moving to oz

Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

ron.al is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to oz

We are currently waiting our visa to enable us to move to oz next year around july time. At first we were thinking about adelaide but now seem to think bisbane is a better choice. We have a year to prepare and just wondered if anyone and enlight us with regard to the area we choose

Last edited by ron.al; Jul 9th 2006 at 4:46 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 4:54 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to oz

Originally Posted by ron.al
We are currently waiting our visa to enable us to move to oz next year around july time. At first we were thinking about adelaide but now seem to think bisbane is a better choice. We have a year to prepare and just wondered if anyone and enlight us with regard to the area we choose
Welcome to the forum... We are off to visit both Brisbane and Adelaide in 3 weeks time...could let you know our views then if thats any good? But from the things I've read it's all down to personnel choice. Are you not going to visit OZ first yourselves?.....
Old Jul 9th 2006, 5:54 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Dont visit just go!! we are moving to Brisbane in september, taking the risk, never been to oz at all. You will need all the money you can to pay for the visa and actually moving over there!!! Pete
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:15 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
Dont visit just go!! we are moving to Brisbane in september, taking the risk, never been to oz at all. You will need all the money you can to pay for the visa and actually moving over there!!! Pete
I'm afraid I aint that brave!!!!!!!!! Plus we are lucky enough to have relatives to stay with.... and possible citizenship in the offing so we are quite lucky.... C x
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiels
Welcome to the forum... We are off to visit both Brisbane and Adelaide in 3 weeks time...could let you know our views then if thats any good? But from the things I've read it's all down to personnel choice. Are you not going to visit OZ first yourselves?.....

yeah that would be great thanks. No we are just going to emigrate life too short so thought why not there is me al my husband ron and our two kids Leah and Aaron
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pete jackson

We are like you taking the risk life too short and if don't do it now never will. An particular reason why you choose Brisbane - Is it the work?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:28 pm
Forum Regular

atkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of lightatkinsfamily is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
we are going to Adelaide on Oct/Nov. As Pete says never been to Aus going for it and really looking forward to the challenge. It dose seem personal choice though. Best of luck
Helen
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by atkinsfamily
Hi
we are going to Adelaide on Oct/Nov. As Pete says never been to Aus going for it and really looking forward to the challenge. It dose seem personal choice though. Best of luck
Helen

best of luck to you as well hope things go well in oct/nov you will have to let me know how things go. What age are your kids i assume by atkinsfamily i am ok asking this. There is me Alison Ron my husband and my two kids Leah 8 and Aaron 5 it will be one hell of a challenge but most probably worth it in the end
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by shiels
I'm afraid I aint that brave!!!!!!!!! Plus we are lucky enough to have relatives to stay with.... and possible citizenship in the offing so we are quite lucky.... C x

Although your not that brave just to go. Have you been and stayed in oz. everyone says the lifestyle is second to none do you agree?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:47 pm
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

Although your not that brave just to go. Have you been and stayed in oz. everyone says the lifestyle is second to none do you agree?
No never been before this will be our first trip...but between here and 'Adbrits' not many people have a bad thing to say about OZ... moms cousin who lives on the Gold Coast says the motto there is 'Beautiful one day, perfect the next'.... so it sounds alright to me... C x
Old Jul 9th 2006, 8:15 pm
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

We are like you taking the risk life too short and if don't do it now never will. An particular reason why you choose Brisbane - Is it the work?
Brisbane for the work, weather and sea! Good weather all year nearly!! Pete