Moving to Oz

Old May 15th 2022, 11:38 pm
Just Joined

Calpespain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Oz

Moving from UK to Australia: We used John Mason International from Liverpool and they were dreadful at helping you once they have packed you up and have your money. Currently our full container has still not arrived after 18 weeks and they are at fault. They missed the cut off day by 24hrs to get the container to the port in time to be loaded onto a ship, their fault as they had the furniture in their deport for 5 days but they always blame other people like the shipping lines for the delays. BE WARNED that if you use another company to pack your goods they may also use John Mason International to actually arrange the shipping part of your delivery, this happens a lot, so be careful. Secondly if they use the same agent to deliver your goods once in country, particularly Brisbane, then currently the agent they use has a 4 week delay in getting your goods to you. Everyone blames these local delays onto Customs and AQIS but that’s a false claim there are no delay with these inspections. So my advice would be to sell your furniture and household goods in the UK use that money and the cost of shipping which will be between £5500 minimum 20´container to £12,000 40´let say add sale costs to removal costs you may have between £10,000 to £15,000 to replace in Oz. In Kmart here you can buy all of your household small goods very cheaply and furniture from Amart and beds from one of the many discount bed shops and all for must less that your total removal costs including your sold items. ADVICE with so long now, in shipping times, from door to door plus the costs of accommodation whilst you wait for your goods its simple not worth the effort and stress of sending your goods to Australia, sell everything and buy new here. I wish I had!
Old May 16th 2022, 6:19 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Originally Posted by Calpespain
Moving from UK to Australia: We used John Mason International from Liverpool and they were dreadful at helping you once they have packed you up and have your money. Currently our full container has still not arrived after 18 weeks and they are at fault. They missed the cut off day by 24hrs to get the container to the port in time to be loaded onto a ship, their fault as they had the furniture in their deport for 5 days but they always blame other people like the shipping lines for the delays. BE WARNED that if you use another company to pack your goods they may also use John Mason International to actually arrange the shipping part of your delivery, this happens a lot, so be careful. Secondly if they use the same agent to deliver your goods once in country, particularly Brisbane, then currently the agent they use has a 4 week delay in getting your goods to you. Everyone blames these local delays onto Customs and AQIS but that’s a false claim there are no delay with these inspections. So my advice would be to sell your furniture and household goods in the UK use that money and the cost of shipping which will be between £5500 minimum 20´container to £12,000 40´let say add sale costs to removal costs you may have between £10,000 to £15,000 to replace in Oz. In Kmart here you can buy all of your household small goods very cheaply and furniture from Amart and beds from one of the many discount bed shops and all for must less that your total removal costs including your sold items. ADVICE with so long now, in shipping times, from door to door plus the costs of accommodation whilst you wait for your goods its simple not worth the effort and stress of sending your goods to Australia, sell everything and buy new here. I wish I had!
Sorry you are still waiting.

Back in 2013 I believe I waited 3 or 4 weeks for goods to clear customs and AQIS, and that was without Covid impacting staffing.

For sure there are significant delays globally with docking and offloading ships - and this has a knock on effect for loading. Container costs have increased for all, impacting the cost and availability of items from new.

Definitely something all new migrants should consider - from both sides