Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

MOVING TO PERTH? JULY 2009 INFO

MOVING TO PERTH? JULY 2009 INFO

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

JAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the rough
Default MOVING TO PERTH? JULY 2009 INFO

CAN ANYONE RECCOMEND ANY NICE AREAS TO MOVE TO WITH EASY ACESS TO THE CITY? IVE LOOKED AT JUNDALOOP & MINDARIE AND THE COTTESLOE AREAS. ANY OTHER LOCATIONS WORTH TAKING A LOOK AT?

AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE WEBSITE FOR PERTH TRAINS TO TRAVEL FROM PERTH TO ADELAIDE? WANT TO BOOK A TICKET TO SEE FAMILY WHILST IM OVER THERE.

ANY FEEDBACK MUCH APPRICIATED.

THANKS

JAMES.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: MOVING TO PERTH? JULY 2009 INFO

If you go to the search button above and type in Perth Suburbs there are loads of threads with good advice on areas to live in. Where will you be working as you don't want to travel unecessarily in rush hour.

Transperth gives local train, bus and ferry times.

Not sure you can get a train to Adelaide from Perth. You'd may be better looking at Virgin Blue or Qantas and flying.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

JAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the roughJAYROONEY is a jewel in the rough

Yeah Thanks for that. I know there is a train but dont know name of the company. but will look at flights.

Im going to be working in a school i have 2 to chose from before i go that ive been accepted for. still waiting on the packs to be delivered wont know on area till then. im going with 3 mates, and 4 mates are already there living in mindarie harbour.

Thanks again
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Perthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant futurePerthine has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by JAYROONEY
CAN ANYONE RECCOMEND ANY NICE AREAS TO MOVE TO WITH EASY ACESS TO THE CITY? IVE LOOKED AT JUNDALOOP & MINDARIE AND THE COTTESLOE AREAS. ANY OTHER LOCATIONS WORTH TAKING A LOOK AT?

AND DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE WEBSITE FOR PERTH TRAINS TO TRAVEL FROM PERTH TO ADELAIDE? WANT TO BOOK A TICKET TO SEE FAMILY WHILST IM OVER THERE.

ANY FEEDBACK MUCH APPRICIATED.

THANKS

JAMES.
Flying is cheaper and faster then train, but here you can buy tickets http://www.gsr.com.au/our-trains/ind...he-journey.php

Cottesloe is pricey, million dollar houses. To get some idea about suburbs in Perth look here http://www.aussiemove.com/city/city.asp?f=9&c=7
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Yeah ive looked into the cottesloe area i didnt think it was that bad considering the location.

But thanks for the advice. I wouldnt mind doing the whole train thing just to explore other places in Oz. but may do the return back to perth by plane.

Will take a look at the links you gave me. Thanks