Moving to Oz

Old Jan 16th 2013, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz

Originally Posted by paddyo
Blimey.....I never knew you could sponsor YOURSELF for a 457!!
It is possible but rare and waaay beyond the expertise levels of a forum of amateurs. OP needs a really good migration agent.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

neolight90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
It is possible but rare and waaay beyond the expertise levels of a forum of amateurs. OP needs a really good migration agent.
I am using Go Matilda as I heard good things
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neolight90
I am using Go Matilda as I heard good things
Good choice.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 12:52 am
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been checking out the postage costs compared to ours and still, the main problem I see is not so much the postage costs but the price they charge per item is well above what we charge, I am still trying to work out why that is.

I had a bricks and mortar shop here but I closed it as I felt that online was making more of a profit and retails on the high street is dying here. Do people still shop on the high street there or is it mostly done online, as I may just stick to that and keep my costs down.

On another note, I am wondering how much money I would need from the start on this, I have been trying to work this out on how much they would expect me to have and if I would need to hire Australians which I intend to do whats set up, as I have so much stock here at the moment it is going to require a warehouse when I bring it with me and I need this running and then of course there is the shop/s I will open if the market is there.

Is this area good for shoppers http://www.realcommercial.com.au/pro...erth-500172956
Retail is expensive in Australia because there is no real competition.
Old Jan 17th 2013, 1:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zen10
Yes and no

Samsung TV. Many retailers selling them so lot's of competition and prices are good - certainly generally cheaper than the UK
Toyota Corolla. Many dealers - well priced and you can get good deals
Tin of baked beans. Few retailers, little competition and prices are high
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Yes and no

Samsung TV. Many retailers selling them so lot's of competition and prices are good - certainly generally cheaper than the UK
Toyota Corolla. Many dealers - well priced and you can get good deals
Tin of baked beans. Few retailers, little competition and prices are high
Spot on! (lol)
Old Jan 17th 2013, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zen10
So maybe its time there was, well in the baby and kid world anyhow
Old Jan 17th 2013, 7:42 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute

So maybe its time there was, well in the baby and kid world anyhow
Absolutely, fingers crossed Gerry Harvey doesn't phone up the government and complain about your prices...
Old Jan 17th 2013, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

On another note, if for whatever reason the visa does not work out, I know my uncle and aunt cant sponsor me in the normal way, but can my uncle sponsor me to go and work for him as a locksmith, I have no experience but I did do the MLA course just in case it was only 5 days resident and its the highest level of training you can get here. Long shot I know but he said he would do anything to help me get there
Old Jan 18th 2013, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

On another note, if for whatever reason the visa does not work out, I know my uncle and aunt cant sponsor me in the normal way, but can my uncle sponsor me to go and work for him as a locksmith, I have no experience but I did do the MLA course just in case it was only 5 days resident and its the highest level of training you can get here. Long shot I know but he said he would do anything to help me get there
I should think it would take a CO about two minutes to see through that.

Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

I should think it would take a CO about two minutes to see through that.

Oh I know they would be like wtf?! but what I ment was if he was to really hire me and I was to work for him, I dont mind as my wife could run the business while I earn money doing that???

My wife had a really good question though, what can she do while im on a 457 visa can she work?

My Dad just asked me as he is trying to get out, although I said wait to see if I go as I could sponsor him first, but he wanted to know if his job, Manager of stores at a brick manufacturers for over 10 years is like anything on the list? He knows a bit about Engineering through working there but has no qualifications with regards to engineering

Last edited by neolight90; Jan 18th 2013 at 10:35 am.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh I know they would be like wtf?! but what I ment was if he was to really hire me and I was to work for him, I dont mind as my wife could run the business while I earn money doing that???

My wife had a really good question though, what can she do while im on a 457 visa can she work?
You would need to show you have the relevant skills and experience ... it aint going to work.

Secondary applicants on the 457 get full working rights.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

You would need to show you have the relevant skills and experience ... it aint going to work.

Secondary applicants on the 457 get full working rights.
I thought that might be the case. Thanks

Any thoughts on what I asked about my dad
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

How old is your dad?
Old Jan 18th 2013, 9:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that might be the case. Thanks

Any thoughts on what I asked about my dad
What happened to the agent who was advising you? What did he/she say about your dad?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.