Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Oz... think VERY carefully!

Moving to Oz... think VERY carefully!

Old Aug 23rd 2008, 2:29 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz... think VERY carefully!

Originally Posted by CaptainMerton
He will be back on 6 months time after a name change to something like "Depressed Pom in Noosa" saying "I hate this place the tv is *****ing depressing, you'd get more culture in a bio-yoghurt, oh how i miss a cold wet day p1ssing rain on my head i cant take any more of this souless humid fly infested sh1thole. I am heading back to the UK so my kids have some opportunities in life I wish someone had told me there werent any corporate banking careers in Noosa for my kids..."
This made me giggle no end. Why CM, you have become so cynical, so quickly.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 4:03 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul from Poole
You called me xenophobic I have 2 sons that deserve a chance in life believe or not If they want to be corporate #ankers that thier choice but the biggest employer in this area 75% of its work force is Polish they work for less Than local people live ten to a house send all the money back to Poland and claim child support from England for children that live in Poland I dont blame them for that the system has let them do it if I could work in poland the same way I would. the differance is in Poland they protect thier own workforce and Australia has the same approach If I cant speak English I dont get in, if I dont abide by thier rules I'm out. does that make Australian goverment xenophobic. If so how do your priciples let you bere to live there.
We spend millions keping terrorists safe and on benefit.
If In 6 months I miss all this crap then I will eat my words an become a polish Lesbian Muslim.
I can't tell you what I think of this post, but it isn't what I thought of the first. I will say one thing though, I doubt your sons at their ages will thank you for taking them to Noosa.
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 4:28 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Us whipper snappers hey and our expectations.

Why can't we just be happy with a house in the suburbs, 2 cars, a dog and 2.4 children.
In Wollaton or Forest Fields?
Old Aug 23rd 2008, 10:46 pm
Forum Regular

Helen Randle is an unknown quantity at this point

It all depends how Sh!tty your life is in your country of birth! For me it's a no brainer - it's Oz all the way! Life can all about trials and tribulations but for me if the environment is better it is more tolerable!
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Townley
Tell me about it.. I can't wait! After this week I have 8 weeks left of work in the UK... I can hear the champagne cork popping already!

After Egypt we pretty much travelling by train to Oz... Trans Mongolian from Moscow to Bejing... Coastal train via Hong Kong into Vietnam... cross into Thailand to do more diving, possible a Full Moon Party and if I can convince him... a detox retreat ... then train it from Bangkok to S'pore via Penang & Kuala Lumper... and then a flight from S'pore to Darwin. Validate visa. Drive down through the centre from Darwin to Adelaide (luckily my OH is an Outback Jack) and then back up the West coast... hopefully catch a bit of wine tasting in Swan Valley and experience the Kimberleys in real life! Then from there we head over to Canada (Whistler) to work a snow season and then when the snow goes camping and fishing until our visa runs out... and then (deep breath) back to Oz!

I just didn't want to get on a plane one day and 24 hrs later be in Oz... thought this would be an interesting way to get there!

So when are you off?

TP x
What a fantastic trip! Sounds like you'll have a ball. Good luck to you