Reload this Page >

moving to rockingham

moving to rockingham

Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to rockingham

hi

a while since i posted on here - lot of new names i dont recognise - we are moving to port kennedy at end of month - anybody nrewly arrived there or due to arrive there?????????
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:02 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to rockingham

Originally posted by thewoods
hi

a while since i posted on here - lot of new names i dont recognise - we are moving to port kennedy at end of month - anybody nrewly arrived there or due to arrive there?????????

Hello, Its good to hear from you again, I hope things have picked up since you arrived. There are a few people who post from Port Kennedy and Rockingham/Mandurah areas. Loopy, Jacqui and Paula M, Sophia come to mind.

So you are escaping Ellenbrook then
Old Nov 11th 2003, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again! Haven't been to Port Kennedy myself yet, but been past the area a few times on the way to Perth. I think Paula has a rental house there, not sure. So what was wrong with Ellenbrook?!
Old Nov 11th 2003, 7:19 am
BE Enthusiast

claireg3 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are leaving for Perth at the beginning of January and going to stay in Baldivis until we have a rental sorted. We are aiming to settle in or around Port Kennedy.

Claire
Old Nov 11th 2003, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of
Default Re: moving to rockingham

hi

Hi
We are in Port Kennedy

Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Hi Jirrupin, we're not in Port Kennedy, although we have been there, does that count??? We're the opposite end, up north in Mindarie.

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2003, 1:46 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by Loopy
Hi Jirrupin, we're not in Port Kennedy, although we have been there, does that count??? We're the opposite end, up north in Mindarie.

Loopy
We were in Mindarie on Sunday there was a lot going on in the harbour, best dressed boats and stuff, were you there?
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

No we didn't go on Sunday, had visitors & things to do. Was it good?

Loopy
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:13 pm
Good to be back in UK

Originally posted by Loopy
No we didn't go on Sunday, had visitors & things to do. Was it good?

Loopy
That depends on wht you would describe as good

There were a few boats adorned with lots of bunting, going around and around the harbour, the competition was won by a boat that had drawings of sheep (re: recent news item) and they won $500 which I thought was good and it was presented by a local councillor, (riveting stuff). There were several stalls trading such items as knitted mouses for your cat!! painted pot plants, cutlery wind chimes, and fabric covered coat hangers. The local resident association were selling hot sausages for $2. Chris ate one which was okay ,but I was unwilling to chance a fly intruding along with the sausage, so I passed.

It was really busy and I think these sort of events are really important for establishing the 'community' feel. We had the history of the harbour development which was really interesting, so all in all, not too bad
Old Nov 11th 2003, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

The stalls are there most nice Sundays, all sorts of things you can't live without?! Tend not to go down to these events, nicer in the week with few people around.

Loopy
Old Nov 12th 2003, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

thewoods is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like the thread has been hi-jacked
for those interested-somebody did ask we are leaving ellenbrook mainly cos husband has job in kwinina and commute getting to him
Old Nov 12th 2003, 1:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

So sorry! Do apologise!

Loops
Old Nov 12th 2003, 2:35 pm
Good to be back in UK

looks like the thread has been hi-jacked
for those interested-somebody did ask we are leaving ellenbrook mainly cos husband has job in kwinina and commute getting to him
There was no intention to 'hi-jack' your thread, assume we were keeping it warm, whilst waiting your return.

It is good to hear that your husband has found a job, I know things looked a bit gloomy when you first arrived. It would be good to know how you are getting on, I guess if your moving house ad everything at the moment you will be very busy and if your anything like me in your first few months, a bit stressed

I look forward to hearing more from you soon, I do know they have 'get togethers' in Mandurah, there was one a while ago that was posted about. I am sure you could be invited along to the next one.

Good Luck with the move.

Donna