Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving to sydney

moving to sydney

Old Oct 26th 2004, 9:14 am
Just Joined

beckster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to sydney

hi, first post after lots of viewing, i've accepted a job in sydney and they are sponsoring me to come over, they say the paperwork takes 6 weeks so i've booked a flight for 31st Dec (out with the old...). i'm now looking at shipping stuff out and wondered if anyone had any recommendations of who to use/not use? i'll probably only send a couple of chests as it's only 2 years in the first instance and still have a house here.
and another question, i own a house with a friend, and intend to rent out my room while i'm away. anyone got any tips on what to tell the mortgage company (if anything), my friend will still be living there so the whole property isn't being rented out.
Thanks
Old Oct 30th 2004, 10:51 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to sydney

Originally Posted by beckster
hi, first post after lots of viewing, i've accepted a job in sydney and they are sponsoring me to come over, they say the paperwork takes 6 weeks so i've booked a flight for 31st Dec (out with the old...).
If they are only sponsoring you for a temporary visa (eg subclass 457):

1. make yourself fully aware of the restrictions on this visa compared to permanent residence (PR); and
2. if you'd like to have the option to stay, start working out your plan to get PR as soon as possible.

Jeremy