Moving to Oz.

Old Jan 6th 2013, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of
Default Moving to Oz.

Hi there,

OH and I (and two dogs) are looking to move to Australia at some point in the future. Just thought I would do a quick post to say Hi!

We are at the very beginning of our journey. We have just started the research so I'm sure we will be posting some questions soon!

Anyway...I guess that's it until I have done some research! Hope you are all enjoying the summer (it's -15 and snowing here in Canada right now!)

WM
Old Jan 6th 2013, 8:14 pm
Banned

Zen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond reputeZen10 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Oz.

Originally Posted by Waltzing Matilda
Hi there,

OH and I (and two dogs) are looking to move to Australia at some point in the future. Just thought I would do a quick post to say Hi!

We are at the very beginning of our journey. We have just started the research so I'm sure we will be posting some questions soon!

Anyway...I guess that's it until I have done some research! Hope you are all enjoying the summer (it's -15 and snowing here in Canada right now!)

WM
Hi WM

We were 59 degrees hotter than than last week. Hope the process goes smoothly for you and if you have any questions just ask. There's always someone around to answer. I know several Canadians here in Aus and they all seem to like it - or perhaps you are Brits? Which part are you going to?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Hi Zen,

I am British, OH is Canadian.

Not sure where we want to move to yet! We are still at the very very start of this process! Figured I would check that we are eligible for visas first before I started setting my heart on a place to live!!
Old Jan 7th 2013, 3:44 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Waltzing Matilda
Hi Zen,

I am British, OH is Canadian.

Not sure where we want to move to yet! We are still at the very very start of this process! Figured I would check that we are eligible for visas first before I started setting my heart on a place to live!!
That's a very good idea! Although sometimes your visa and where you can live are linked because there are regional and state sponsored visas, and then of course working visas which depend on where the employer is located!

BB
Old Jan 7th 2013, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

I've already had a working holiday visa (11 years ago!) so as us Brits can only get one of those then we won't be going that route.

As OH is a welder he would qualify under welder first class, or pressure welder. So as long as we meet all other criteria and get the 65 points I think we can move under the skilled Independent (migrant) visa (sub class 175).

I haven't looked at another visa types yet and there may be another one that is better suited to us so I'm going to get back to reading!

WM
Old Jan 7th 2013, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

Ok...I'm just calculating points and OH and I are having a slight difference in opinion!
OH became a fully qualified welder in December 2010. So, the way I read the points calculator he won't get any points for work experience as it needs to be 3 years minimum. But he thinks it starts from when he first began his training which was over 5 years ago and would give him 10 points!
Everywhere I look says that the experience needs to be in the nominated occupation, so I take that to mean fully qualified?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up!

WM
Old Jan 7th 2013, 6:50 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Hi WM, you may get better answers to this specific question in the immigration forum.

BB