Moving to Perth

Old Oct 24th 2010, 6:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Perth

Originally Posted by suek
they have quoted us £3500 for 750 cu ft. So we are now thinking to leave the Settees, beds & TV's & just buy them when we get there.
That's about right.
Old Oct 25th 2010, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Leave everything, just pack up all your most personal items into a few boxes. Leave them with a family member. Fly over to aus, get setup and then ask the family to ship the boxes over.

Have a fresh start, dont bring all your old baggage with you. Leave all that behind and have a fresh start in your new life
Old Oct 25th 2010, 8:22 am
ian

mabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to allmabozar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sunshine7
Should have said - we are all (hubby, I and 2 children) really loving Perth so far and it feels like home already - wish we had come years ago! Good luck with the move
Where are you living in Perth we have been here 8 months at a stumbling block now can't buy too expensive and can't sell our scottish home. The exchange rate is crap too! Stuck behind a rock and a hard place as they say don't want to be mortgaged up to the hilt!

Carol
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

suek is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: cleaning of garden tools

Hi, Can anyone give advice on how clean garden tools need to be. I have used the pressure washer on them and cleaned them in Jades fluid, they still have what looks like greasy marks on that will not come off. will this be acceptable?
Thanks
Steve
Old Oct 28th 2010, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice

Originally Posted by dave99
Leave everything, just pack up all your most personal items into a few boxes. Leave them with a family member. Fly over to aus, get setup and then ask the family to ship the boxes over.

Have a fresh start, dont bring all your old baggage with you. Leave all that behind and have a fresh start in your new life
Its OK doing that as long as you have the money to buy everything from beds to dining room tables down to a new wooden spoon and potato peeler! Having familiar things around you can help you to feel more at home in your new place plus a lot your possessions probably hold special memories. Each to their own I guess but I would not underestimate how much it will cost to completely fit out your new home if you do not bring anything with you.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Barnsley to Uxbridge to Southampton and eventually to Iluka....
Gert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really niceGert Muller is just really nice
Default Re: cleaning of garden tools

Originally Posted by suek
Hi, Can anyone give advice on how clean garden tools need to be. I have used the pressure washer on them and cleaned them in Jades fluid, they still have what looks like greasy marks on that will not come off. will this be acceptable?
Thanks
Steve
Who's Jade then?? You could try Jeyes Fluid, that's supposed to work quite well!!!

We didn't bring any garden tools because I was a bit worried plus I hate gardening so it was a good excuse not to do it!! But we still ended up having to pay to have our christmas decorations destroyed because there were pine cones on them! Ooops.....
Old Oct 28th 2010, 4:15 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gert Muller
Its OK doing that as long as you have the money to buy everything from beds to dining room tables down to a new wooden spoon and potato peeler! Having familiar things around you can help you to feel more at home in your new place plus a lot your possessions probably hold special memories. Each to their own I guess but I would not underestimate how much it will cost to completely fit out your new home if you do not bring anything with you.
I would agree with that.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 7:40 am
Forum Regular

Sunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to allSunshine7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mabozar
Where are you living in Perth we have been here 8 months at a stumbling block now can't buy too expensive and can't sell our scottish home. The exchange rate is crap too! Stuck behind a rock and a hard place as they say don't want to be mortgaged up to the hilt!

Carol
We are NOR. We luckily managed to sell our house in the UK but made practically nothing on it so we will be renting for a while until we can save up a bit more of a deposit - even then we WILL be mortgaged to the hilt