Reload this Page >

Moving from Perth to Brisbane...shipper recomendations

Moving from Perth to Brisbane...shipper recomendations

Old Nov 24th 2006, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving from Perth to Brisbane...shipper recomendations

Hi all,
we're moving from Perth to Brisbane in the new year and I was wondering if anyone had made a similar interstate move and could recommend a good shipping company.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Salli
xxx
Old Nov 24th 2006, 2:02 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving from Perth to Brisbane...shipper recomendations

Can't help re experiences, but can I ask why you are moving?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunbather
Can't help re experiences, but can I ask why you are moving?
Moved to Perth originally for a number of reasons, but mainly because we thought the fact that the time difference between west coast and UK was less it would mean it was easier to deal with our UK clients...however, they alll email us so that reason has gone.

The main reason for the shift east is that the housing market here is crazy....house prices are ridiculous now...they reckon that Perth is going to overtake Sydney house prices by Christmas! We're heading east to accomplish our dream of mortgage free living.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:31 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Salli
The main reason for the shift east is that the housing market here is crazy....house prices are ridiculous now...they reckon that Perth is going to overtake Sydney house prices by Christmas! We're heading east to accomplish our dream of mortgage free living.
I could well be joining you - good luck!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Would you post an update later as to how you find Brisbane compared to Perth Whereabouts in Perth are you living now?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:18 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Really?
Old Nov 24th 2006, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sunbather
Would you post an update later as to how you find Brisbane compared to Perth Whereabouts in Perth are you living now?

Will do. We're living just outside Fremantle at the moment, renting. We hope to move to the Sunshine Coast in Feb of next year.
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:20 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Will do. We're living just outside Fremantle at the moment, renting. We hope to move to the Sunshine Coast in Feb of next year.
lucky you! I know what you mean about the house prices here in Perth. Wouldn't be so bad if they were built like a proper home should be built, hence the name Lego-Land!
Brissy is still cheaper and livelier so good luck!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:21 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

We may join the band wagon!!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:23 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Really?
Yup, going over for a reccie in 3 weeks!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:24 am
Account Closed

Hi all,
we're moving from Perth to Brisbane in the new year and I was wondering if anyone had made a similar interstate move and could recommend a good shipping company.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Salli
xxx
We got in touch with Hunt Removals. They move it across land on a road train. The quote was for a 20ft container and a while back now. I think it was somewhere around the $4.5k mark....though I could be wrong...brain like a seive!
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:26 am
Account Closed

Yup, going over for a reccie in 3 weeks!
Please, please let us know what you think of it. We're looking at north Brissie (Samford, Buderim). Would love to hear what you think of the whole coast really. You're in a great position to compare too, you've lived here long enough to have a valid opinion.

Have a great time
Old Nov 24th 2006, 5:33 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Please, please let us know what you think of it. We're looking at north Brissie (Samford, Buderim). Would love to hear what you think of the whole coast really. You're in a great position to compare too, you've lived here long enough to have a valid opinion.

Have a great time
We're looking at Hervey Bay mainly but all down the coast to Brisbane.