Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Moving to Oz on NZ citizenship.

Moving to Oz on NZ citizenship.

Old Aug 4th 2019, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Moving to Oz on NZ citizenship.

I think when you move around a lot over long distances for long periods of time you will never get that feeling back. Live goes on in the places you left and it changes and people change to are you pinning for what you think the UK is like 14 years ago or what it is really like now? … we did not return to the place where I grow up when we came back but this was not our driving force to come to the UK in the first place. I have since visited it and it’s a sh1t hole. I was shocked how bad it was. I think the big thing here for me would be what is your exit strategy if it all goes pair shape in the UK?.. if you move back to the UK will you have the means to relocate again? Moving dogs to the UK will be expensive each way. Our container going back to Australia is costing £3500 and we had a quote for our then 2 dogs of £7000. We struggled to rent a place that accepted dogs and you will end up in a sub standard house because there the only ones will to rent to dog owners. (there will always be someone that says different but they the one percentile or liars)You know when you make a really bad decision in life and you think back and say we should never have done that or I should have tried that! Moving back to the UK is without doubt not only the worst decision I made in life it was also the most stupid when I look back..The heat in the UK is nice when it comes out but only lasts a few days….the longer days are also a plus
Old Aug 4th 2019, 5:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SUPERCAD
I think when you move around a lot over long distances for long periods of time you will never get that feeling back. Live goes on in the places you left and it changes and people change to are you pinning for what you think the UK is like 14 years ago or what it is really like now? … we did not return to the place where I grow up when we came back but this was not our driving force to come to the UK in the first place. I have since visited it and it’s a sh1t hole. I was shocked how bad it was. I think the big thing here for me would be what is your exit strategy if it all goes pair shape in the UK?.. if you move back to the UK will you have the means to relocate again? Moving dogs to the UK will be expensive each way. Our container going back to Australia is costing £3500 and we had a quote for our then 2 dogs of £7000. We struggled to rent a place that accepted dogs and you will end up in a sub standard house because there the only ones will to rent to dog owners. (there will always be someone that says different but they the one percentile or liars)You know when you make a really bad decision in life and you think back and say we should never have done that or I should have tried that! Moving back to the UK is without doubt not only the worst decision I made in life it was also the most stupid when I look back..The heat in the UK is nice when it comes out but only lasts a few days….the longer days are also a plus
Everyone makes mistakes in life but the thing is to learn from it and move on - which is not always easy to do. Moving around the world at your own expense can be incredibly stressful and expensive, but moving to a country and realising it's not for you and then not doing anything about it is crazy. Life's too short to live somewhere you don't like. Understanding that you f**ked up and then sorting it out is the key.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

vetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond reputevetnurse1 has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. And we should have done something years ago. But as you say, not always easy when you have children, jobs etc to consider.
We have started to look closely at the costs involved in moving across the ditch. It will be expensive but we think it's the right decision. I don't want to be unhappy here for another 14 years.
Old Aug 4th 2019, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

For me it has been lucrative to say for the work so in that respect it is ok .. we are back in Brissy in Sept we did look at Perth but we will go to what we know and see what happens as you say live is to short to wait..
Old Aug 4th 2019, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vetnurse1

Agree. And we should have done something years ago. But as you say, not always easy when you have children, jobs etc to consider.
We have started to look closely at the costs involved in moving across the ditch. It will be expensive but we think it's the right decision. I don't want to be unhappy here for another 14 years.
I would encourage you to do it and whish you all the best