Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

moving to oz with my family????

moving to oz with my family????

Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

ali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really nice
Thumbs up moving to oz with my family????

Hi 2 all
my name is ali and my husband and i are looking in to moving to australia, however, we are not sure of the best way to go about it? i am a registered nurse and dave (husband) is a bricky. i also have a married daughter with 3 children and a husband who will be coming to. he is also a bricky and my daughter is a care worker. do you know if we can go as a family or do we have to apply seperate? i am 40 yrs of age?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to oz with my family????

No you cant all go as a family, you will have to go as two families and I dont know that your daughter's family will find it that easy. You, as a nurse, should be fine.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

ali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really niceali lancaster is just really nice
Unhappy Re: moving to oz with my family????

is there not much work for brickys? why do you say my daughter may find it a problem?
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

No idea how much work there is for brickies. You and your husband should apply for a visa on the basis of your skills, nurses are always the better option. You can bring any depoendent children with you. However you mention your daughter is working therefore she is going to need to qualify for a visa in her own right and I don't think care worker is on the list (but do check). If she is single and the rest of the family are in Australia she might qualify for a last remaining relative visa.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:43 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ali lancaster
Hi 2 all
my name is ali and my husband and i are looking in to moving to australia, however, we are not sure of the best way to go about it? i am a registered nurse and dave (husband) is a bricky. i also have a married daughter with 3 children and a husband who will be coming to. he is also a bricky and my daughter is a care worker. do you know if we can go as a family or do we have to apply seperate? i am 40 yrs of age?
First up check out the Oz immigration site HERE

To go on an independant visa you need 120 points and at 40 you may not reach the target. Check out one of the many points calculators on the web.

A state sponsored visa, via SMP, only requires 100 points and as a nurse you may also find it easier to get employer sponsorship.

you'll also need a valid skills assessment for yourself. If you can get one for your OH then this may add 5pts to your total. Try the nurses forum or a search on the forum for info on the specific requirements for nurses.

As bricklayer is on the SOL your daughters family may actually find it easier to reach the 120 point target as they are younger!

In any case have a thorough read of the info on the DIAC site, it's not the most thrilling read but is very comprehensive
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

eugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond reputeeugene43 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
First up check out the Oz immigration site HERE

To go on an independant visa you need 120 points and at 40 you may not reach the target. Check out one of the many points calculators on the web.

A state sponsored visa, via SMP, only requires 100 points and as a nurse you may also find it easier to get employer sponsorship.

you'll also need a valid skills assessment for yourself. If you can get one for your OH then this may add 5pts to your total. Try the nurses forum or a search on the forum for info on the specific requirements for nurses.

As bricklayer is on the SOL your daughters family may actually find it easier to reach the 120 point target as they are younger!

In any case have a thorough read of the info on the DIAC site, it's not the most thrilling read but is very comprehensive
Have they got qualifications i.e city & guilds or equivalent as for most visas other than sponcered is a big reqiurment.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 10:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

is there not much work for brickys? why do you say my daughter may find it a problem?
It isn't the work so much as the points needed to get a visa as everyone has said.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 11:38 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi 2 all
Hi Ali, myself and my hubby are both nurses and got PR on those skills. There is a list of the skills that Oz is looking for on the immigration website so try checking on there. It does work on a points system and having dependent children adds points too! As your daughter is not a dependent I doubt she could be included on your application.
Good luck!