
Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:47 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Or...it could be a snake???

Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:48 am
ABCDiamond

Oh I see. I'll do that first then. Cheers
And don't forget to tell the chemist that you thought it was a mozzie bite, but someone told you it was a spider bite, and as you can't see it yourself, you'd rather be safe than sorry and decided to get an expert (the chemist) to check it

Old Jan 10th 2006, 3:48 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Donna.
Yep, then you can bare your back to the world and share the mystery with all the oaps waiting in line for their hemorrhoid treatments.

"Ooh would you look at that!"
"Yes my Shirley had exactly the same thing only much, much worse."
"I thought she had scabies?"
"No that was young Michael."
"Never did like him much."
"What our Michael?"
"No that Barrymoore fella...."
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:06 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

i Hve got 3 mozzie bites right in the centre of my back and they hurt like hell..it must be beacuse of where they r, not being much flesh there, I have had them about a week and only now is the pain going away, they dont itch unless I accidently rub them, bloody painful tho, I thot for a time it might of been shingles, but they r going now
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:19 am
In The Sunshiiiiinnnnnne

Originally Posted by biggy
i Hve got 3 mozzie bites right in the centre of my back and they hurt like hell..it must be beacuse of where they r, not being much flesh there, I have had them about a week and only now is the pain going away, they dont itch unless I accidently rub them, bloody painful tho, I thot for a time it might of been shingles, but they r going now

Just been to the Pharmacist and he told me that they aren't bites but it appears to be Shingles. I've rang the docs for an earlier appointment but there's nothing doing until 10am tomorrow.

The receptionist asked me if I was in pain to which I said yes and she said that I may have an uncomfortable night ahead.
Old Jan 10th 2006, 4:24 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Just been to the Pharmacist and he told me that they aren't bites but it appears to be Shingles. I've rang the docs for an earlier appointment but there's nothing doing until 10am tomorrow.

The receptionist asked me if I was in pain to which I said yes and she said that I may have an uncomfortable night ahead.

Shingles is very sore and highly contagious , shingles also blister up and form scabs(thats how I know mine wasnt shingles) Have you been near anybody who has chickenpox?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.