Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to oz what to sort out take with us etc

Moving to oz what to sort out take with us etc

Old May 12th 2012, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default Moving to oz what to sort out take with us etc

My visa expires in 1yr 3 months and i have just applied for my wife's visa once thats comes through we hope to start our move to australia,perth.

Im sure there are older posts but not sure where to find them but wanted to know what was recommended to do say 12 months before going,6months,3,1 etc etc

Also whats recommend to do or take with us,im sure i read about dental records things like that,i would like to get as much stuff on this as i can.
Old May 12th 2012, 12:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to oz what to sort out take with us etc

Originally Posted by brian.w
My visa expires in 1yr 3 months and i have just applied for my wife's visa once thats comes through we hope to start our move to australia,perth.

Im sure there are older posts but not sure where to find them but wanted to know what was recommended to do say 12 months before going,6months,3,1 etc etc

Also whats recommend to do or take with us,im sure i read about dental records things like that,i would like to get as much stuff on this as i can.
The only records you'll need are those that give information on major conditions or in case you can't remember the history of conditions or if you have children you will need their immunisation records. Apart from that don't worry about them. If you see a doc or dentist here, they will want to do their own xrays, checks etc.

Edit: Also at the top of the Australia Forum page there are a few red sticky 'read me' threads. One of them is an old but still really helpful list of things to do and bring etc. I can't remember most of what's in it but there is definitely some useful stuff there.