Reload this Page >

Moving to Sydney need advice

Moving to Sydney need advice

Old Oct 20th 2006, 7:14 am
Just Joined

Michelle Hastings is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Sydney need advice

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Dont discount the areas south of Sydney, they are just as (if not more imo) beautiful and a bit more affordable than the northern beaches. From Helensbugh down to Bulli/Woonona in the illawarra is gorgeous, it has amazing beaches and scenery and according to friends with older kids (mines 2) the school are pretty good.

Its takes the hubby just over 1 hr to get from Thirroul to Kograh in Sydney on the train, so comutable for work, and close enough to the city for trips and shopping.
Thanks for that info. Certainly will consider these areas also.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 10:54 pm
Just Joined

apia05 has a brilliant futureapia05 has a brilliant futureapia05 has a brilliant futureapia05 has a brilliant futureapia05 has a brilliant futureapia05 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Michelle Hastings
Hi everyone,

My name is Michelle and I am married to Gary. We have two children, Max age 12 and Grace age 9. We also have a dog (weimaraner) called Ruby.

We are moving to Sydney in January. Don't know whereabouts in Sydney but have heard the Northern Beaches are lovely - Harbord, Manly, Fairlights and Hunters Hill have been recommended.

Am extremely worried about picking schools for my children and do not have a lot of time as the new school term starts end of January . I have heard Sydney doesn't use league tables. Can anyone let me know of any good state schools in or around these areas?

Would very much appreciate any help you can give.
Hi Michelle

My partner and I are in the same boat - sort of although no kids as yet :-) we have friends in Seaforth near Manly which seemed very nice.

Good luck
Old Oct 23rd 2006, 7:42 am
Just Joined

Michelle Hastings is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by apia05
Hi Michelle

My partner and I are in the same boat - sort of although no kids as yet :-) we have friends in Seaforth near Manly which seemed very nice.

Good luck
When are you hoping to be out there by?