Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving Your Money

Moving Your Money

Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold
Default Moving Your Money

Was just wondering how and when people move there money to Aus.

We thought we had made provisions for this by opening a bank account with CBA we were then going to transfer money using HIFX, so I phoned the bank this morning to check sort code etc... and found that it's not a dollar account but a London transfer account so we have to place are UK money in the account and then they transfer it into $$'s.

Does anyone know how i can set up a account and transfer $$'s into it to with HIFX to get a better rate??

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:46 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving Your Money

Originally Posted by tabby
Was just wondering how and when people move there money to Aus.

We thought we had made provisions for this by opening a bank account with CBA we were then going to transfer money using HIFX, so I phoned the bank this morning to check sort code etc... and found that it's not a dollar account but a London transfer account so we have to place are UK money in the account and then they transfer it into $$'s.

Does anyone know how i can set up a account and transfer $$'s into it to with HIFX to get a better rate??

Thanks
We did that too. Then we opened an account with ANZ online and transferred out finds into that using HIFX. Still haven't activated that CBA account ......
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by wmoore
We did that too. Then we opened an account with ANZ online and transferred out finds into that using HIFX. Still haven't activated that CBA account ......
Thanks will try to open one know.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tabby
Thanks will try to open one know.
Actually I lied when I said online. I printed the forms and posted them off, they posted me the details back. It was still easy though And they're a pretty good bank too, they've been real helpful to us and they don't sting you every time you draw from the ATM like a lot of banks here.
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:18 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by wmoore
Snap, we've just done the same thing yesterday
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shazrazmataz
Snap, we've just done the same thing yesterday
i didnt know you could do that!!!!!! so , if we wanted, we can open an account before we go then?? doh!
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
i didnt know you could do that!!!!!! so , if we wanted, we can open an account before we go then?? doh!
You can open this account and will be allowed to pay money into it but not take any out until you activate it once you arrive in Oz.

https://ola.anz.com/noah/app/dda/wel...sp?apptype=436

Select "New to ANZ" and "I'm ready to open an account"
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
You can open this account and will be allowed to pay money into it but not take any out until you activate it once you arrive in Oz.

https://ola.anz.com/noah/app/dda/wel...sp?apptype=436

Select "New to ANZ" and "I'm ready to open an account"
excellent, thanks marco. k on its way

debs x
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
excellent, thanks marco. k on its way

debs x
You're welcome.