Reload this Page >

Moving from USA to Perth

Moving from USA to Perth

Old Jun 30th 2016, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

Jnschuchard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from USA to Perth

Hey,
My husband has received a job offer in Perth. I am so excited but, we have 5 kids and we all will be relocating. What do I need to know? Where are the good areas to raise a family? How are the schools? What times? On average what's the cost of living? What are good wages? And anything else! Thank you so much!
Old Jun 30th 2016, 9:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from USA to Perth

Some questions for you...
What visa are you coming on?
What work does he do?
Where will the jon be?
Old Jun 30th 2016, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Hello,
To answer your first question, the 457 Visa. He will be working with an agriculture company that is located in these areas; Pingelly, Lake Grace and Boyup Brook.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 12:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jnschuchard
Hello,
To answer your first question, the 457 Visa. He will be working with an agriculture company that is located in these areas; Pingelly, Lake Grace and Boyup Brook.

The areas mentioned are far removed from Perth. Does this mean you will be based in Perth but your husband travel to given locations?

A 457 is only a temporally visa so you need to be aware what that involves.

Perth is hardly cheap but due to the resource industry decline, prices are in decline, so rents are a better proposition than a year and more back.

Good areas will depend on your budget.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 12:41 am
Just Joined

How far off are these areas from Perth? Also, we are budgeting now and have money saved up. Plus, the American dollar is worth a little more over there. What are the areas like nearby? Can you steer me in the right direction. Like I said I have 5 children.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:23 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

300kms give or take, I'd look at Bunbury maybe as a base location. I mentioned in your other reply but incase you haven't seen it, as a 457 holder you will face $4000 in annual school fees per child
Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:27 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

My partner's kids live not far from Boyup Brook. It's a 2.5 - 3 hour drive from our house to theirs.

The areas you mention are rural. But not like American rural. (I'm Canadian so do understand North American rural) The kids think nothing of driving an hour to the closest mall. The schools will be country schools so not much choice. The kids will likely be bussed to the nearest town with a school for their age group then to another, larger town for high school.

Trust me when I tell you that rural Western Australia is very VERY different from anything you'll have experienced in the US. Where are you from there btw?
Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Im from Fort Myers, Florida. Thank you so much for all of your posts! Any information you can give us would be amazing!
Old Jul 1st 2016, 1:51 am
Just Joined

Also, here we drive our kids to school. Is that not the norm in Aus?
Old Jul 1st 2016, 2:06 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Also, here we drive our kids to school. Is that not the norm in Aus?
Children here,walk,catch a bus ,cycle, and get driven to school. Some even drive themselves. I'm guessing in rural areas they probably get buses .
Old Jul 1st 2016, 2:18 am
Just Joined

What towns and/ or areas are good for families? What kind of extra curriculars are there?
Old Jul 1st 2016, 2:57 am
Still alive

What towns and/ or areas are good for families? What kind of extra curriculars are there?
Image moving to rural West Virginia. That's what the areas you're talking about ate like.

Google is your friend. Look at the towns' websites and take 50% of it with a grain of salt.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 2:59 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much. What is the typical cost of living there? I've googled so much and keep finding conflicting numbers. What is a decent wage if you don't mind speaking about it.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest, with 5 kids, anything less than $100k a year is not going to be very good.
Old Jul 1st 2016, 5:33 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

With 5 kids of school age and $4000 per year per kid I wouldn't be wanting less than $150,000. And that depends on rent costs too.

Other may have a different opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.