moving to perth

Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: moving to perth

I just want to send best wishes to all of you who are coming to Perth
Fiogle (Fiona)....wish we'd have known you wanted a GPS. We bought a new one a few months ago and have never used it. Just in case we decided to sell it I took it back to Harvey Norman to make sure it had current maps, which it does ...anyone want one, going cheap (not cheep )
To any nurses out there, stepson's partner is a critical care nurse at 'Charlies', she is always telling us how desperate they are on every ward for trained nurses
All the best to everyone.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by midwife2be
Hi again

yeah, I start work at king eddies 3 weeks after we arrive on a graduate midwifery program so have a busy few weeks finding rentals/suburbs/schools etc .

We've never been to Perth before so its a bit daunting but after the hassles of the last 12 months I'm sure we'll get by!!! We also arrive the monday before australia day so that will be a nice welcome for us
Hi, how exciting. I loved Perth and i am sure you will to. As i have said i will be there in March and if you need any help or support with your midwifery or just a chat then feel free to contact me. I visited Osborne Park Hospital whilst i was in Perth, as i will be working there and it was wonderful. It is a puclic hospital but was better then our Uk private hospitals.

Which suburbs/schools are you thinking about settling in?

Mandy
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to beholdmidwife-mandy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vin 'n Bin
I just want to send best wishes to all of you who are coming to Perth
Fiogle (Fiona)....wish we'd have known you wanted a GPS. We bought a new one a few months ago and have never used it. Just in case we decided to sell it I took it back to Harvey Norman to make sure it had current maps, which it does ...anyone want one, going cheap (not cheep )
To any nurses out there, stepson's partner is a critical care nurse at 'Charlies', she is always telling us how desperate they are on every ward for trained nurses
All the best to everyone.
Thanks, I cant wait to get there
Old Dec 4th 2007, 1:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by midwife-mandy
Hi, how exciting. I loved Perth and i am sure you will to. As i have said i will be there in March and if you need any help or support with your midwifery or just a chat then feel free to contact me. I visited Osborne Park Hospital whilst i was in Perth, as i will be working there and it was wonderful. It is a puclic hospital but was better then our Uk private hospitals.

Which suburbs/schools are you thinking about settling in?

Mandy
Thanks for that mandy

I'm not sure whereabouts we'll settle yet it all depends on the commute etc, we have a holiday rental in port kennedy, nr some friends of ours, for 4 weeks so hopefully we'll have enough time to look at suburbs etc.
I'll let you know how it goes
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:27 am
Just Joined

Simon and Gaynor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ozzy7
Hi everyone, were off to Perth early next year.....if we ever get our visa! We have been to most parts of OZ but never Perth so its good to hear all your positive post's. Were moving over with 2 teenage boys so are looking at schools on the net, were not sure what part of Perth we will settle down in.
Hi,

We are 2 teachers looking to move to Aussy. Wondered what you thught of Adelaide, Melbourne,Brisbane and Perth(Houses,jobs, etc)? We've heard that Adelaide is a little behind the other cities?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon and Gaynor
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:34 am
Banned

fedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nicefedupwithbritain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Simon and Gaynor
Hi,

We are 2 teachers looking to move to Aussy. Wondered what you thught of Adelaide, Melbourne,Brisbane and Perth(Houses,jobs, etc)? We've heard that Adelaide is a little behind the other cities?

Thanks,

Simon and Gaynor
Hope your not English teachers
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:37 am
Banned

ozhero is an unknown quantity at this point

Why does every Pom think Perth and Brisabane are the only two places in OZ. THeres about a million other places in VIC, NSW, SA and TAS that are just as good or better to live in.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

Thanks,

Simon and Gaynor
Hi Simon and Gaynor ...I don't think Adelaide is behind other cities, I lived there for 31 years.
I have been in Perth for 5 years, it's 'okay' but I prefer Adelaide...just a personal preference .I find the other cities great for a holiday but I love all the surrounding areas in all of them
Good luck in your endeavours.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:22 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by ozhero
Why does every Pom think Perth and Brisabane are the only two places in OZ.
Every Pom doesn't.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 10:48 am
Banned

ozhero is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Thanks,

Simon and Gaynor
Why move to one of those big cities at all, theres are be plenty of great places to live an hour or two outside a city on the coast that have plenty of jobs for teachers or a smaller regional city, lower housing costs, less crime, better lifestyle.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Galaxy Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

It is very interesting reading all this optimistic staff, we 've planed for Perth since long time ago and we are waiting for damn visa ! My wife and me do not have any children at the moment, but may start to think about it after settling down there. Like the others the biggest headache for us is housing area and job. The worst is that we are not native English speaker and I hope we cope with OZ accent !!
As far as I find, Perth is very laid back city and seems to be closed at 7 !! gosh
we used to live in a 24 h' live & 16M population city!! I hope not to get board and homesick!
I am Electrical Engineer and my spouse is Architect, both having 7-8 years working experience. Dose any body have any idea about finding a job there?
ThanX for your former posts which was very interesting for me.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:07 am
Just Joined

Galaxy Surfer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozhero
Why move to one of those big cities at all, theres are be plenty of great places to live an hour or two outside a city on the coast that have plenty of jobs for teachers or a smaller regional city, lower housing costs, less crime, better lifestyle.
ozhero, you said less crime, do you mean there are more crime on Perth than other cities???
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

leftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really niceleftfield is just really nice

All you peolple must be living in a different perth to me.
Or maybe I am just a odd.

I have no australian friends. I find austalians (in perth) very unfriendly and difficult to get to know.

My experience is that they think australia is brillaint and as an english person I am somehow genetically inferior to them/ stupid.

I am glad the majority of people on this forum enjoy it here but I can't wait to return home.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:35 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leftfield

I have no australian friends. I find austalians (in perth) very unfriendly and difficult to get to know.

My experience is that they think australia is brillaint and as an english person I am somehow genetically inferior to them/ stupid.

I am glad the majority of people on this forum enjoy it here but I can't wait to return home.
I am sorry you have had those experiences. I have been here 3 years almost and haven't experienced any of that. I wish you luck with your move home.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 1:41 am
NO ADDED SUGAR

I_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to beholdI_Will_Freckle is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leftfield

Sorry to hear that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.