moving to oz

Old Jul 16th 2007, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

LOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura about
Default moving to oz

my family are hoping to move to oz in a few years but my husband and i have kids from other partners and we are very worried about the out come. all the kids live with us we would be greatful if anyone else has been through the same thing would love to here any advice and out comes
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of
Default Re: moving to oz

I have just answered another thread relating to this with regard to the children issue.

Basically, you will need to get written permission from the other parent(s) to take the children out of the country. This will need to be attached to your visa.

I am in Court on Thursday to get permission to take my son out of the country. Will keep you posted about how it goes if you like?

Hope this helps a bit.

Jo
x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

jdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud ofjdraper has much to be proud of

Oops sorry - forgot my manners.

WELCOME TO BE!!!
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

LOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura aboutLOVERINGS has a spectacular aura about

thanks so much yes please keep me informed how long has it taken so far because when we went to court for my husbands girls it took 18 mths for them to live with us are we looking at same time period thanks kate
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

I filed the application and got it back within a week or so. I then had 14 days to serve (as I knew where Andrew's dad was) and the court date was 6 weeks after that (which is this week) but depends on court backlogs etc I would think.

I didn't use a solicitor as it was too expensive. Only a case of filling a form in and then I will just go to court this week. Don't know what will happen if he doesn't turn up at court - he may be subpoenaed, which will be another court date. That is what happened when Andrew changed his name.

Will keep you informed.

Jo
x
Old Jul 16th 2007, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

were you married to him cause my son has had a name change i was nether married to his dad will i still have to do court for him as wev got 4 kids it will mean fighting for 3 to go to oz ot live what a night mare :curse:
Old Jul 17th 2007, 2:24 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdraper
Basically, you will need to get written permission from the other parent(s) to take the children out of the country. This will need to be attached to your visa.
Depends on what parental rights the other parents have (if any).
Old Jul 17th 2007, 7:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Depends on what parental rights the other parents have (if any).
hes got no parental rights at all i dont realy want to have to ask him for permission hes not the nicest of people just hope if we do have to go to court for them all they liston to what the kids want as they all realy want to go. for the courts to try and split them up would be really bad
Old Jul 17th 2007, 10:19 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Does the father of your child/ren pay any money to the upkeep of them at all?
Old Jul 17th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by iPom
Does the father of your child/ren pay any money to the upkeep of them at all?
yes but only started about a year ago for my son the girls mum pays nothing we have got to do court for the girls but as me and my sons dad were nether married or lived together i wouldnt have to go to court for him as he hasnt got rights through court
Old Jul 17th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LOVERINGS
were you married to him cause my son has had a name change i was nether married to his dad will i still have to do court for him as wev got 4 kids it will mean fighting for 3 to go to oz ot live what a night mare :curse:
I was married to Andrew's dad.

I think what JAJ says is right in that it depends on custody rights. If I had had sole custody then I probably wouldn't have had to ask for his permission.

Try phoning your local Court office - they are normally pretty helpful.

Jo
x
Old Jul 19th 2007, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdraper
I was married to Andrew's dad.

I think what JAJ says is right in that it depends on custody rights. If I had had sole custody then I probably wouldn't have had to ask for his permission.

Try phoning your local Court office - they are normally pretty helpful.

Jo
x
how did court go iv just found out i have got to get his permission im not a happy bunny. how long was your case was it a one day thing or will it take a few court cases and if you dont mind how much are we looking at as wev got to go for the girls didnt need this for my son as well thanks kate
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi

I got my Court Order yesterday!!! Was really busy yesterday so didn't have time to come on here.

Took about 1/2 hour yesterday morning (waiting time) and we were in and out of the Judge's room within 2 minutes!!! Andrew's dad did agree to the Order though so it was quicker.

I didn't use a Solicitor as it was only filling a form in, serving the papers and appearing before a District Judge in Chambers. This was because I knew where his dad was and thought he would agree (which he did). Cost £185 to make the application at Court - no more costs as no Solicitor. I did get quoted about £1500 to do the same thing!!!!

Hope this helps.

Jo
x
Old Jul 20th 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for letting us no how you got on. very helpfull. next step OZ for your family is it. kate
Old Jul 20th 2007, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Can't apply till next March as we are going on a Student Visa. Paul's course starts in July and you can't apply for Visa until 4 months before that.

Will just sit tight and wait and get excited and count the days etc etc!!!!

JO
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.