Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Sydney

Moving to Sydney

Old Apr 17th 2005, 11:13 am
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Kopites will become famous soon enoughKopites will become famous soon enough
Cool Moving to Sydney

Hi everybody,my name is Chelsea,i am 6 years old and coming 7 in June.Iam going to move to Sydney with my Mum,Dad and older brother ,Iwill be staying with my uncle Colin .Iam very nervous but Ithink I will enjoy it,Iam looking forward to going to the beaches,parks and hoping to join a dance class and the G.B.Ihope the teachers at my new school are very nice,Iwill miss my friends but I am sure I meet new ones and I will miss my Nanny 's and Grandad.Hope to hear from somebody soon love Chelsea
Old Apr 17th 2005, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Sydney

Originally Posted by Kopites
Hi everybody,my name is Chelsea,i am 6 years old and coming 7 in June.Iam going to move to Sydney with my Mum,Dad and older brother ,Iwill be staying with my uncle Colin .Iam very nervous but Ithink I will enjoy it,Iam looking forward to going to the beaches,parks and hoping to join a dance class and the G.B.Ihope the teachers at my new school are very nice,Iwill miss my friends but I am sure I meet new ones and I will miss my Nanny 's and Grandad.Hope to hear from somebody soon love Chelsea
Hi Chelsea,

I have children a little bit older than you, we moved to Sydney last year. My son was feeling like you, looking forward to his new life, but sad to leave his old one behind. He has now made lots of new friends and loves his school. The beaches and parks are fantastic, even now when it is Autumn the weather is lovely and we have been out most days during his holidays. Tim speaks to his Gran regularly on the phone and by email.

My niece, who is a little younger than you, goes to dancing classes every week as well and has a great time.

If you want to ask anymore questions please feel free to get in touch again.

Nanci
Old Apr 18th 2005, 3:15 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Cool Moving to Sydney

Hi Nanci,thanks for getting back to me,I was wondering if i be friends with your little girl.The letter you sent back to me made me feel better moving to Sydney.Are the people at school very nice,can i get school dinners Thanks for all your help ,Chelsea
Old Apr 18th 2005, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: Moving to Sydney

Hi Nanci,thanks for getting back to me,I was wondering if i be friends with your little girl.The letter you sent back to me made me feel better moving to Sydney.Are the people at school very nice,can i get school dinners Thanks for all your help ,Chelsea
Hi Chelsea,

I'm glad my message helped you, unfortunately my niece is only 3, so she maybe a little young for you, but I can assure you that you will have no trouble making lots of new friends when you go to school. Tim has more friends here than he had in the UK.

Everyone at Tim's school is very nice, teachers and pupils. All the older children buddy a younger child your age and help them get to know where everything is in the school. There is a school canteen, but it is different from the UK, you put in your order for lunch each morning and it is ready for you at lunch time. Also the school has sausage sizzles at any school events such as sports day, which is in July here because it would be to hot in the middle of summer! When we arrived here last year Tim had two sports days, one just before we left in the UK and one soon after we arrived here.

I hope this helps you,

Nanci
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:06 am
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Originally Posted by nanci
Hi Chelsea,

I'm glad my message helped you, unfortunately my niece is only 3, so she maybe a little young for you, but I can assure you that you will have no trouble making lots of new friends when you go to school. Tim has more friends here than he had in the UK.

Everyone at Tim's school is very nice, teachers and pupils. All the older children buddy a younger child your age and help them get to know where everything is in the school. There is a school canteen, but it is different from the UK, you put in your order for lunch each morning and it is ready for you at lunch time. Also the school has sausage sizzles at any school events such as sports day, which is in July here because it would be to hot in the middle of summer! When we arrived here last year Tim had two sports days, one just before we left in the UK and one soon after we arrived here.
I hope this helps you,

Nanci
Hi Nanci,thanks for replying to Ryan and Chelsea's thread,its put there little minds at ease . Cheers Andy [Ryan and Chelsea's Dad ]
Old Apr 20th 2005, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

Hi Nanci,thanks for replying to Ryan and Chelsea's thread,its put there little minds at ease . Cheers Andy [Ryan and Chelsea's Dad ]
Hi Andy,

Ryan and Chelsea are a little younger than my brood, but their fears when we arrived here were just the same. They are now both really well settled and have lots of new friends.

