British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   This is it - Moving today, kids and all ! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moving-today-kids-all-316105/)

lynette Jul 26th 2005 9:24 am

This is it - Moving today, kids and all !

Well, the time has come - we are leaving the house today. PSS have just about packed everything up and we will be leaving in a couple of hours. Two weeks to visit rellies first then it's off to Oz. PSS have been very professional and everything appears to be very well packed.

For anyone with kids - I had planned to have them here while the packing was going on and they have said 'goodbye' and 'see you soon' to all of their favourite toys which has been good for them I think. Generally it's gone well but I would recommend organising someone else to come and look after the kids for a while (in the run up to the move and during). I had a friend yesterday for a couple of hours and it made all the difference. Needless to say, no family members offered to help us out !

The PC's going in an hour or so, so we'll hope to see everyone in Brisbane after we arrive on the 3rd September. I may get chance to log on over the next couple of weeks but not sure.

Lynette.

moneypenny20 Jul 26th 2005 9:26 am

Re: This is it - Moving today, kids and all !

Exciting! Have a great ;) time visiting the rellies. Hope the trip goes well and will possibly see you on the other side sometime.

Have a great life and hope it's everything you want it to be.

ABCDiamond Jul 26th 2005 9:31 am

Originally Posted by lynette
The PC's going in an hour or so, so we'll hope to see everyone in Brisbane after we arrive on the 3rd September. I may get chance to log on over the next couple of weeks but not sure.

Lynette.

With everyone coming to Brisbane, you lot should get together and organise a Charter flight here :)

Hope you have a nice trip :)

cantwait Jul 26th 2005 9:39 am

Well, the time has come - we are leaving the house today. PSS have just about packed everything up and we will be leaving in a couple of hours. Two weeks to visit rellies first then it's off to Oz. PSS have been very professional and everything appears to be very well packed.

For anyone with kids - I had planned to have them here while the packing was going on and they have said 'goodbye' and 'see you soon' to all of their favourite toys which has been good for them I think. Generally it's gone well but I would recommend organising someone else to come and look after the kids for a while (in the run up to the move and during). I had a friend yesterday for a couple of hours and it made all the difference. Needless to say, no family members offered to help us out !

Lynette.

Wow, so jealous.

It's Brisbane for us to when we've sold the house so hopefully see you on the other side at one of the BE meets.

Safe journey and all the very best for your new life in Oz.

Good luck.
Paula.

Nick11 Jul 26th 2005 10:02 am

Originally Posted by cantwait
Wow, so jealous.

It's Brisbane for us to when we've sold the house so hopefully see you on the other side at one of the BE meets.

Safe journey and all the very best for your new life in Oz.

Good luck.
Paula.

Good luck and all the best.I'm sooooooooooooooo jealous
Nick

bridiej Jul 26th 2005 10:34 am

Best of luck! :)

nik Jul 26th 2005 12:05 pm

Best of luck - have a fantastic time and I hope everything goes well once you get to Oz. Look forward to hearing how you are doing! :D
Nik

binbird Jul 26th 2005 12:46 pm

Lynette.

PSS are due here tomorrow to pack for us. I wonder if we will have the same crew! Our three kids (aged 7, 5 and 4) have witnessed all the sorting and shuffling (and weeding out!) that we have been doing but they are being "shipped off" to the grandparents tonight so that they don't hamper the packers too much!

It's Sydney for us though and we arrive on 13th September so similar timescales to you. Good luck with it all.

Binbird

scotmacs Jul 27th 2005 8:56 am

Originally Posted by binbird
PSS are due here tomorrow to pack for us. I wonder if we will have the same crew! Our three kids (aged 7, 5 and 4) have witnessed all the sorting and shuffling (and weeding out!) that we have been doing but they are being "shipped off" to the grandparents tonight so that they don't hamper the packers too much!

It's Sydney for us though and we arrive on 13th September so similar timescales to you. Good luck with it all.

Binbird

Newly back onto this forum which is fantastic. Which company is PSS? We are starting now to get quotes from moving companies to hopefully move in Oct 05 :)

Kay