Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Victoria - Hopefully

Moving to Victoria - Hopefully

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:07 pm
Living the dream

kars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant future
Default Moving to Victoria - Hopefully

Hi

We have been viewing this site for a while now but this is our first posting. We are a family of four living in Leicester and we have just had our medicals. Feeling a bit nervous at the moment. Hopefully we should find out in a couple of months if we have got into oz. Looking at living in Mornington, Victoria. We have never been there before but have done some research and it ticks all the boxes. Our friends have just been and had a look for us whilst on holiday and taken some video footage and looks good. We would be interested in hearing from anyone who lives in Mornington or nearby and can give us some more information about the place. We are quite happy to hear good and bad!
Bye for now
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 2:33 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Victoria - Hopefully

Originally Posted by kars
Hi

We have been viewing this site for a while now but this is our first posting. We are a family of four living in Leicester and we have just had our medicals. Feeling a bit nervous at the moment. Hopefully we should find out in a couple of months if we have got into oz. Looking at living in Mornington, Victoria. We have never been there before but have done some research and it ticks all the boxes. Our friends have just been and had a look for us whilst on holiday and taken some video footage and looks good. We would be interested in hearing from anyone who lives in Mornington or nearby and can give us some more information about the place. We are quite happy to hear good and bad!
Bye for now
Hi

There are lots of expats on here living in that area so once Oz comes online tonight you should get some replies.

Could I suggest also posting on britvics?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

caz41 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Victoria - Hopefully

Hi

Bye for now

Hi

We live in Mount Eliza, just down the road from Mornington, what in particular do you need to know?

It is a beautiful area as I am sure you are aware, and we have settled down really well, been here a year.

Caz
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Hi

There are lots of expats on here living in that area so once Oz comes online tonight you should get some replies.

Could I suggest also posting on britvics?

Cheers

Buzzy
Hi Buzzy,

Whats the web page for britvics? I did a search but couldn't find it! Ta
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:53 pm
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Hi....I'm not buzzy.....but here's the link: http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

LaEsperanza will become famous soon enoughLaEsperanza will become famous soon enough

Hi

I'm Australian and together with my 3 brothers I grew up on the Mornington Peninsula. There is a big Brit (& South African) expat community in the area. I have lived in & visited many different countries (20 in total - including England for 4 years) and I have to say that the MP is THE best place to live. Great beaches, large houses, lots of wide open spaces and not too far out of the city.

My family still live there (my brothers have never left the area!) and I can't wait to move back (I'm living in Melbourne city at the moment).

If you want to check out the property market, I suggest you look at Mornington Peninsula Real Estate or Proactive Real Estate.

Also check out these information sites: "Visit Mornington Peninsula", Mornington Peninsula Shire, Peninsula Pages, Mornington Peninsula Online, Peninsula Arts Society.

Good luck and enjoy your new life on the MP!
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:30 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful. Moving to the Mornington Peninsula could lead to you thinking that you have moved to the best place in the world. It is such a nice place in so many ways.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Auzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really niceAuzziebound is just really nice

Originally Posted by banjo
Hi....I'm not buzzy.....but here's the link: http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx

Thanks Banjo
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

We are living 3 hours NE of Melbourne but have visited MP and the kids didn't want to go home, they wanted Ian to commute
Good luck.
Nicky
Old Jan 4th 2006, 8:03 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Moving to Victoria - Hopefully

Originally Posted by NickyP
We are living 3 hours NE of Melbourne but have visited MP and the kids didn't want to go home, they wanted Ian to commute
Good luck.
Nicky
Oh dear, with so many Brits moving to the Peninsula, house prices will be up to London levels in no time.

Bugger.

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Jan 4th 2006, 5:21 pm
Living the dream

kars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant futurekars has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi

We live in Mount Eliza, just down the road from Mornington, what in particular do you need to know?

It is a beautiful area as I am sure you are aware, and we have settled down really well, been here a year.

Caz
Hi

Thanks for your reply. Mount Martha is nearby, is that worth considering? I also would like to know about the schools, I have two girls aged 9 and 11, from what I understand the curriculum in oz is similiar to over here.

Kars
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Mount Martha is nearby, is that worth considering? I also would like to know about the schools, I have two girls aged 9 and 11, from what I understand the curriculum in oz is similiar to over here.

Kars
Hi Kars

Mount Martha is another beautiful area,don't know about the schools though as my children, 9, 12 and 14 attend school in Mount Eliza. The 2 youngest girls go to Kunyung, which has, I think probably one of the best views for a school in Melbourne, with 180 degree views of the bay!!!! and my oldest attends ME Sec college, and in fact my eldest daughter is due to start there at the end of Jan. Can vouch for both schools.

I think the curriculum is relatively the same as in the uk, but with more emphasis on building up a childs confidence.

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

good luck with your move.

Caz
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:43 pm
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by caz41
Hi Kars

Mount Martha is another beautiful area,don't know about the schools though as my children, 9, 12 and 14 attend school in Mount Eliza. The 2 youngest girls go to Kunyung, which has, I think probably one of the best views for a school in Melbourne, with 180 degree views of the bay!!!! and my oldest attends ME Sec college, and in fact my eldest daughter is due to start there at the end of Jan. Can vouch for both schools.

I think the curriculum is relatively the same as in the uk, but with more emphasis on building up a childs confidence.

If you need any more info feel free to ask.

good luck with your move.

Caz
Hi Caz
can you tell me what the class sizes are like at Kunyung please?
They've got a great web page too, and i'm thinking of this school for my daughter! (Hopefully!!!)
Sally
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SalSa
Hi Caz
can you tell me what the class sizes are like at Kunyung please?
They've got a great web page too, and i'm thinking of this school for my daughter! (Hopefully!!!)
Sally
Hi Sally

About 25/26, I think, it is quite a large primary, certainly bigger than our old school in UK.

when do you hope to get here?

Caz
Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:02 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=kars] Hi

Bye for now[/QUOTE

we had never been to mornington either, we came here purely on research and couldn't have picked a better place. rob has stni for vic, so the plan was to stay here for 2 years, then move to brisbane. we decided after the first week of being here that this is where we are going to stay. we have bought a plot of land and are now building our own home.

marie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.