British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Moving to Perth in Oct 05 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/moving-perth-oct-05-a-316224/)

scotmacs Jul 26th 2005 7:55 pm

Moving to Perth in Oct 05

After previously nearly going to Singapore with my husbands work we are now going to Perth Oz this Oct with a 1 yr work visa. We are taking our dogs and with the help of all my relatives out there hopefully will get work and stay out there longer IDEALLY FOREVER!!!!

We have started the import process for our 2 beloved labradors and are looking for any advice of what company to use to get them on the plane and off again safely at the other side. The import process is complex enough but set in stone whereas its up to us to choose the people who will be entrusted with our boys!! Now that to me is harder!!!!

Also what airline to use via what countries is a big concern aswell.

Any help or experience is much appreciated........

We also have ANGLO PACIFIC in mind to move all our stuff on recommendation of my cousin who moved back out to Oz about 3 years ago. Any info on them or any other good experiences????

Thanks in advance
Kay & Allan

Anne4Terry Jul 26th 2005 7:59 pm

Re: Moving to Perth in Oct 05

Originally Posted by scotmacs
After previously nearly going to Singapore with my husbands work we are now going to Perth Oz this Oct with a 1 yr work visa. We are taking our dogs and with the help of all my relatives out there hopefully will get work and stay out there longer IDEALLY FOREVER!!!!

We have started the import process for our 2 beloved labradors and are looking for any advice of what company to use to get them on the plane and off again safely at the other side. The import process is complex enough but set in stone whereas its up to us to choose the people who will be entrusted with our boys!! Now that to me is harder!!!!

Also what airline to use via what countries is a big concern aswell.

Any help or experience is much appreciated........

We also have ANGLO PACIFIC in mind to move all our stuff on recommendation of my cousin who moved back out to Oz about 3 years ago. Any info on them or any other good experiences????

Thanks in advance
Kay & Allan

Golden Arrow have the best reputation for moving animals. Completely understand where you are coming from if you read my thread "so many people have asked".

Singapore Airlines give you a higher baggage allowance if you are emigrating.

Anglo Pacific have an awful reputation on here and are known as ***** ********!

Oh and by the way, welcome to the madhouse er forum :D

scotmacs Jul 26th 2005 8:32 pm

Thanks for the reply. Once I had posted the thread I went looking over previous posts and got a lot of info on an EXPORT PETS thread. Golden Arrow does seem to have a good rep!!

Will keep reading all the posts and make good use of all the advice posted by people. :)

Kay

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Golden Arrow have the best reputation for moving animals. Completely understand where you are coming from if you read my thread "so many people have asked".

Singapore Airlines give you a higher baggage allowance if you are emigrating.

Anglo Pacific have an awful reputation on here and are known as ***** ********!

Oh and by the way, welcome to the madhouse er forum :D

movetoperth Jul 27th 2005 5:01 am

Hi Kay

We moved our Labrador (Taz) with us, we chose Airpets at Heathrow who gave me most confidence when i asked them all my dumb questions, another consideration was that at the time we were living only an hours drive from them so he didn't have a great long journey. Also their kennels are only a short drive from the airport so he didn't have to spend longer in his box than he absolutley had to.

It is important to book early as livestock space is limited, also try and get them booked onto the day flight wit Qantas as it arrives in Singapore in the early morning and they will only have 2 hours transfer time, this means they will have minimum time on the tarmac in Singapore, they don't take them to a reception centre there just leave them on the tarmac, in the height of the day it can't be very nice. Also using this flight gets them here mid afternoon and they can be transferred to Byford straight off, if they arrive off the night flight they don't get picked up until 6am.

As far as i know the quarantine station is now closed on weekends so animals can't arrive over a weekend.

Don't stress too much, remember they are labradors, they won't care so long as someone has a bowl of food waiting for them at the other end :D

Lynn

scotmacs Jul 27th 2005 5:19 am

Hi Lynn

Thanks for your reply, very good points. It is now dawning on me that we need to book everything to do with the boys ( we have 2 labs Rico & Max ) I had thought that we would need to have them arriving in Perth during daytime hours so they could get moved there without too much delay.

Kay

Originally Posted by movetoperth.com
Hi Kay

We moved our Labrador (Taz) with us, we chose Airpets at Heathrow who gave me most confidence when i asked them all my dumb questions, another consideration was that at the time we were living only an hours drive from them so he didn't have a great long journey. Also their kennels are only a short drive from the airport so he didn't have to spend longer in his box than he absolutley had to.

It is important to book early as livestock space is limited, also try and get them booked onto the day flight wit Qantas as it arrives in Singapore in the early morning and they will only have 2 hours transfer time, this means they will have minimum time on the tarmac in Singapore, they don't take them to a reception centre there just leave them on the tarmac, in the height of the day it can't be very nice. Also using this flight gets them here mid afternoon and they can be transferred to Byford straight off, if they arrive off the night flight they don't get picked up until 6am.

As far as i know the quarantine station is now closed on weekends so animals can't arrive over a weekend.

Don't stress too much, remember they are labradors, they won't care so long as someone has a bowl of food waiting for them at the other end :D

Lynn