Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Wangaratta, Victoria

Moving to Wangaratta, Victoria

Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Moving to Wangaratta, Victoria

Hello there I am new to this site. My family and I are moving to Wangaratta, Victoria next week and wondered whether there is anyone else in Wangaratta or nearby on here, or anyone who knows that area who could give us some pointers?
Thanks
Old Sep 21st 2005, 1:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Wangaratta, Victoria

Originally Posted by NickyP
Hello there I am new to this site. My family and I are moving to Wangaratta, Victoria next week and wondered whether there is anyone else in Wangaratta or nearby on here, or anyone who knows that area who could give us some pointers?
Thanks
Welcome to BE's Nicky, you know me from BV's so I won't give any pointers on here!

OzTennis
Old Sep 21st 2005, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond reputesunshine23 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Wangaratta, Victoria

Originally Posted by NickyP
Thanks

I lived in Shepparton which is about an hour from Wangaratta. Lovely place. Hope you have a fantastic life out there
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Welcome to BE's Nicky, you know me from BV's so I won't give any pointers on here!

OzTennis
Hi there thought that I saw you on here, I have seen a few names that I recognise from BritVics. Just seeing if there are any more country folk out there.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sunshine23
I lived in Shepparton which is about an hour from Wangaratta. Lovely place. Hope you have a fantastic life out there
Thanks for that we will be having a look at Shepparton once we arrive as it is a possibility, however I think that we will stick with Wang as we have found schools etc. Not having been to Australia before it is all guesswork really but it makes for an interesting life.
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:10 pm
Forum Regular

RogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura aboutRogerUK has a spectacular aura about

Hi
We live in Benalla about 25 miles south of Wang. Lovely part of Victoria and a super base for travel and sightseeing. Have been here since taking up PR April 2005, people are very friendly and helpful, we have never looked back and are having a fantastic time, never missed UK once! I am sure you will enjoy Wang, we will look out for a UK accent when next shopping there!
Regards
Roger
Old Sep 21st 2005, 11:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

We went to Wangaratta whilst doing a reccie for a wine trip...mid winter and the place was heaving.
It is only a small country town, but seems to have events on all the time - OK only things like the 10-16 year old swimming championships, but it seems to give a good community atmosphere.

Near some ace wine regions too- King Valley, Rutherglen, and not too far from the mountains for skiing - if the snow hangs around long enough!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by RogerUK
Hi
We live in Benalla about 25 miles south of Wang. Lovely part of Victoria and a super base for travel and sightseeing. Have been here since taking up PR April 2005, people are very friendly and helpful, we have never looked back and are having a fantastic time, never missed UK once! I am sure you will enjoy Wang, we will look out for a UK accent when next shopping there!
Regards
Roger
Ian will be working in Benalla but we think that we will be living in Wang. as it is that bit bigger so should have more for the kids as they get older and it shouldn't be a problem for commuting. We have got housing details for both Benalla and Wang. though as when you have 4 children it is harder to find suitable rental properties. What do you think of Benalla itself? We have heard conflicting reports from local people that we have spoken to. Do you know anything about the local schools as we have to sort out playgroups through to high school?
Thanks
Nicky
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pomster
We went to Wangaratta whilst doing a reccie for a wine trip...mid winter and the place was heaving.
It is only a small country town, but seems to have events on all the time - OK only things like the 10-16 year old swimming championships, but it seems to give a good community atmosphere.

Near some ace wine regions too- King Valley, Rutherglen, and not too far from the mountains for skiing - if the snow hangs around long enough!
We liked the fact that there is a variety of things to do and the fact that it is in the wine region. I am particularly looking forward to being there in time for the jazz festival in October.

Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
And don't forget the whales who come in to the area each winter to give birth !

Lovely, lovely area - we go up the GOR often

Enjoy your life there NickyP !!
Think you are confusing this with Warnambool...which is lovely but not inland and near those yummy wineries.

You have just come back from a drive to Sydney???? You must have driven through some of these country towns, or maybe you were too busy enjoying being a wineglugging passenger to notice!
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:52 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO!! Cas...you do know how to crack me up sometimes.......

Whale watching in Wangaratta!!!

Did you just put a new colour in your hair then?
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 12:57 am
BE Forum Addict

I was confused I thought that I had made some horrible mistake in my research on the area (LOL).
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:06 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

PMSL - cannot believe I just wrote that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

And I was in Wangaratta only a couple of days ago !!!!!!! No, there weren't any whales there - they must have headed out to sea

God, I'm bloody stupid at times !
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:14 am
BE Forum Addict

PMSL - cannot believe I just wrote that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

And I was in Wangaratta only a couple of days ago !!!!!!! No, there weren't any whales there - they must have headed out to sea

God, I'm bloody stupid at times !
maybe you need to change your footer.........
Old Sep 22nd 2005, 1:16 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Don't worry folks....she's strapped down and the medication is kicking in

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.