Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Townsville from the UK, any advice?

Moving to Townsville from the UK, any advice?

Old Sep 2nd 2019, 6:11 am
Just Joined

srivaidyanathan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Townsville from the UK, any advice?

Thank you so much. Thats good to know. Will update once I’m there.
Old Sep 4th 2019, 2:28 am
Just Joined

EssexOMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Townsville from the UK, any advice?

Originally Posted by srivaidyanathan
Hi, I have a potential job offer from Townsville. Currently living in the UK. How has your experience been so far of living there? Planning to move with my wife. Thank you
Hey, been in Townsville nearly 2 years. I love living here, the only traffic you have to deal with is rush hour stuck at the traffic lights for a few minutes. Everywhere in Townsville is reachable in 20/30 minutes no matter where you live. The Strand is the best right on the beach. There is a lot of crime, but it's everywhere. Just make sure house and car is locked and do not leave valuables on show in your car. Touch wood, so far we've been fine. The only blip was the floods back in February. Along with hundreds of homes, ours flooded also along with two of our cars. It's been a long slog fighitng insurance but please to say we get to move back in two weeks time. I cannot stress this enough, as soon as you get a rental, sort your contents insurance out. There were many who were not insured, most couldn't afford it but some chose not to have it. Temperatures are starting to rise now we're into Spring, around 30 degress during the day