I'm sure Ryan and Chelsea will love it here and soon settle in. The schools have a really good attitude and if Ryan likes soccer he's onto a winner straight away.

Good luck to you all,

Nanci
Old Apr 20th 2005, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

WHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really niceWHEEZY is just really nice

Hello Chelsea, my name is Freya and I am also 6 years old and I am living in Sydney with my mum, dad and little brother. I have been here for 6 weeks, and I am starting at my new school next week. I am also very nervous but excited as well about meeting my new teacher and I hope to make some new friends there. Where are you going to be living? We could meet in the park or on the beach for a play. I like dancing and dressing up.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

cammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the roughcammym is a jewel in the rough

Chelsea

My little girls are 6, coming 7 like you and 5. We are moving to Sydney, North Shore in July and like you Alice and Ella are very excited, but a little apprehensive. Alice e-mailed the Girl guides in Sydney who sent back a nice mail letting her know that they were looking forward to meeting a new girl and that she would have losts of friends.
Maybe that would be a good idea for you also.

Good luck and enjoy your exciting move.

Cameron

I will tell Alice and Ella about you and they will also reply to you.
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:34 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Cool Re: Moving to Sydney

Originally Posted by WHEEZY
Hello Chelsea, my name is Freya and I am also 6 years old and I am living in Sydney with my mum, dad and little brother. I have been here for 6 weeks, and I am starting at my new school next week. I am also very nervous but excited as well about meeting my new teacher and I hope to make some new friends there. Where are you going to be living? We could meet in the park or on the beach for a play. I like dancing and dressing up.
Hi Freya,thankyou for getting in touch with me,i would love to meet you,what part of Sydney do you live in?we are goimng to move to Burwood and live with my uncle Colin until my Mum and Dad get a job.I love dancing riding my bike,school and love going to clubs.Hope to hear from you soon ,CHELSEA :scared:
Old Apr 27th 2005, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Hi Chelsea,

I have a daughter Jessica, she's 6 and we are hoping to go to Sydney, she would very much like a friend her age to chat to. She usuallly looks on the 'kids for oz' thread.

Chris
Old Apr 27th 2005, 3:05 pm
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Cool Re: Moving to Sydney

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Chelsea,

I have a daughter Jessica, she's 6 and we are hoping to go to Sydney, she would very much like a friend her age to chat to. She usuallly looks on the 'kids for oz' thread.

Chris
hI Jessica,we got our visas yesterday,so we hope to be moing soon.If you want my dad saids you can have are e-mail address if you want to keep writing.Better go and do some homework,bye Chelsea :scared:
Old Apr 27th 2005, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

hI Jessica,we got our visas yesterday,so we hope to be moing soon.If you want my dad saids you can have are e-mail address if you want to keep writing.Better go and do some homework,bye Chelsea :scared:

Hi Chelsea,

I spoke to Jessica and she would like to write to you you can get my e-mail on my profile or ask your Dad to pm me with yours and Jess can write to you

Goodnight, hope you have done all your homework, I havent done the ironing yet spent too long on ex-pats tonight!!!!

Chris
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:29 am
Sydney Bound Jan 2006

Smile Re: Moving to Sydney

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Hi Chelsea,

I spoke to Jessica and she would like to write to you you can get my e-mail on my profile or ask your Dad to pm me with yours and Jess can write to you

Goodnight, hope you have done all your homework, I havent done the ironing yet spent too long on ex-pats tonight!!!!

Chris
Chris,sent you a pm,thanks Andy[Chelsea's dad]
Old Apr 28th 2005, 8:51 am
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

We will be moving to Sydney when the house sells (we hope by September) and we have three girls - Zoe who turned 7 last week, Amy who is 5 and a half and Izzy who is nearly 4. They are looking out for making new friends too!

Looks like quite a little gang of young girls already!

Binbird
Old May 3rd 2005, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by binbird
We will be moving to Sydney when the house sells (we hope by September) and we have three girls - Zoe who turned 7 last week, Amy who is 5 and a half and Izzy who is nearly 4. They are looking out for making new friends too!

Looks like quite a little gang of young girls already!

Binbird
My kids think its brill that they can make friends before they go, they are really looking forward to getting there now and playing with their new friends.

it would be nice to get some of them together before we go.

Chris

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.